Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Awesome

help identifying this strain?
    #234859 - 06/01/09 01:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

so i have an unknown strain of plant with a couple of leads on what it MIGHT be. i got the plant as a seedling from a friend and cloned her down one she was big enough and was showing her sex.  here is a list of traits this plant exhibits..

- very dark purple stalk throughout the entire veg period, grown it in soil, and hydro, and this remains constant.
- once she starts to stretch the purpling fades and the upper 10-12" of the stem is green while all of the stems that were present during veg remain dark purple
- the leaves appear to be mostly indica
- internode distance is pretty short during veg, 1-2.5"
- the onset of flowering was very quick, about 3-4 days for little nugs to start forming.
- flowers are gaining size very quickly, and are just starting to show resin production.
- although the aroma is faint right now i smell traces of pine/citrus, somewhat sour,and maybe berries with some earthy undertones.

that's all i can think of right now.

so far the only suggestions i have for what it could be is purple pineberry, or purple Oregon Thai.  unfortunately i don't have a good picture to show off the purple stalk.  but i am quite convinced that this is teh genetics of the plant and is not stress induced.  i have been able to find 1 picture of a purple oregon thai plant, and my girls are a spitting image of it, however, from my research, i have found that it is a strain that has been passed down as a clone, and therefore highly unlikely that is what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help identifying this strain? [Re: Dr. Awesome]
    #234882 - 06/01/09 04:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Also unlikely: being able to determine what strain you have.
Ask the friend who gave it to you, or have that person ask the person who gave it to them.
There's just no way to know what you've got; if you go look at the strain lists on this site, you'll know why.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: help identifying this strain? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #236179 - 06/03/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Certain places can do a DNA test on it for you. Probably mainly in california or europe. I think you can find them through google.

Maybe this site www.mccdirectory.org/medical_cannabis_training.lasso?-token.classid=125

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help identifying this strain? [Re: Divide]
    #238302 - 06/10/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt it would be worth a DNA test. It could be anything, and even if you do find the strain, there's always the possibility that it was an exceptional phenotype. Lot of randomness. Money spent trying to do a DNA test could go towards a lot of really nice strains..... :wink:

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Re: help identifying this strain? [Re: Sirius]
    #238643 - 06/11/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You could germ seeds of the same strain in the same pack and they could all look drastically different. Basically when you buy a strain you're buying a family of genetics that are more prone but don't necessarily have the same traits. If what you are growing is good weed then I'd leave it at that and just enjoy it for what it is.

OfflineYungpunk
NewKidOnTheBlock
 User Gallery

Re: help identifying this strain? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #238652 - 06/11/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

take a pic of the nug.

--------------------
Riots are the voices of the unheard.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds