Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Starting out right this year...Kinda... Inverted's Grow Journal!
    #228534 - 05/20/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So yeah this is my little girl... Well I sure as hell hope it is but with my record I should be ok.  Its 3 weeks old today! I've been pretty successful before but this one is very ahead of schedule... Its secondary branches have grown considerably, some already 5-6 inches long... Since its doing such a good job of bushing out on its own I decided to top it yesterday(trying to get her large this time), well, actually I FIM'd it if you wanna get technical but I don't know if I was successful yet or not, I've only topped before... BTW How long do you think it should be before I know how many tops I'll have this time, 4-5 days? It's really growing at a freakish pace... 21 days from seed... wtf! I have it under a 30W CFL when the sun goes down, from 8 PM to 8 AM, then she goes out under the all powerful growlight. I gave it the first good dose of Nutes yesterday as well. The stalk is about 1/2 inch at least already.

Tell me what you think, good or bad, I know I burnt some leaves early on but it's recovering great.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (06/29/09 08:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... [Re: Inverted]
    #228701 - 05/20/09 05:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can't wait to see what happens.

:eek:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... [Re: MFDoom666]
    #229245 - 05/21/09 07:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well I told myself that if this plant turned out to be a female then I would have this thread moved on over to the grow journals forum.  So I woke up this morning and decided to bring her (fingers-crossed) outside and I decided to look at the progress of my topping 2 days ago.  To my suprise I saw 2 little pear-shaped (don't you agree?) preflowers in between the stipule and branch.  The hairs aren't grown in yet because it is still so new. They'll show in a week I would gather...

I thought it might be a little early to determine sex but this thing is already alternating nodes on the branches and its only 23 days old... Heh, I like it.  I'm making a bold move and saying this is a FEMALE... I only grew one plant out of 3 initial seeds, the other 2 didn't germ. I was praying for it but after seeing that preflower I am fairly positive its a girl... 
I mean usually if you get a male, the preflowers dont start in a single calyx shape at first right?  They tend to cluster or appear on a small stem of sorts? Is any of this correct or am I wrong???

I've grown 99% females in my growing career for some reason and all of my grows are from bagseed... Everytime i've seen a preflower this young, looking like this, it ended up a female...  I think this one is no different.  Thank you Karma!!! Lucked out on the single plant big time! :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #230037 - 05/21/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I really want to see that pic but my GD internet connection is shit.  I can't see much on the thumbnails.  That's crazy that you have a 99% female rate.  I've got a 71% (5 of 7) rate and I thought that was great!  I hope this one ends up over in the grow logs section as you mentioned. 

:burnone:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #230798 - 05/23/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I really want to see that pic but my GD internet connection is shit.  I can't see much on the thumbnails.  That's crazy that you have a 99% female rate.  I've got a 71% (5 of 7) rate and I thought that was great!  I hope this one ends up over in the grow logs section as you mentioned. 

I hope you got to see that pic, It was a good one...

Ya know... I don't know if i've been growing seeds that were the product of a hermie?  Last year I started 20 plants all from the same dank strain...and 3 from other strains.  I got 24 total females including a few late starters... One plant that I gave to my friend as a seedling turned hermie on him... So actually I've never had a male myself technically... 41/41 Females...I love it :lol: Let's just hope this thing really is a FEMALE!?!?!?! I've started 2 more seeds I've acquired in case it is a male.  Then I'll bust out the 175 watt MH!

I WANT THIS THREAD MOVED TO THE GROW JOURNALS FORUM!!!! THANKS

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (05/28/09 12:29 AM)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #230800 - 05/23/09 03:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

looks good. Keep the updates coming.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #230840 - 05/23/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

I hope you got to see that pic, It was a good one...

Ya know... I don't know if i've been growing seeds that were the product of a hermie?  Last year I started 20 plants all from the same dank strain... I got 24 total females including a few late starters...But those were different... One plant that I gave to my friend as a seedling turned hermie on him... So actually I've never had a male myself technically... 41/41 Females...I love it :lol:

I WANT THIS THREAD MOVED TO THE GROW JOURNALS FORUM!!!! THANKS

WOW, that's amazing!  I wonder how those 4 extra were generated.  You might be on to something there.  lol.  Pretty rad success rate though.  I also just moved my comp and it looks like a bitch to me.  I'm still a novice at growing though.  keep up the good work!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #230846 - 05/23/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I meant I had some other strains that also went female, but 19/20 from the same seedstock were female and the other went hermie on my friend...probably his fault.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#231972 - 05/26/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Day 26:

Alright well its been 5 days since you guys have seen her, and it's so tough for me not to take pictures every day and post them... I want to keep nearly a week between each pictorial update so you can at least notice some progress... :humpme:

So here's the update:

I purchased some baby Early Girl, and Celebrity tomato plants (4x each) Which I decided to grow this year because I like growing other things as well... I immediately transplanted them into 3 - 5 Gal. and 1 - 2.5 Gal. containers.  Obviously the larger root space will equal larger plants but it was what I had lying around...(2 not pictured) We'll see how they turn out :smirk:

As for the little lady, well she got a new transplant into a 4 gallon container a few days ago and its starting to love the ample space she so well deserves!

I put a shot of my ladies little spot in the garage where she spends 75% of her time.  I bumped it up to 53w 2 days ago so I can get some much needed light to the lower branches as they are really starting to take off since it was topped. I think its starting to show...

My fan leaves are so fat and big that they are really blocking my branches light... Does this keep them from growing to their potential?  Should I start tying her down? I've never tried that and have always wanted to... Will I notice positive results (Lower top but much more branching)?
I ask because stealth has started to be of concern as the size of my baby went from 10" to 14" since my last update... It's going to be a big one... I figure if it doesnt take on the standard christmas tree shape it won't be as noticable.. :/  I also plan on force flowering her in approx. 1 month/30 days since mine have problems finishing when it gets too cold up here. (30's F.)

Can you tell it grew? Look at how big those branches have gotten!!! :thumbup:???

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (05/26/09 12:31 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... (moved) [Re: Inverted]
    #233313 - 05/28/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Pictures.

Reason:
Got it this time!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #233316 - 05/28/09 12:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm trying to scrape up money to grab a new bulb for this ($25), 
Which I picked up today, so I can start using it to either double the watts I have on this plant (from 150 to 325!) or use it on the new plant i'm starting and grow that from seedling to harvest indoors, which would be my first indoor grow harvested EVER...

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #233993 - 05/29/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Is this all you've got planned for the summer, after your (15?) females last year, or what? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #234197 - 05/30/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Is this all you've got planned for the summer, after your (15?) females last year, or what? :grin:

Sorry to disappoint you guys... (24 last year)

Haha yeah actually it is... I just got another seedling out of the soil today.  But hey, I went back and checked my journal from last year and I didn't even start my seedlings til' June 9th - and they still got to be 6-7 feet tall... My current plant is about 45 days ahead of last year and is already shaping up to be one of the biggest/bushiest plants i've ever grown... I had a lot of plants last year but that just made a big hassle, and im not worried about selling any, I just want some personal stash so I can stop paying for weed. Not to mention the cops took a good 1/4LB from me last year... no charge...weird

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#234198 - 05/30/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Good to see you again Sirius! I'm hoping some of the same people are still around to see this one through. I kinda bailed on the world when I harvested last year... I don't think that's gonna happen this time.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#234799 - 05/31/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Day 32:

Okay so this is the second night of 12/12 for my plant.  The daily progress is quite impressive outta this one... I can give some credit to the sun though because for the last few days it's been 75-80 and Clear Skies all day.  I haven't needed to use the 150 Watts of Flouro's I had surrounding it because now that it's been sunny I've taken it out into the sun at 8:30 in the morning and put it away when the sun gets weak at 8:30 at night so it's a pretty perfect schedule... at least for now.  This is a comparison of how much it has grown in exactly 6 days (Kinda blurry-Sorry)... Filling in nicely!

BTW this plant seems to be about 80-90+% Indica--It should take 7-8 weeks to finish from right now right???

It has 12 Large branches which will be the 12 main colas.  I've never had a plant this short with soooo many branches! I must have topped it just right at the right time in growth. It isn't growing vertical at all that I can notice but it is filling in with vegetation so heavily I can't see through the plant at all.  I'm hoping it'll throw 40g or so at me :heart:  The branches are so thick and strong I really think this plant is going to yield some big dense nugs.  Since I'm flowering it now (for security reasons, no place to hide it this year) it will finish in the prime of summer when its still hot and sunny every day. My yield will be maximized because of this tek...

I also have a new seedling at 2 days and has its first true leaves coming in already...

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (05/31/09 10:21 PM)

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #234867 - 06/01/09 03:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

looks like it would be an exelent plant to veg out hella and then take a bunch of clones, and veg and flower them. heh.

looks good tho!

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... (moved) [Re: helmet]
    #236011 - 06/03/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It is growing ridiculously fast since I put it into flower (day 4?) it grew from 15 - 18 inches in a few days.  I noticed that all of the tops of the newly growing branches are a more pale green than the rest of the older growth. Is this because of putting it from 24 to 12 hours of light?, i've never flowered this way before and am sorta concerned it might be a nute deficiency... Any ideas?

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #236063 - 06/03/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

that's what i've always guessed is that it could use a little more phospherous. every time i flower my stuff changes to a lighter color because i try to go as light on the nutes as i can so when i harvest i don't have to worry about harshness from nutes.

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Starting out right this year...Kinda... (moved) [Re: helmet]
    #236653 - 06/05/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Day 37:

FUCK... Well i'm on day 6 flowering... And it's starting to look like I wasted nearly 40 days on nothing. I think i've grown my first MALE ever (8 Yrs.)... It's not a sure thing but all of the emerging preflowers look very close to the female calyx - but without any hairs.  They seem a little too young to tell but usually I thought the hair emerges almost immediately from it... I also thought that male preflowers come in a single little bunch of balls at the node? ANYONE? I'm starting to confuse myself. I just don't wanna pull a noob move and chop premature.  This has been the fastest growing and bushiest plant I've ever had the pleasure of cultivating. It would be sooo sad to see it go... I'll get pics when I can, it's getting ridiculously large since flowering began...

On a lighter note, I found 2 more seeds and they popped up yesterday, along with my 3rd seedling which is cooking w/ gas for only being 6 days old from first light.

--------------------

OfflineAudz

#236768 - 06/05/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have a pic you could throw up so the rest of us could take a gander at the pre-flowers? Kind of hard to tell from description alone.

But damn, that sexually ambiguous plant is looking amazing! Hope it turns out female!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder