Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTomH
African Kush
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LI NY
Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days
    #221948 - 05/01/09 03:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My spur of the moment outdoor grow is actually doing pretty well :knockonwood:, however I watered it yesterday and the forecast today calls for heavy rain.

I'm heading off to home depot before work this morning to pick up some CFL's and other supplies for my next indoor project, so i was thinking of moving it inside just for today (and maybe tomorrow or longer -- the forecast is looking pretty shitty, unfortunately).

Would this stress the plant out too much, ya think?
It's only been about a week and a half or so since it sprouted.

Yay or nay?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: TomH]
    #221954 - 05/01/09 05:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

just go out there and hold an umbrella over it :hi5:

InvisibleTomH
African Kush
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LI NY
Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: usg543]
    #221963 - 05/01/09 07:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i shudder to think what it'll do when i'm forced to go to work :sad: poor fella

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: TomH]
    #224308 - 05/08/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Umm instead of bringing her in everyday, i'd just grow it inside until its large enough to handle what nature can throw at her (+/- 6"). I've done this every year outdoor and had nothing but good results from using this method.  Unless of course you have days of 90%+ Sunlight. You can't beat the rays of the sun on a beautiful warm day! And I'm only using 30W CFL and having amazing growth. Just a thought...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: Inverted]
    #233485 - 05/28/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I live in upper WNY with 15 sprouts of unknown strain. They are week 2 sprouts. I am looking through my local grown OD seeds to find an easy strain for this area. 11 beans are already outside. If they can handle the temp shifts and survive, then I hope I can get a good strain breeding, or at least cloning. I love a good mystery!:tongue2:

I have kept 4 of the more faster/taller sprouts inside under 2 65w cfl's to bring them to veg. Male plants seem to fit this criteria more often than not, so they are quarantined. I'm hoping though, that they are just a good fem strain.:thumbup:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

Offlinepsychedellious
 User Gallery

Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: jwes420]
    #234150 - 05/30/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

in my expierience i believe its better to just leave them out unless its absolutly necessary to bring them in. its a plant, meant to grow outdoors under those exact conditions. when growing in the wild there isn't anyone to bring them inside or protect them from any kind of element. you should be fine.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: psychedellious]
    #234769 - 05/31/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psychedellious said:
in my expierience i believe its better to just leave them out unless its absolutly necessary to bring them in. its a plant, meant to grow outdoors under those exact conditions. when growing in the wild there isn't anyone to bring them inside or protect them from any kind of element. you should be fine.

Hah! Not to be a dick but look at your plant, then look at mine... I only put it out when there are CLEAR skies... So it gets good light half of the time and Amazing Sunshine the other half, you'll see much better results, not to mention it stays warm at night under the lights and pests/animals are less of a concern, and overall it'll just grow much faster with 24 hour light.

This is the first year I've really practiced this technique and have had the fastest most lush growth I've ever had.  I used to go all natural but then I found out there is a much better way to do this! :lol: :ganja:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinepsychedellious
 User Gallery

Re: Moving an outdoor infant indoors on shitty days [Re: Inverted]
    #235704 - 06/02/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The pics I took were when they were just transplanted. Ill take some new pics very soon. Its really a personal pref. I like to keep them close to nature. They can handle wind and rain. Sometimes its better not to rush things. Good luck all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order