Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineToonces
Stranger

New here. Auto flowering seeds.
    #222934 - 05/04/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi all. New here, a friend reccomended me. Anyways, I won some Blueberry Kush x NYCD seeds from dope-seeds recently and basially I'm wondering how one would go about growing them.

Just need a rough guide, nver grown before so all tips are useful.

Right now someone is saying give em 18/6 hours of light a day and don't change it at flowering stage because obviously they're auto flowering.

Was just wondering what kinds of lights I should use also and just any tips or pointers.

Cheers guys.

-Steven

Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: New here. Auto flowering seeds. [Re: Toonces]
    #222935 - 05/04/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the growery, I will let someone else take this one haha I have no clue about auto-flowering plants but all I know is that they will flower no matter what if you give them some light.....(you probably already know that)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #222939 - 05/04/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Blueberry Kush isn't autoflowering. Diesel isn't autoflowering. Why are those seeds autoflowering?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAKSE

Re: New here. Auto flowering seeds. [Re: Magash]
    #222943 - 05/04/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, those don't sound like any autoflowering strains I've heard of.  I say just get a HPS light if you can afford it, or settle for fluoros.  Use 24/0 (IMO) and 12/12 light cycles.  Get a fan for venhilation, and get some good soil; NOT Miracle Grow.  Let your water sit out overnight to kill cholorine.    Those are a few general tips.  Other than that, just start reading and researching!  This site, as well as erowid.org, and many others have lots of information.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: New here. Auto flowering seeds. [Re: AKSE]
    #222955 - 05/04/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol everyone is so against miracle grow haha im using it but o well

OfflineToonces
Stranger

#222959 - 05/04/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks a lot for the replys people. Yeah I never knew Blueberry kush or NYCD could be auto flowering either but its the kush x NYCD so I don't know if that makes any difference, like it's not one or the other it's both of em in the one seed.

I'm thinking on getting 2 of these http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/product/1643/pld-compact-26w-830-warm-white-g24q-3-4-pin/ and setting up 2 plants to start me off then I can see how they go from there and get the rest done.

Edit: So do I just get some normal plant pots, good soil, stick the seeds in them, then put the pots under the lights and water them once a day? Or how does that part go. Do I feed them anything? Nutrients/vitamins or anything like that?

Thanks again.

Edited by Toonces (05/04/09 07:13 PM)

OfflineAKSE

#222971 - 05/04/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Toonces said:
and setting up 2 plants to start me off then I can see how they go from there and get the rest done.

Your seeds most likely aren't feminized, so there is roughly a 50/50% chance you will get a male plant, which is no good.  Start maybe 4 or so.

Quote:

So do I just get some normal plant pots, good soil, stick the seeds in them, then put the pots under the lights and water them once a day? Or how does that part go.

You can start them in small pots.  Yes good soil.  The reason that Miracle Grow soil is not preferred is because they add their Miracle Grow fertilizer to pretty much everything they produce.  Most people like to accurately control the fertilizers their plant recieves.  They also produce soil with Moisture Control (with added fertilizer of course) which helps the soil stay moist/wet longer.  Alot of people end (mostly noobs) up overwatering their plants as they don't realize how wet the soil actually still is.  Black Gold and Foxfarm are good brands, however pretty much any soil without added fertilizers would be a good choice.  It's important to remember that good soils already have nutrients of their own.

Also you will not need to water every day.  Water when the soil has dried out 80% or so.  I'de guess about every 2 or 3 days, depends on your heat and humidity.

Quote:

Do I feed them anything? Nutrients/vitamins or anything like that?

Don't give any fertilizer until they are atleast 2 weeks old, as it is easy to burn a small seedling.  For the veg stage, you want a fertilizer high in nitrogen, i.e. 10-5-0 or something to that extent.  Nitrogen is important to the foliage in the veg stage, and Potassium is important for the root growth.  For flowering stage you want a fertilizer high in Phosphorous for flower development, and still some Potassium for the roots, i.e. 0-5-10.  Nitrogen is fairly unimportant for the flowering stage.:thumbup:

Also as far as your lights, if you can't afford a Sodium, get some shoplight fluoros with the 4ft tubes.  The advantage with CFL's like you are showing is that you can position them anywhere you want much easier than a long housing.  Also, you don't need to order CFL's off the internet.;)

Edited by AKSE (05/04/09 08:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder