Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCuban Strain

A/C "Tainted" Air Question
    #221086 - 04/29/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so I'm reading the book by Cervantes - Marijuana Horticulture, otherwise known as "The Bible."

Anyways, it says that "a/c units draw moisture from the air and lower the humidity. The moisture condenses into water that is collected in a container or expelled through a tube outdoors. The condensed water carries the fragrance of cannabis. Sniffer dogs can easily smell the fragrance of cannabis in the 'tainted' water."

So this leads me to believe that if I build a sealed grow room inside one of the bedrooms. Then carbon-filter the air before it is exhausted, I should have nothing to worry about as long as the exhaust is 4x's greater that the intake, correct?

Thanks for any and all input you can share with me. I still have a long way to go.

On a side note, If I build a 4x6x5 with 2 400w hps as the flowering room. Put that on top of a 4x6x3  with a few cfl's for the mother and clones. Do I need two carbon filters or could I get away with putting the intake on the bottom of the veg portion, which is on the bottom. Then pump that air up to the bottom of the flowering section and run it through an exhaust with a carbon filter on the top of the flowering section. Can I get away with that as long as I cut of the light in the ducting that transfers air from the veg section to the flower section?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A/C "Tainted" Air Question [Re: Cuban Strain]
    #221500 - 04/30/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If you have sniffer dogs outside your growroom you have bigger problems then tainted AC water. :getstoned:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCuban Strain

Re: A/C "Tainted" Air Question [Re: Magash]
    #221540 - 04/30/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You're absolutely right, I guess I'm just trying to be as careful as possible.

So would one work?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A/C "Tainted" Air Question [Re: Cuban Strain]
    #222266 - 05/02/09 01:39 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I think the idea would work.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder