Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
fan questions
    #166011 - 12/19/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok...i am planning on making a stealth grow box out of a full tower pc case. I will be using LED grow lights so that i dont have to worry about too much heat buildup.

I will also be using either a diy or store-bought carbon scrubber on the exaust. My questions are:

do i need a big fancy 200 dollar inline fan in order to get enough positive pressure in the case to push the proper air flow through the carbon scrubber, or will a few heavy duty computer fans do the trick?

how effective are the diy carbon scrubbers in comparison to the store-bought can style carbon scrubbers, and would increasing the distance of carbon filled tubing increase effectiveness of odor reduction?

also, has anyone tried the LED grow lights? If so how well do they work? Any comments or reviews are welcome :grin:

thanks in advance
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: fan questions [Re: Data]
    #166971 - 12/21/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried to grow in a pc case before, let me tell you this before you get started... Its not worth it.

You will be forced to take extreme measures in order to get any results at all. If you're still interested, I'll try to answer some of your questions.

A full size fan will most likely be overkill, I would get a heavy duty muffin fan (computer fan) to provide ventilation. With that said, muffin fans are very inefficent when it comes to static pressure made by the carbon scrubber.

I have a homemade scrubber on my cabinet and it works beautifully. I made one for my computer grow as well but I had to remove it shortly into flowering as the heat was getting out of hand. As you increase the length of the carbon scrubber, the air moves slower, resulting in the increased efficiency of the carbon.

I have never tried LED grow lights so I can't comment on their effectiveness but keep us updated and let us know.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinejohnnyblaze2316
mr.
Male
Re: fan questions [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #167367 - 12/22/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
I have never tried LED grow lights so I can't comment on their effectiveness but keep us updated and let us know.

--------------------
CALIFORNIA PROP 215 MEDICINAL CANNABIS PATIENT!!!

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: fan questions [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #167738 - 12/22/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

will do

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order