Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Too much direct sunlight?
    #219422 - 04/24/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I still didn't get a chance to get a memory card for my camera so no pics yet. Anyway, I'm wondering if my plants are getting too much direct sunlight. One of them is a beast. It's about 3 - 4 weeks old and a very bushy. It's going on it's 4th or 5th set of leaves and has all kinds of sprouts that just started around the stem. Plus, the stem is starting to get tuff and seems like it is peeling and getting thicker.

My only concern is it appears to be a little droopy. Not to much, but the leaves are definitley a little lazy. Is this because tey are still developing or are they getting to much sunlight. I'm guessing they are getting 12 hours of direct. Also, it is a windy mother fucker around here and has been for the last month. I'm going to let the plant grow for another 2 or 3 weeks and induce flowering. It is in a mixture of around 50/50 regular local soil and coir.

The other plants are in straight coir and are growing very slow. I think one of them has stem rott but I don't water them that much.... Don't know about them.

My main concern here is about the droopy plant because it appears to be a beast other than the droops.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again!

--------------------
Big Chief, Big Buds, Big Pipe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAKSE

Re: Too much direct sunlight? [Re: Big Chief]
    #219651 - 04/25/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think you have anything to worry about as far is direct sunlight goes...the more the better!  Take advantage that you live in an area with lots of sun.  And the fact that it is windy there is good, keeps the plants cooler from the sun, and will give them strength.  My only suggestions without pics for the droopy plant is possibly it needed to be watered, or it is in too small of a pot.  The leaves and branches will get heavier overtime.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Too much direct sunlight? [Re: AKSE]
    #219920 - 04/26/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like they need more water to me.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies