Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

scoping out a spot
    #213482 - 04/08/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

this is looking at the plot straight on

this is looking over the ridge line down to the lemon grove on the other side

this is an aerial view, potential plot boxed in, you can see the lemon grove to the south.

whatcha guys think about this for a guerilla run this year?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: scoping out a spot [Re: yellownotepad]
    #213489 - 04/08/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Is that a road that runs below it? Bit to close in my opinion... But you've seen the spot  :shrug:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: scoping out a spot [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #213498 - 04/08/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

its a private dirt road that has locked gates on more than one part, its just there for access to the lemon grove i believe, since it dead ends.  the areas that are brown on the aerial are tall grass now, i think they used to be fields of something and are unused now, i'm gonna check the date on the aerial photo so i can see how long they've been unused.

OfflineS4mm1ch
 User Gallery

#213504 - 04/08/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

damn bro looks like a good spot to me. Whats the foot traffic like, hardly any?? how big of a grow are you intending on doing? How long does it take to hike from where you park to where you're gonna stick the plants?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: scoping out a spot [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #213505 - 04/08/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if there's someone doing maint. on the lemon grove's irrigation like when i went yesterday, the gates are open and i can drive to the top of the grove, and its about 30 min walk from there.  if there's nobody at the grove, probably 3 hours walk.  there is no foot traffic since it's private land i think.

OfflineS4mm1ch
 User Gallery

#213507 - 04/08/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well good luck man. Its a shame i dont know about any spots like that. How'd you come across that spot, just randomly hiking or driving by or what? how do you plan to water if need be? Does your area tend to have a dry summer because from the looks of it those plants will be getting lots and lots of sunlight. :smile:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#213509 - 04/08/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

here's a view from up the canyon via google earth, gives you a better idea of whats going on there.  i would show you guys a wider view of whats around but i think it might be too identifiable you know?

i love google earth, i forgot how much better than just google maps it is.

anyhow, there's water down in the middle there, and worst case scenario i'd have to hike some out in bottles or tap into the irrigation system in the lemon grove to fill bottles and bring them up the hill to the patch.

i've never done outdoor but this seems like a pretty cool spot.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#213513 - 04/08/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

S4mm1ch said:
well good luck man. Its a shame i dont know about any spots like that. How'd you come across that spot, just randomly hiking or driving by or what? how do you plan to water if need be? Does your area tend to have a dry summer because from the looks of it those plants will be getting lots and lots of sunlight. :smile:

i spent a lot of time on google maps looking around my area, then hiking out and checking spots out.

and the satellite images are from 2006 which means that the empty fields have been empty for 3 years.  safe to say nobody is going up there?  the only thing that seems odd to me is they arent as overgrown as i would expect, is it possible someone would be clearing the brush up there despite it being unused?

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

#213535 - 04/08/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yes it's possible they clear the wild grasses and bale them for fodder.  you can usually tell if the land has been worked on by machines because they leave behind identifiable rows where the tools and/or wheels have gone. 

seems like an ok spot but one thing I'll say is, water weighs 8 pounds per gallon and if you have more than one plant- as you should in an outdoor grow in order to make up for any losses or deer-kill-- then you may end up hiking in a pretty large amount of water which will take lots of time and several trips.  5 gallons of water weighs 40pounds (25kg), are you comfortable hiking with that much weight??  Also consider that multiple trips with water will leave a trail.  'nuff said.

you could work the soil by hand and add a good bit of "soil-moist" crystals to it which will help retain water during hot dry times and release it slowly to the roots....  or build a pond for irrigation and catch some springtime rain water-- but that gets more and more noticeable

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#213566 - 04/08/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah be careful what you post

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: scoping out a spot [Re: usg543]
    #213663 - 04/08/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

As long as it isn't your land do it. I find that doing it right off the road often works best...Hunters don't hunt next to roads too often except for poachers so they can't turn it in anyway...So game wardens don't often look for hunters right off the roads they look on the roads or either they get off and walk on backsides of properties usually...Or so my friend who is about to graduate college to be a fucking game warden...I don't understand but whatever.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: scoping out a spot [Re: mhbound]
    #214717 - 04/11/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

that's some damn good advice :thumbup:

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: scoping out a spot [Re: travelleler]
    #215714 - 04/14/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My thoughts are helicopters, hunters, and hikers. If you can keep it from all that while still making sure they get plenty to drink, go for it.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds