Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Do I have enough light?
    #209525 - 03/27/09 07:47 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

I have 2 high efficiency CFL 100 watt bulbs above 2 plants. I'm going to keep them short and bushy. Is that enough for veg / flowering? Please advize.

The bulbs don't get very hot so I have them about 1' above the pot. I have a fan blowing in the closet on low just in case. Sorry for being such a noob, LOL.

--------------------
Big Chief, Big Buds, Big Pipe.

Edited by Big Chief (03/27/09 07:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: Big Chief]
    #209528 - 03/27/09 07:51 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Do you mean a 100W equivalent bulb, or do you mean actual 100W? If it can screw into the lamp on your nightstand, its not good for growing plants.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #209529 - 03/27/09 07:59 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Shit, I have the 23 actual watt swirly CFL bulbs. God damnit! If I keep them really close will that be OK for a couple weeks? I'm kind of broke right now.

--------------------

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: Big Chief]
    #209530 - 03/27/09 08:05 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

ywah those are really only good for cuttings and stuff. you can grow some personal but u really need several more, plus the light spectrum wonnt really allow them to grow short and bushy, u need a HPS lamp for that route.  those 23watt cfls only put out about 3200 lumens. but ya can grow a small crop with cfls, just wouldnt be very efficient to grow them very tall cause light dont go far with those suckers. the yeild will suck and so may the quality.

--------------------

OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: bobby]
    #209531 - 03/27/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

The thing is I'm only going to let these plants grow about 10" before I switch to 12/12. I really wanted to go with something that would stay cool so I can keep it low profile and in a closet in my house. Don't want to spend lots of money because this is just a personal grow from bagseed. I will look on the web for some HPS though. Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #209547 - 03/27/09 10:02 PM (15 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
Do you mean a 100W equivalent bulb, or do you mean actual 100W? If it can screw into the lamp on your nightstand, its not good for growing plants.

EG

I wouldn't necissarily say that.  CFL's are decent for vegging and they obviously fit the same sockets as incandescent.  IF you have atleast 2500 lumens or so per sq. ft of fluoro lighting you should fine.  Although if given the choice it certainly can't compare to HID, and even tube (shoplight) fluoros.  BTW, you can get fluoros awfully close to plants with proper venhilation/ fan draft.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Do I have enough light? [Re: AKSE]
    #209586 - 03/28/09 08:35 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

When I think CFL for vegging, I'd only do it one way:

Of course there are T5, T8, etc too.

I wouldn't even call the smaller ones decent for growing plants. The amount of time, work and money that goes into getting 10 of those damn things strung up...... You see where this is going. I have yet to see successful vegging up til flowering with small CFLs. It is was done, I'm sure the growth looked pathetic.

To the OP-

You will be doing good if they don't get spindly and fall over. They won't make it with 2 of those lights. Do some looking around. You gotta get it sorted out pretty quick.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom