Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Can I get a few tips from you guys?
    #208371 - 03/24/09 03:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I'm starting an outdoor grow. Not to worried about the neighbors, they are never home and pretty much just stay in their house when they are. Plus, I don't plan on letting my plants get very tall. I want to let them get about 1'1/2" feet tall before changing the light.

That is the problem. If I put them in the middle of my yard they probably get 12 - 14 hours (guessing) of light per day. If I put them on either side of the fence it is probably closer to 8. How should I go about growing these and getting them to bud?

--------------------
Big Chief, Big Buds, Big Pipe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can I get a few tips from you guys? [Re: Big Chief]
    #208376 - 03/24/09 03:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The hours of darkness are what matter, not the hours of light, which has nothing to do with direct light (ie: 12h vs 8h next to fence does not matter because night in your area is the same length.) In order to manipulate the photoperiod outdoors you must either cover the plant with something opaque or transplant the seedling later in the season.

That all said, you will be much better off growing away from your house where size isn't an issue. Be careful in your yard man, a buddy got all his plants pulled from his rural yard by rippers, what a waste.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Re: Can I get a few tips from you guys? [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #208454 - 03/24/09 07:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck it, I'm moving the few little pots inside and growing them under several 100w CFL's. The closet is big and I'm pretty sure heat will not be an issue. This is my first grow so I'm going to try and speed it along.

I'm going with constant light until the plants are about 1' tall, then I'm going to go with 12/12.

Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Can I get a few tips from you guys? [Re: Big Chief]
    #210661 - 03/31/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

throw one outside for fun :crazy2:

just keep it trained low below the fence line.

only do this if you truly feel it's plausible and you have no risks associated with it.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

Re: Can I get a few tips from you guys? [Re: Yrat]
    #210837 - 03/31/09 09:46 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Thanks, I already moved them all outside. I'm going to tie them down. I understand the basics of the tie down. Do you slowly work it down to avoid snapping the stem or what?

Also, I don't want to wait until OCT for harvest. Is there any way I can get hers to flower early? Thanks bro.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order