Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

Insanity
    #207394 - 03/21/09 05:28 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Hey guys I'm working on an opinion piece I've titled insanity (after the plea I'd have to make to the judge).

Id appreciate some criticism. Trying for brevity without skimping importance and want it to come off sharp and logical:

Insanity

I fear if I am ever caught I will have to plead insanity. I do not believe that I am insane; but if the laws and society contradict my beliefs than I suppose that is the only option I am left with. I cannot fathom why I am wrong, and have yet to hear a compelling argument; other than of course morality.

I don't recall it being the laws purpose to regulate morality, no matter how many criminal acts are immoral. Their immorality is not the reason for their illegality. Murder isn't illegal because society thinks it makes you a bad person. It is illegal because you have infringed on the freedom and rights of another person to live. This obvious distinction of legal purpose somehow became confused along the way because a harmless activity such as growing a plant is illegal.

By growing and smoking cannabis in my own home the government has deemed me a criminal. This legal stance is a fundamental violation of my human rights and freedoms. At what point did it become okay with everyone to be told what they can and can not do with their own body and what agriculture could be grown? When did it become the governments business what I can consume? But I digress, because there is an even more fundamental problem.

Even if it was okay for the government to regulate harmful substances, cannabis isn't one. Scientific studies with large controlled sample groups have been conducted and didn't found any signs of significant health issues. In fact, long term, heavy marijuana smokers were at no greater risk for lung cancer than people who do not smoke; leaving tobacco as a legal, harmful smoking alternative to cannabis. Furthermore cannabis has and is continuing to be found to have many medicinal uses. It has been found useful in a wide range of illnesses, such as a neuro-protective antioxidant (slows degenerative disease), an appetite stimulant, a sleep aid, reduction of schizophrenic symptoms and more are being discovered each day.

It is okay by science, helpful for medicine, generally accepted by society, the only real harm is coming from the legal arena. It is a fact that the greatest danger to someone smoking or growing pot is law enforcement and criminal penalties. This is unacceptable. The only reason this pretence is allowed to continue is because not enough people care about smokers rights and too many peoples jobs rely on cannabis' illegality.

Arguments against personal use are so flimsy they are barely bothered with anymore. The best legal standpoint against pot is that criminals are growing it for profit.

So.

What.

Let's be realistic here. We are concerned that people are making a profit off of a harmless plant whose value is artificially inflated because of a nonsensical law. They are only criminals by virtue of this arbitrary judgement that the public didn't have a say in. The laws were put in place to protect the lumber industry from hemp in the early 1900's. The were passed based on racial prejudice and have no real weight both legally and logically.

If the police are concerned about gangs selling pot than why not have a huge crackdown on fake designer goods (a very real and lucrative market for crime). Obviously the logic is flawed and the simplest solution would be to legalize and tax, but that isn't happening and I am left wondering why.

I wrote this because I was laying awake stuck on the irrationality of my situation and contemplating what I might say should I ever find myself in court. I could understand if I was to be fined if I had electrical faults or if I was selling to minors, but I am at a loss to what 'wrong' I have done. I doubt the judge could tell me and imagine how I could approach the situation without being found in contempt.

My logical conclusion was that I must be insane because according to the legal system, I have and continue to do wrong, it's just an abstract undefined wrong.

No wonder I plead insanity.

Edited by ezKiel (03/21/09 06:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: Insanity [Re: ezKiel]
    #207399 - 03/21/09 08:35 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

LMAO!!! GREAT fucking argument and im gonna vap one to that. Mind if i use it should i ever be arpehended?

--------------------

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#207431 - 03/21/09 12:26 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

got any ideas to clean it up or make it stronger?

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #207434 - 03/21/09 12:59 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

the schizophrenia thing with weed.
since when weed reduces schizophrenic symptoms?

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
Re: Insanity [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #207440 - 03/21/09 02:41 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

insane article :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Insanity [Re: Coaster]
    #207442 - 03/21/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
insane article :thumbup:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
    #207443 - 03/21/09 02:49 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

This is the best I could do with only a few minutes spent on going over it:
[Notes in brackets are mine.]

I fear if I am ever caught, I will have to plead insanity. I do not believe that I am insane, but if laws and society contradict my beliefs, then I suppose that is the only option left to me. I cannot fathom why I am wrong, and have yet to hear a compelling argument, other than that of morality.

I don't recall the law's purpose to regulate morality, no matter how many criminal acts are immoral. The immorality of said acts is not the reason for their illegality. Murder isn't illegal because society thinks it makes you a bad person. It is illegal because you have infringed on the freedom and rights of another person to live. This obvious distinction of legal purpose somehow became confused along the way because a harmless activity such as growing a plant is illegal.

By growing and smoking cannabis in my own home, the government has deemed me a criminal. This legal stance is a fundamental violation of my human rights and freedoms. At what point did it become okay with everyone to be told what they can and can not do with their own body, and what agriculture could be grown? When did it become the government's business what I can consume? But I digress, because there is an even more fundamental problem.

Even if it were okay for the government to regulate harmful substances, cannabis isn't one. Scientific studies with large controlled sample groups have been conducted. No indications of significant health issues were found. In fact, long-term heavy marijuana smokers were at no greater risk for lung cancer than people who do not smoke - leaving tobacco as a legal, harmful smoking alternative to cannabis. [Note: Alternative? I think not.]
Furthermore, cannabis has and continues to find many medicinal uses. It has been found useful in a wide range of illnesses, such as a neuro-protective antioxidant (slows degenerative disease), an appetite stimulant, a sleep aid, reduction of schizophrenic tendencies, along with others being discovered each day.

It is okay by science, helpful for medicine, and generally accepted by society. The only real harm is coming from the legal arena. It is a fact that the greatest danger to someone smoking or growing pot is law enforcement and criminal penalties. This is unacceptable. The only reason this pretense is allowed to continue is because not enough people care about smokers rights, and too many people's jobs rely on cannabis' illegality.

Arguments against personal use are so flimsy - we barely bother with them anymore. The best legal standpoint against pot is that criminals are growing it for profit.

So what.

Let's be realistic here. We are concerned that people are making a profit off a harmless plant, whose value is artificially inflated because of a nonsensical law. They are only criminals by virtue of this arbitrary judgement which the public didn't have a say in. The laws were put in place to protect the lumber industry from hemp in the early 1900's. The were passed based on racial prejudice and have no real weight either legally or logically.

If the police are concerned about gangs selling pot, then why not have a huge crackdown on fake designer goods (a very real and lucrative market for crime)? Obviously, the logic is flawed, and the simplest solution would be to legalize and tax - but that isn't happening, and I am left wondering why.

I wrote this because I was laying awake, stuck on the irrationality of my situation, and contemplating what I might say should I ever find myself in court. I could understand if I were to be fined, if I had electrical faults, or if I were selling to minors, but I am at a loss to what "wrong" I have done. I doubt the judge could tell me and imagine how I could approach the situation without being found in contempt. [Note: The judge would say that the wrong you have done was breaking the law, regardless of how ridiculous you feel the law may be.]

My logical conclusion is that I must be insane because, according to the legal system, I have, and continue, to do wrong, even though it's just an abstract undefined wrong.

No wonder I plead insanity.

--------------------
Bastard greedy for salvia, want me to cheat, take advantage of a friend shroomerite G!

Tangerines said: "Real men quit cold turkey - alone in their rooms with no drugs."

OK so ... where is everyone? This place is so dead lately!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Insanity [Re: andyistic]
    #207447 - 03/21/09 03:01 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

interesting

--------------------

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Insanity [Re: Stoneth]
    #207448 - 03/21/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Just what I said when I found handcuffs in her purse!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Insanity [Re: andyistic]
    #207450 - 03/21/09 03:06 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:
Just what I said when I found handcuffs in her purse!

Sounds like my kind of woman.:rofl:

--------------------

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#207451 - 03/21/09 03:07 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Justice_Fish said:

small amounts of cbd have been found to have a positive effect in schizophrenic symptoms I'll find the New Scientist article.

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#207454 - 03/21/09 03:14 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

" [Note: The judge would say that the wrong you have done was breaking the law, regardless of how ridiculous you feel the law may be.]"
I know this part is porblematic.

Any insight on legal avenues of challenging laws that restrict personal freedoms unduly.

I mean if I was growing and the stink bothered someone, or another imposition on another person I would be guilty. However when the police have to actively seek reason to arrest, as opposed to acting on a complaint than how is that in the publics best interest?

I'm just trying to understand where and how the law is able to so obviously over run personal freedom.

So I'm thinking of a defence from a personal grow/consumption charge.

I think I'd be inclined to talk to the judge saying I have no motivation to have a trail by media. And that I did nothing demonstratively wrong. And probably would try to figure out a legal angle to legitably enter a plea of insanity.

I mean either my logic is flawed and I'm wrong and insane or the law is.

Anyone with legal knowledge? FTR: I am not actually in trouble. I am just imagining the day when I have to face the music.

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#207455 - 03/21/09 03:17 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Justice_Fish said:

[url= http://blog.norml.org/2008/10/09/is-there-anything-cbd-cant-do-then-why-is-it-illegal/] http://blog.norml.org/2008/10/09/is-there-anything-cbd-cant-do-then-why-is-it-illegal/[/url]

see #4

I'll find more

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#207457 - 03/21/09 03:17 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Justice_Fish said:

http://blog.norml.org/2008/10/09/is-there-anything-cbd-cant-do-then-why-is-it-illegal/[/url]

see #4

I'll find more

OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
    #207473 - 03/21/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

im going to try and shrink wrap some legal ass info for you all

OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
Re: Insanity [Re: MasterHerbalist]
    #207485 - 03/21/09 06:09 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

I give up too many pages of legal schemgal.. i think i read over 100 pages of laws today and barely feel accomplished for what i wanted to find.

Basicaly it seems we are under the federal laws not our state laws both are based on the constitution so they derive the powers used on us by us from that.

I am not sure yet but we want to seperate us from the buisness that is the identity we are given by the federal corporation of america...

Inalienable rights, Due process of law >_< So many paths im very confused what will work and obviously im a bit beside myself to go and test it out.

So, basicly if you are in trouble with the federal laws such as illegal drugs weapons or actions as long as they do not interferre with others inalienable rights you have the power or Jurisdiction to free yourself from any persecution by state or federal law.

ah yea basicaly my ass its so twisted.

If you ask for definitions of their words they use typically the msot simple ones have alternate definitions to what we think they are for laws.

like anything they ask you for signature name reasons dates you ask why and what definition they are using and that could be the simplist key to evading almost any so called criminal accusations.

If you cannot state you are a person they cannot take away your inalienable rights of freedom liberty and property.

I am trying to learn it myself and will try to make it more sensable.    :mad2:

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

Re: Insanity [Re: MasterHerbalist]
    #207490 - 03/21/09 06:41 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Yeah I'm not really living in fear of prosecution.

I am living in confusion as to how we got this way. I'm young and don't have an innate understanding of the history that brought us to this fucked up present.

I had the same thing happen with legal stuff when I tried to research.

There is so much that could obviously be applied to personal freedom and yet it is discredited as if those rights and freedoms are a privilege the judicial system has a right to remove.

The whole thing makes me empathize with those 2nd amendment peoples.

InvisibleStormRider
Rider on the storm.
Male

Loc: Eastern US.
    #207569 - 03/22/09 01:06 AM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Approach the bench and offer the judge a hit from your blunt as you explain to him how unjust and immoral the laws of our society are. That may get you into the exact same place all of those words will. :grin:

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#207603 - 03/22/09 12:00 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU DO IT??

it worked for the nigras. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale