Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Centre
Male
What do you get out of...
    #206472 - 03/17/09 01:39 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

A plant, with 2 months of vegging, and unlimited space.
Please specify whether you are growing geurilla, outdoor in pot in your back yard (that is what I am doing, I think, personally, it is the best of both indoor and geurilla, the care you can give a plant indoor, and the perfect light spectrum and space you can give it outdoor. And since I get MORE than enough sunlight, my plants are going good. It is a little harder to keep pests away, but I've only had a little problem with snails, other than that, I'm fine, I just need a ph tester. I think me and my friend (who also grows.) will buy all the equipment we need together, to halve costs, as we are both pretty much broke.), or indoor. If Geurilla, specify how much you can care for your plant. If backyard, specify the amount of sunlight you get, if indoor, specify how much watt per square foot you grow, and how close together your plants are. Also specify what strain you are growing. If bagseed, would you say it is indica or sativa.

Personally, I do not have a scale, nor does my friend, plus this is my first grow. (Going really well, my plants are pretty healthy.) So I kind of want to be able to estimate how much I might be able to expect (very broad range though, I know I won't be able to pinpoint it within an ounce.)

My plants will have been vegging for 2 months in a week, and I wish they could veg for another month, but I doubt that it will, and if it does, my plants are going to get COLD in winter.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKine

Re: What do you get out of... [Re: The_Centre]
    #206499 - 03/17/09 02:46 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Dont go halves with him.  Each buy half the tools, full price.  If you split it all down the middle it will not end well.  Each buy your own and trade/share.

But as for how much you'll get... WAY to much to factor.  Anywhere from 1g-2oz i'd say...

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you get out of... [Re: Kine]
    #206635 - 03/18/09 09:34 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

for some reason you put 2oz at the top end of the scale?

why are you giving advice? better yet, why are you still posting on this forum?

-

I don't know what strain you're growing but a full sativa like a haze grown in norcal can yield 2kilos or 5lbs. (Or was it one kilo? fairly sure 2kilos) according to Sam the Skunkman who is a famous breeder. If you're growing a strain like William's Wonder if you are unlucky you will get 3kilos/7lbs. Planting in pots would limit your rootmass but I don't know how much that will effect yields. I'd say expect a few oz per plant outdoors.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: What do you get out of... [Re: captain.koons]
    #206645 - 03/18/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

What strain are you growing. That is the only way to sort it out. Even then environmental factors have to be considered. You should get a nice yield from each plant.

:lol: at koons.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineKine

#206708 - 03/18/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

-

I don't know what strain you're growing but a full sativa like a haze grown in norcal can yield 2kilos or 5lbs. (Or was it one kilo? fairly sure 2kilos) according to Sam the Skunkman who is a famous breeder. If you're growing a strain like William's Wonder if you are unlucky you will get 3kilos/7lbs. Planting in pots would limit your rootmass but I don't know how much that will effect yields. I'd say expect a few oz per plant outdoors.

I like to be realistic.  If he fucks everything up, he could end up with less then a gram.  Its so random how much you can get, its stupid to even say.  I love how you can just say "Yea, outdoor, this that strain, this type, you'll get 5lbs" cause you know your talking completely out of your ass.  Its dependent on SO many factors the Real numbers are non-existant.  What if he revegs? No nutes, just the prefect ammount of nutes? LST, Trimming... all sorts of shit...

So hate on me if you want... but your advice was no better then mine...

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #206770 - 03/18/09 04:49 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Kine said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

-

I like to be realistic.  If he fucks everything up, he could end up with less then a gram.  Its so random how much you can get, its stupid to even say.  I love how you can just say "Yea, outdoor, this that strain, this type, you'll get 5lbs" cause you know your talking completely out of your ass.  Its dependent on SO many factors the Real numbers are non-existant.  What if he revegs? No nutes, just the prefect ammount of nutes? LST, Trimming... all sorts of shit...

So hate on me if you want... but your advice was no better then mine...

Nutrients don't mean shit for outdoor plants, training doesn't matter much unless size is a issue for secuirty or if you need branch support so the plant doesn't self destruct.

Even a low yielding strain will produce tons outdoors if you give it enough root mass.

OP: Seeing as you've vegged for 8weeks transplant to a huge pot or put your plant into the ground where it's roots can grow and you will optimize your yields.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineKine

#206775 - 03/18/09 04:57 PM (15 years, 14 days ago)

how do nutes not matter?  I guarantee that if you try and grow a plant with zero nutrients it will die.  Sure, you dont have to... but it does help and shit.  And im not saying reasons why... im stating facts that effect yield...

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #206779 - 03/18/09 05:07 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

you don't need to feed plants during their growth, you can fortify the soil before hand and rainwater and the roots venturing past the area which you fortified with nutrients will help out too.

Outdoor plant yield = root mass.

ALSO williams wonder and haze were using two extremes of a pure sativa and a near pure indica I know my friends c99 outdoor grow(s) pulled around a lb+ average and I live in a place with a very short growing season fairly far north.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #206781 - 03/18/09 05:19 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

well if you're growing outdoors you can bet that there will be nutrients in the soil. unless you're a moron and try to grow in sand or something.

--------------------

OfflineKine

Re: What do you get out of... [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #206783 - 03/18/09 05:29 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

ok captain.kuntz; you win.  Nutrients have NOTHING to do with anything about growing, it never effects yield and as long as you can get massive ammounts of roots you get amazing buds of massive quantity.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #206784 - 03/18/09 05:30 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

you're dense go to www.dictionary.com and look up the word fortify

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineKine

#206795 - 03/18/09 06:15 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

... no, you obv dont see what im trying to point out.  I know what you mean... its the way your saying it. 

Quote:

Nutrients don't mean shit for outdoor plants

So would you like to try that again? cause why waste the time to fortify and shit if... and i'll quote again,
Quote:

Nutrients don't mean shit for outdoor plants

I would argue its worth it to use nutes.  But then again... what do i know  :shrug2:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #206797 - 03/18/09 06:27 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

I don't even know what to say. You seem to be fixated on either being dense and useless or you understand what I'm saying and you're just useless.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinebackintheriver
    #206824 - 03/18/09 08:22 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

alright so i dug a hole around 3' by3' and maybe 4' deep and i put in 2 40 pound bags of potting soil and then planted my 4" seedling. the dirt around it is mostly sand what kind of yield can i expect. (ohh and the plant appears indica dominant.)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you get out of... [Re: backintheriver]
    #206832 - 03/18/09 08:39 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

well different indicas yield different amounts.

If you're in a very sunny place you can pull off a pound per plant depending on how inclined the indica is to heavy yields.

That must have took you a long time to dig that's like a shallow grave :P

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

#206956 - 03/19/09 12:58 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

I was asking what YOU are getting, not what I am going to get.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #206958 - 03/19/09 01:00 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

I don't grow outdoor but indoor plants in 11L containers can easily yield 3oz.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

#206969 - 03/19/09 01:55 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

11L, I am guessing my pots are about 7 litre, but it looks like a strain with a high plant to root ratio.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies