Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: The_Centre]
    #205480 - 03/14/09 05:54 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Oh, what a day! The man hole we have to the sewers that is close to my plants got blocked and went over, I called the plumbers and they sayd that the municipality should take care of it, and that they will call them for me. They 1 minute later they called to say they will be there in 10 mins, with that, I had to move my plants back QUICKLY, and hide them in a few bushes. I ran so fast I transported 13 pots in 5 mins...

Now I just hope they will not find them, and that my plants aren't too stressed out because of this, some of them got bent pretty badly with the moving. I gave them an extra watering to perk them up. (The soil was dry enough for me to do that.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Edited by The_Centre (03/14/09 06:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #205492 - 03/14/09 08:38 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Close call. I've had one my self.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: KaptKid]
    #205504 - 03/14/09 10:00 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Yea, but 2 close calls in one day can be rough. But it just makes you laugh more about it afterwords. :grin:

Sadly one of my plants stems got hurt a little, but it should recover by tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't stunt growth too much, worst that can happen is it doesn't grow for a day or two and ends up having a wicked thick stem. Now I am just waiting for the guy working in the garden to leave then I will move them. I think he saw it anyway, under the bushes, obviously hided from someone, and it doesn't look like he cares. I will ask him some time around if he smokes weed. (He probably does, he mentioned he liked my Bob Marley music, and he does know I smoke.) And if he does, I'll give him an 1/2 oz or so after harvest.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Edited by The_Centre (03/14/09 10:11 AM)

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #205738 - 03/15/09 09:44 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

How'd it go? Any more close calls? Stay safe!

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #205988 - 03/16/09 06:50 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Everything went fine, the gardener probably saw it. (I found close to where I hid it, the chances that he didn't see it is slim, and because it was OBVIOUSLY hidden, I doubt that he wouldn't make the conclusion that it is weed. But, he won't bust me, cause then he will lose his job. :lol: )

Anyway, my plants got better instantly, infact, they are growing just as much as they used to, if not more. I just hope there wouldn't be any more close calls.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Edited by The_Centre (03/16/09 06:54 AM)

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

#206961 - 03/19/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

A very weird thing is happening, on my biggest plant, the things that looked like primordia ended up becoming leaves, LEAVES, wtf? I am getting 3-4 branches per node, WTF!?!?! I don't mind, as long as it doesn't end up like my friends bushy plant that never flowered and ended up dying since it is getting SHIT conditions right now, but his buds looks DELICIOUS, even though his plants are as unhealthy as fuck. Taking that into consideration, and taking the fact that I am growing the same strain, I can just say, I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!! Tasty jucy buds here I come.

One plant looks like a hermi, and I've got quite a few confirmed females right now. I will mve the hermi and pluck off all the male flowers that I can, that plant is going to become hash...

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
    #206970 - 03/19/09 02:04 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

dude

I would be taking no chances there

wish you luck and safety

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: mrspirit]
    #207215 - 03/20/09 09:57 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

UPDATE!

I didn't realize they grew this much in 8 days!

Eleven finger leaf...

To see the root-to plant ratio to make sure I don't put my plants in too small pots, I planted my slowest growing seedling in this tiny pot, and it still isn't root bound...

It's a lot of pics, but man, my plants have been GROWING, in 6 days it will be about 2 months old. I wouldn't mind it going into flowering right about then. I hope to get 2 ounces+ per plant, and I hope that they are mostly female and few hermies. (It is seeds from a hermaphrodite, so they are feminized, but can still go hermi.)

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Edited by The_Centre (03/20/09 10:10 AM)

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
    #207249 - 03/20/09 01:32 PM (15 years, 12 days ago)

What is your plan for the smell of them flowering?

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

#207581 - 03/22/09 04:35 AM (15 years, 10 days ago)

I live in South Africa, NOBODY knows how weed smells, looks, ect. Only cops and tokers know. As a test, I once visited my grandmother a while ago. (She raised me, and even knew that I smoked, and was FAR from ok with it.) And I showed her a bud, she even smelt at it and didn't know what it was, and after raising 3 pot smokers, and still not knowing how it looked and smelled, makes me sure that nobody around here knows. I just told my neighbour that I am cultivating a native endangered specie of mint. From a distance a cluster of weed plants looks like really big plants from the mint genus. I mean, there are 2000 mint species, most herbs used in cooking is from the mint genus, so the chances of him coming to the conclusion that it is weed is REALLY slim, the whites here are pretty racist, so they think weed is some drug that only poor black people smoke, and they will never think there nice neighbour is a pot smoker, not to mention a grower, just as long as I do not play Bob Marley too loud.
Smell is no issue here. Not to mention, funnily enough, this strain barely smells, and it doesn't smell like weed at all.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Edited by The_Centre (03/22/09 04:36 AM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #207596 - 03/22/09 09:54 AM (15 years, 10 days ago)

The sun is a wonderful thing.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
    #207622 - 03/22/09 01:32 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Ah, that's good to know! I was thinking you were doing that here in the states.. Some strains really do hardly smell, until you shake em up a bit.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

#208274 - 03/24/09 08:26 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Well, it actually does, smell, you can smell it 15 feet away if you had to isolate it somewhere, but when there are other plants surrounding it it blends with the smells, not to mention the nearest anybody will ever get to them is at least 10 meters away, meaning like 30 feet.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#208702 - 03/25/09 12:46 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

ahhh beautiful mang! truly jeallous that I have no room this year for some smokable love.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #211152 - 04/01/09 01:57 PM (15 years, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

legallyhomeless said:
ahhh beautiful mang! truly jeallous that I have no room this year for some smokable love.

Just go geurilla, you can get some good plants if you grow geurilla and just make sure that you can get to it fairly often to cull the males.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#211421 - 04/02/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

thats the problem. I use to live in the cuntry and now I live in a town.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #214679 - 04/11/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

^Why the fuck did you move?!?!
Can you try and build a place for indoors?

Anyway, my plants are flowering very well. I've got 2 confirmed hermi's, but I am plucking all the males and the bud looks good so far (I can even see trichs, even though it barely started fl;owering, and it is big for something that barely started flowering.). It's like 2 weeks into flowering. My PC crashed so I couldn't post pics (at a friends right now, still waiting for it.) or post.

My friend harvested 3 plants a week ago, and it looks like we are going to be harvesting a plant every 2 weeks for the next 2-3 months.
So, now we have some Jack Herrer, some of our home-bread cross (WW x unkown South Arican sativa, most probably swazi, possibly DBP or PPP, or the old geneticstheyused to use in the transkei, we made another cross, either with a Jack Herrer or White Widow male, and we crossed the same with the Jack Herrer, so possibly Jack Herrer x White Widow, I told him to label his pots, but NO...)

All we know is it turned ut great, unstable, but still great.
I am buyng Haze genetics (don't know what yet, either pure haze, silver haze, or arjans haze.) and I will cross that with the home bread strain, and back crossing it with the haze, then crossing the haze with the Jack Herrer and crossing that in. Then, I'll start the long journey of isolating different phenotypes. I feel there is potential, it will take a few years though.

Basically, my dream strain is, something with almost pure sativa genetics. (Using a pure sativa from south africa, Jack Herrer, Haze, and white wodow genetics, aking the haze dominant with back crossing, and making the Jack more dominant by crossing with Haze Jack Herrer. Then isolate.) An INCREDABLE psychedelic high (the south african strain is purely uplifting and energetic, a very functional high, the Haze goes without saying, Jack Herrer ALWAYS gives me CEV's, sometimes, when I smoke too much, even OEV's. White Widow is just STRONG, and I am hoping to isolate it's pure strenght and add a little relaxation to the high, just enough for it to just make you melt into the floor.), high potency, and tall sativa getting 8ft tall, without sacrificing bud size and density. (With a LONG season.)
I feel, the first thing I'll isolate, is tight, tall growth, and as you can see in my biggest plant (that ended up male, sadly, but at least I can further isolation with it by crossing it with my best female.) the genetics are there, a dense sativa is possible, esp with and extended 10 month season, where the fist 2 is spent creating a good 6 top colas, and the rest in getting those 8ft tall, I'd just have to inbreed for long enough to get it consistantly, but untill then, I'd just plant 100 seeds at a time and cull the weaklings...

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Edited by The_Centre (04/11/09 07:37 PM)

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

#215917 - 04/15/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if my jealousy had an odour then you could probably smell me all the way from Africa.  :lol:  that looks like an awesome patio garden... but it will be hard to run around and hide them once they are flowering fully so just keep it quiet and don't have too many "guests" until they are done doing what they do ya? :thumbup:  way cool!

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: First grow, log of my 15 friends developement. [Re: travelleler]
    #222275 - 05/02/09 05:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have sad sad news, because of reasons I would rather not comment on here I had to kill all my plants except 2. Not to metion my PC ended up being totally completely absolutely fucked. Both the Hard drive and the motherboard crashed, and since I have bought that PC not long before quite a few new processors came out, I need to buy another CPU too, luckely my friend has a graphics card for me since even that is busted, all the while I am smoking that which I could salvage from my plants for an intense flu I have been having. Not to mention my grower friend is for some reason angry at me and sayed he will never give me weed again and doesn't even want me smoking in his house, all the while while he is toking up bong after bong of his 2 pounds of weed. He wouldn't even sell me some. (WTF?) All that while I fucking helped raise that plant, I fucking trimmed half of the goddamn thing, and I didn't even get a goddamn bong. He is a stingy mother.
He sayed that it is because that almost every time I come to him I get so stoned that I just sit there like a zombie, then I told him it is because he keeps on packing me too big bowls, instead of letting me pack for myself, and then I have no idea how much weed is in me, and he acks another one before it even fully kickes in (not that know that I am still going to get higher without smoking.) and then I smoke the second bong, then when it hits me, I am pretty much incapasitated. Not my fault he always packs me bongs that are just too big. (A TINY little bit to much in a bowl of that stuff can make a BIG difference, dosing his weed is had if you are not used to it.)

On the plus side though, he sayed my weed is going to be shit, but even though the leaves aren't looking too good (probably because it is sucking up so much energy for flowering.), there is this one bud, on it's most mature calaxes, so much trichs that it is forming little clumps, like tiny hash balls on my bud, and if the entire bud becomes even remotely close to the idea of that, he will be surprized, but he is not getting any.:lol:

--------------------

Backyard Grow

InvisibleCookieMonster

#222294 - 05/02/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

damn that sucks you had to get rid of them, you had some healthy looking plants

that is a weird situation you have with your friend. I couldnt imagine having any friend that smoked weed and wouldnt let me smoke with him. you must be a big doucher or something.

and btw the past tense of say is said not sayed

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds