Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKine
To suck or to blow!
    #151414 - 11/25/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

First post on the Growery... woot.  Got tired of all the other BS grow sites...

Anyway, just got a 400W HPS Lumatek for my room.  Needless to say, it makes a 2x4 room nice and toasty!  I have a 265cfm blower and a Stanley blower.  As of now i have my 265 blower sucking air threw the carbon filter in the room, then kicking it outside.  Then I had the Stanley sucking the hot air from the outside over the light and then kicking it outside.  But it still kept to hot... so then i fliped it to blow air.  And im not seeing a difference.

My question is what do you guys prefer?  To suck air threw a carbon then kick it out the room, or pull air from the room and kick it threw a carbon... and do you suck or blow the air over your light?  Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: To suck or to blow! [Re: Kine]
    #151479 - 11/25/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My reflector is an air-cooled reflector so I pull it threw and out on a closed system. Then I have a blower going into the room onto the floor with a second blower that is just slighty more powerful sucking the air threw a carbon filter at the top of the room and kicking it out.

--------------------

OfflineKine

Re: To suck or to blow! [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #151544 - 11/25/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

have you ever had the air for your reflector push it rather then pull it? Just curious as to if you seen a diff.  Mines a hurricane glass DIY one...

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #151854 - 11/26/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

tube ---> blower ---> scrubber

Is how I have mine set up. I believe that pulling through a scrubber is more efficient (not positive here), but it allows for more of a chance of smell leaks.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineKine

Re: To suck or to blow! [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #151868 - 11/26/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh, good point!  My only thought is, do you have a DIY or Store bought scrubber?  How well is the heat able to be pushed out the scrubber.

Any other suggestions or information to consider?

My new thought is to maybe place the stanley INSIDE the room, pulling air from in the room threw the light then getting boosted by the hydrofarm blower out to the scrubber soon to be sat outside...  Thoughts?
(Blower in room ---> cool tube ---> blower outside the room ---> scrubber all one system...)

I dont like my room being a constant 85 with the light on...  One blower isnt enough... or i got leakage somewhere... 400watts over 8ft sq is quite a bit IMO... but still not enough :evil:

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #151916 - 11/26/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have a DIY scrubber and cooltube (bake-a-round version). Air flow through the scrubber seems to be sufficient in my small space.

Another thing to consider is separating the light cooling from the room cooling to make the stanley more effective. Connect the booster fan blowing outside air, through a duct, into the light with an exhaust duct on the other side of the cool tube venting outside the room; no need for carbon scrubbing because there is no chance for smell to get in. Then you could suck air through the scrubber and vent it out of the room all from inside the room.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates