Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejazzcatcf
midnight toker

aeroponic info?
    #150243 - 11/24/08 09:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone have any good info on growing with a aeroponic setup?nutes,system maintenance and so on.O by the way Ill probably be getting a general hydro 18 or 20 site setup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
Re: aeroponic info? [Re: jazzcatcf]
    #150260 - 11/24/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

dont even shit around , get yourself one of these bitches
[got one for my sister!]
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=110083&RN=73

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #150273 - 11/24/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Each system is gonna have their own way of doing things. GH will be able to supply you with everything you need for a killer grow and the site has all the directions for all their stuff.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedurban_poison
    #156361 - 12/05/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

they are very easy systems but back in the day they had lots to work out with the pumps and sprayers. the original ones with the round resivors and round tubes (aeroflo 40, years 99-01) had pump issues leaks and sprayer issues. the more modern(aeroflo 60, years 02-04) only had sprayer issues. this was when they first strated the 60's. i havent worked with their newer versions yet. although something i just remembered also with the 60's was warping of the tubes. quick solution was to get a extra horse(support) or 2 to prevent this. also another issue(with both) was the baskets which came with them were flimsy and the roots would break them apart. simple solution is buy the stronger baskets which most of the stores carry or can order. the new systems look good but the only thing i dont like about them is they have the square resivors. this means more surface area on the concrete floors which will make your water cold for basement growers in northern areas. the round ones would get really cold in the winter especially after your dark cycle so i can only imagine how cold they would get making that much contact with cold concrete. you could always add a heater but that just means more electricity. also make sure you get non glass ones. i had a glass one crack in my resivor, then when i stuck my hand in the water it bounced back. i was high as a kite and like what the fuck just happened then did it again. :hehehe:  well i figured it out pretty quickly needless to say. during winter i have had my res temps drop all the way down to 48F with a night atmosphere of 60 in the room. i guess if you have a purple temp sensitive plant and thats what your going for it could be useful. i like to keep my res at 69F-72F usually. what i would really like to see for these systems is a rapid rooter material that fits the net baskets that has a opening to insert rapid rooters right inside. other advise for this unit would be to build a wire grid that is about 8-10 inches above the tures to provide support as taller plants in this system tend to fall over very easily. also with the flimsy baskets the weight of the plant can pull the basket out causeing the plant to fall. i always start flowering almost immediately in these systems because the plants are so close together(really increases yield). 1 week veg is good with most plants. if you got a slow grower(in veg) low stretch(flowering) plant then id veg alittle longer. i really love these systems but these are some issues that may arise to the first time user. oh also when installing your tide/ water depth tubes for recirculation it helps to put vegtable oil around the rubber so they slip right through. i also run a hotwater mild bleach solution through the system bettween harvests, just make sure you rinse afterward and allow it to fully dry. one last thing never over tighten the filter above the pump it took 3 of us to get it off. get yourself a continous running ph, tds, temp meter also. i promise you will really love these systems as long as you know them well. :jah:

Offlinedurban_poison
Re: aeroponic info? [Re: Magash]
    #156362 - 12/05/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Each system is gonna have their own way of doing things. GH will be able to supply you with everything you need for a killer grow and the site has all the directions for all their stuff.

gh has there nute charts for these systems and gallon size filled and lowered for easy conversion. i believe they also have charts for their 3 part series and one other.  dont forget to constantly lower the tide as your roots get longer. start at where the rockwool meets the geolite then keep lowering as the roots get longer till eventually are lowered as low as they can go. your roots should always be bright white. if your using the 3 part series the micro can give them a little tan look but anything more is a sign of problems. the roots should all grow into a easy to remove blanket in the tube and slide out in one piece looking like finely wooven wool. dont be surprised if the find their way into the res either. if you have multiple horses to prevent warping of the tubes you can add clean(sterile) river rocks into the tubes giving the roots something to grap onto lowering the stress on your wire grid and preventing tipping if you dont make one.

Edited by durban_poison (12/05/08 11:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order