Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Picklez]
    #126091 - 09/27/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i wasn't quite fallowing you on what you were talking about with the protien bars and your school meal plan, they sell the protien bars at the school?

if you have any more questions about lifting or anything just ask picklez. i'll be checkin on this thread. I actually studied a little bit of personal training and am hoping to become a personal trainer some day so I have some knowlege alittle knowlege on lifting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #126097 - 09/27/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i swim a lot. it helps keep the tan nice and the figure fine. and i do life a little to keep toned. my mom says i'm buff :lol: not quite, but a lot closer than i used to be...

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126127 - 09/28/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
steriods are a little above my goals. I am currently about 135lbs an just under 6'0, so my goal is to get up to around 150-170 and hope I can do that with increase calorie/ protein intake and just hitting the iron

thank you for all your imput, you know what you are talking about :thumbup:

you could hit your goal in 2-3 months easily if you take it seriously. i gained 20 pounds in less than 3 months myself. i went from 140 to over 160, and it's all lean muscle. i'm 6 feet tall btw. right now i'm more worried about size and strength than weight, because 160lbs was my goal. now i'm just trying to make strength/size gains.

i've worked in a gym for years and i have nutritionist friends who have always told me what to eat so i guess i had a head start.

this is my workout schedule:
1- chest/tris
2- legs
3- back/bis
4- day off
5- shoulders
6- day off
7- start with day 1

sometimes it changes... every now and then i'll do:
1-chest/back
2-legs
3-shoulders/arms
4-day off
5-start over

tips: force yourself to eat, it will get to the point where it is normal and you just eat when you are hungry, but it will be more than you used to eat. but eat healthy. lots of chicken and veggies... stay away from processed crap. make sure to have balanced meals. eat all the time. try to eat a lot of protein.

if you want size, don't do cardio at first. everyone does it different, but most people bulk up and then cut. that is what i'm attempting...(except every weekend i do go on a 3+ hour bike ride...) i'm 'bulking' and i will cut down later. my body fat is around 10% at the moment when at one time it was as low as 7% (and over a year ago it was as high as 20% ahhh). don't spend too much on abs... you work them doing exercises like squats anyways. you can do them, but i would wait until you were cutting. you can't see a 6 pack until you are like 5% or under body fat anyways.

you said you didn't want to work on your legs... this is a BIG mistake. your leg muscles are some of the biggest in your body. if you work out your legs it will help you gain muscle elsewhere as well because it will raise your testosterone. don't worry about getting huge legs because its very hard to anyways. if you're worried just do higher reps/lighter weight for legs. but make sure you do work them out. definitely do squats, but make sure you have proper form. use a smith machine if you are worried. or have someone watch you to make sure you are doing it properly. start with light weight until you get the motions down.

another tip: get a workout buddy. they are good because they will help push you and can spot you. if not ask someone at the gym to spot you. spotters are key. they will help you get in that last rep.

ignore all the hype about pre and post workout supplements (a lot are actually bad for you). starting out all you need if anything is some whey protein. drink withing 30 minutes of working out and then eat a meal shortly after this. after awhile get on some creatine but do this in cycles as long term use has never been studied... a month or two on, a month off... right now i don't take anything, but i had been taking protein+glutamine post workout until recently. i'm weening myself off of it and just eating right.

you don't need as much protein as some people will tell you anyways... it's ridiculous how much some people think you need.

also, you are young, so you definitely don't need steroids (unless you want to do body building competitions). from working in a gym for years, i can tell you they are quite popular though. i won't take them myself.

last but most important: use proper form for everything! i see so many people on a daily basis not knowing what the fuck they are doing. i have tons of friends who did workouts wrong and have fucked up their shoulders... etc...

oh one more tip: get an ipod. listening to my ipod while working out i get almost into a workout trance. i forgot my ipod one day and i was miserable. if you can last 1 week working out every day with maybe a day or two off, it will get harder and harder to quit. days i don't work out i feel like shit/depressed. i enjoy working out and the endorphins it gives me. it's almost like a high in the gym.

oh yeah and don't smoke pot before you go workout, that doesn't work for me at least. i am considerably weaker.

remember though, a lot of working out is your muscles learning the motions. at first it will be hard, but when you train your muscles to do these motions it will get easier and easier.

make time out of your day. i always seem to get a better workout in the morning or early afternoon rather than at night as well.

read on ways to get your body anabolic, a lot of it is eating a lot of meals (every 2-3 hours) with protein which i said earlier. protein bars are expensive and a waste of money in my opinion. they taste like shit anyways. just get some whey protein if you want a supplement.

i know a lot more than i can think of right now i'm just barred out. hope it helps. just stick to it and start going everyday and until it becomes an addiction. don't allow yourself to smoke pot unless you worked out that day. :wink:

oh and make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: usg543]
    #126128 - 09/28/08 12:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

im about to go back to the little store now. I ate all 4 protein bars today. I hit the gym a little.

I did probably 6 sets of bench (2 sets with no weight, just max reps)
Lat pull downs
Curls
Incline Butterflies
Situps

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Voodoo]
    #126129 - 09/28/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Voodoo said:
having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting.

having bulky muscles does nothing except inflate your ego, which makes them the true pussy muscles.

:blah: i don't play sports, and pussy muscles??? please. i think you're just jealous because you can't lift as much weight as some people can.

and you are forgetting MANY sports. running and swimming sports aren't the only ones. check out football players. it depends on a personals goals and what they want. so stop spreading your biased bullshit.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126130 - 09/28/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
:thumbup:

im about to go back to the little store now. I ate all 4 protein bars today. I hit the gym a little.

I did probably 6 sets of bench (2 sets with no weight, just max reps)
Lat pull downs
Curls
Incline Butterflies
Situps

you forgot your triceps and shoulders :wink: i'll detail my workout soon.

chest/triceps day i do: flat bench, incline, decline, flys, dips, close grip bench, and trice pull downs. usually a few more just to kill my chest/triceps.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#126132 - 09/28/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

and a VERY big one, cut down on you drinking a lot!

yes it's college and have fun, but you will learn a long night of drinking will definitely effect your performance in the gym. drinking excessively lowers your testosterone as well. i hardly drink myself these days for this major reason. (plus i'm partied out anyways)

anyways good luck on your goals im sure if you keep to it you'll be making them in no time. you'll see results sooner than you expect i  promise. plus that pump you get at the gym is definitely rewarding.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126148 - 09/28/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

How effective do you think push-ups are? Like saying doing reps of 25 several times throughout the day. Beneficial at all?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126152 - 09/28/08 06:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

usg543 said:
Quote:

Voodoo said:
having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting.

having bulky muscles does nothing except inflate your ego, which makes them the true pussy muscles.

:blah: i don't play sports, and pussy muscles??? please. i think you're just jealous because you can't lift as much weight as some people can.

and you are forgetting MANY sports. running and swimming sports aren't the only ones. check out football players. it depends on a personals goals and what they want. so stop spreading your biased bullshit.

i am definately not jealous, that was my response to dungness dank saying that having good form and lifting properly will give you pussy muscles --- read below.

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I used to strength train for 3-4 years until I realized I was just fucking up my joints for temporary gains.

sounds like you had no idea what you were doing and overworking your muscles.

theres a proper way to work out and harmful ways to workout

Voodoo hit it on the head, form is one of the most important. but you also have to allow your muscles time to heal back after ripping them up

Yeah if you want little pussy muscles with no results, My muscles somewhat adapted to the training after a few months, not much soreness whatsoever the day after. If you want to be ripped its simply a trade off, body building was never known for its health benefits.

and besides that, with age your joints get fucked up anyway so while you're young it doesn't really matter.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126153 - 09/28/08 06:39 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
How effective do you think push-ups are? Like saying doing reps of 25 several times throughout the day. Beneficial at all?

push ups are definately effective. you can put plates of weight on your back and do them that way to make them more effective. I use pushup as part of a cardio/kalisthetic training i do.

also, go buy some lifting magazines. there are usually some really good articles in there that show alot of different exercises and will show you how to keep your form right. rip out all the good articles and keep them in a folder together and look at them frequently. form a scheduel that works every part of your body 3 times a week (including you legs).

Edited by Voodoo (09/28/08 06:44 AM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Voodoo]
    #126202 - 09/28/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i was on a lot of xanax last night, i don't remember typing half of that.

high reps, low weight = build stamina
low reps, high weight = build muscle mass (usually rest 2-3 minutes between each set)

so it depends on your goal. you said you wanted to weigh more, so i would go low reps, high weight. maybe starting off do high reps at first (3 sets of 10) to get the motions down (plus you don't want to put too much strain on your joints until they are used to it). once you get the motions down, it gets easy. a lot of it is training your muscles to do a certain exercise. once you feel confident in that, do something like a warm up set (10-12 reps), up the weight say 5-10 pounds and do 8 reps, up the weight more and do 6 reps, up the weight more and  do 4 reps. if you haven't died on this set, do another up the weight and do it until you die. if you do more than 1 or 2 on the last one you need to up the weight more on all the other sets. so do 4-5 sets and constantly add more weight as you go.

if you're trying to get big, either do bench press or do what he said and get someone to 'plate load' weights on your back. if you're just starting out and push ups are hard do period, do this. but don't do them throughout the day, do all your sets within a minute or so of each other.

but if you're thinking of doing pushups several times a day... i have a feeling you're trying to avoid the gym :wink:

don't worry about looking weak, yes there are gonna be some huge guys there, but everyone starts somewhere. once you pass that point, you will feel really good about yourself. when i started i was one of the weakest ones. now when i go, i see people weaker than me and it gives me much more confidence.

and make sure you have a workout routine where you work out EVERY major muscle group in the body. i see so many people come into the gym on a daily basis who just do squats and bench press and they are done. then they start complaining about their shoulders later on. you need to workout everything equally. if you only work your pecs, those muscles will start to pull your back and shoulder muscles forward. it's bad for your body and can lead to injuries and problems.

key exercises (in my opinion): squats, leg press, bench press, military press (also called shoulder press), wide grip pullups. those exercises will work all the major muscle groups. don't JUST do those, but they are key imo.

it might be hard to do a wide grip pullup unless you have a weight assisted machine at your gym, so you could do lat pulldowns instead. also i like to do lower back extensions on my back days but my workout partner who is huge never does it. says he gets it enough on other exercises.

they are many other exercises to work certain muscles, that you need to do in addition to those. but those will hit almost everything. for example bench press works chest and triceps.... but you need to do something like dips in addition to it and other tricep exercises. if you do chest/triceps on one day, do all your chest exercises first, then do your triceps exercises. you don't want to exhaust your triceps before you do chest, otherwise you will get a shitty chest workout in.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126220 - 09/28/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh Im not worried about looking weak, I think I have fair strength for my size.

I just mainly want to pack on some extra weight and would prefer it be muscle mass than fat

I will take your guys' suggestions though and we'll see how it goes

I spent about 1 1/2- 2 hours in the gym yesterday :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates