Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Picklez]
    #125820 - 09/26/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I used to strength train for 3-4 years until I realized I was just fucking up my joints for temporary gains.

sounds like you had no idea what you were doing and overworking your muscles.

theres a proper way to work out and harmful ways to workout

Voodoo hit it on the head, form is one of the most important. but you also have to allow your muscles time to heal back after ripping them up

Yeah if you want little pussy muscles with no results, My muscles somewhat adapted to the training after a few months, not much soreness whatsoever the day after. If you want to be ripped its simply a trade off, body building was never known for its health benefits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOmbient
ɥɐɹq ɹǝqos

#125824 - 09/27/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Damn I need to start lifting again I'm too skinny right now.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #125826 - 09/27/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

having giant muscles does nothing for performance in any sport besides weight lifting. even profesional weight lifters that are in the olympics and stuff don't look as big as some of those roid freaks out there.

look at Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps, Usain is the fastest man ever and Michael Phelps is the best swimmer ever, neither have huge bulky muscles and don't look like body builders.

The Gracies are some of the best fighters ever and none of them look like big bulky body builders, yet they could kick just about any body builders ass no problem.

having bulky muscles does nothing except inflate your ego, which makes them the true pussy muscles.

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: Voodoo]
    #125880 - 09/27/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

here is what my body looks like now from doing the training scheduel i posted.

one thing nice about doing a shit load of cardio is that i eat a ton of food and i stay slim. I eat huge pancakes for breakfast, big bowls of cerial, chinese food, pasta for lunch and dinner. I eat probably 4000-5000 calories a day.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #125882 - 09/27/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:dazedandconfused::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #125883 - 09/27/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

damn holmie ur ripped
i have some killer steroid sources PM me

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #125887 - 09/27/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
steriods are a little above my goals. I am currently about 135lbs an just under 6'0, so my goal is to get up to around 150-170 and hope I can do that with increase calorie/ protein intake and just hitting the iron

thank you for all your imput, you know what you are talking about :thumbup:

im thinking about doing the same thing. i dropped from 6'0 185 (15 months ago) to 6'1 145 right now. i would love to get back to 170-180ish

KP - let me know what you end up doing, and what works for you. i need to start this as well

and what do you plan to do for calorie/protein?
its so hard to get those things in your diet and eat a lot of you are broke lol

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #126060 - 09/27/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
steriods are a little above my goals. I am currently about 135lbs an just under 6'0, so my goal is to get up to around 150-170 and hope I can do that with increase calorie/ protein intake and just hitting the iron

thank you for all your imput, you know what you are talking about :thumbup:

im thinking about doing the same thing. i dropped from 6'0 185 (15 months ago) to 6'1 145 right now. i would love to get back to 170-180ish

KP - let me know what you end up doing, and what works for you. i need to start this as well

and what do you plan to do for calorie/protein?
its so hard to get those things in your diet and eat a lot of you are broke lol

Im going to start right now by going to the store and getting a weeks worth of protein bars. Maybe 2 weeks

Luckily I have M&G dollars (meal dollars) that I can spend on that shit.

Monday I hit the gym and I will let you know how it goes. I have been in there several times already this year. Just not on a specific routine

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: any weight lifters in here? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #126062 - 09/27/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I used to strength train for 3-4 years until I realized I was just fucking up my joints for temporary gains.

sounds like you had no idea what you were doing and overworking your muscles.

theres a proper way to work out and harmful ways to workout

Voodoo hit it on the head, form is one of the most important. but you also have to allow your muscles time to heal back after ripping them up

Yeah if you want little pussy muscles with no results, My muscles somewhat adapted to the training after a few months, not much soreness whatsoever the day after. If you want to be ripped its simply a trade off, body building was never known for its health benefits.

you would be surprised how repulsing body builders are to a lot of women.

Actually, I might somehow work that into my psych study :strokebeard:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126067 - 09/27/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It is going to be extremely hard for me to eat my own weight in protein

I went and picked out several flavors of the same brand. And I am hoping if I can eat 2 of these per day, coupled with 1 decent meal and some snacks. That I can both boost my protein level high enough and my calorie intake

The trying the Met-RX bars BIG 100, I am somewhat limited to what I can get since it must be bought at the campus store

They ranged from 28g-32g of protein and are over 300 calories each.

So it should be a good start

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#126072 - 09/27/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

are the weight gainer shakes at GNC worth it (they have a lot of protein, and like 900 calories)? or should i just stick with the bars?

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126073 - 09/27/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thats probably what I need to do, but that shit is expensive. You are talking 60$ a month just in weight gainer.

I might pick up creatine and take it once a week with my hardest work out (I plan on having light days with max reps ie 20 reps at pushups) and then hard days where I do sets like 8, 6, 6, and max out.

The bars can get expensive too for sure. I just can spend up to 1,000$ of the schools money from my meal plan so I might as well spend it on protein bars instead of chicken wings all the time :tongue:

Im going to put together my workout plan by sometime this weekend and share with you. I also want to get some more advice from Voodoo. I dont want something monster, but something to add a bit of muscle and put on a couple extra pounds

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#126074 - 09/27/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

word, thats the exact same thing im looking for. a little muscle, and some weight would be nice. let me know whats up.

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126082 - 09/27/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

kind of a side tracked question, but do you do pushups? how frequently? and how many do you generally do?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126083 - 09/27/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

Im going to put together my workout plan by sometime this weekend and share with you. I also want to get some more advice from Voodoo. I dont want something monster, but something to add a bit of muscle and put on a couple extra pounds

well, the biggest and most important thing is you need to start going to the gym atleast 3 times a week. i definately think you have lots of potential seeing as how you probably have very little fat on you at this point. for me, i started lifting seriously only about 4 months ago, and when i started my routine was much less than what it is now. I have technincly been lifting for 5 years since i started lifting when i was 16 (im 21 now), but it was off and on in my lifting and only not till recently have i been most serious about it in my lifetime.

also instead of trying to gain weight as you are i was trying to lose weight. about 4-5 months ago i weighed 200-210 lbs now i only weight 165-170 lbs. every pound lost was fat and I probably actually gained a little weight in muscle.

I started off doing simple cable work and worked my way up to where i am now. now most of my lifting is about free weights. before i could not do a single pull up now i can do 3 sets of 8 overhand should wide grip pull ups with short breaks with perfect form.

but as i was saying, you just basicly need to start getting into a routine and worry about nutrition and food after you have start getting seriously commited to going to the gym and lifting at least 3 times a week. once you have started working out & lifting for a month strait and haven't taken any weeks off and stuck to those 3 days THEN I would start looking into suplements.

the first month i started lifting i didn't even take protien shakes or anything religiously I would just eat whatever i wanted. now i try to consume a decent amount of protien on a regular basis but its still not all that important to me, the most important thing for me is just making myself get off my butt and getting in that gym and lifting weights for a half an hour to an hour 5-6 times a week now.

so my advice is don't completely ignore what youre eating, try to get some source of protien in your diet in every meal (if you eat meat eat some meat every meal and if your a vegetarian eat some dairy or beans every meal) but don't think too much about it. once you get your routine going on a constant level start looking into weight gainer creatine and all that stuff.

you most likely wont see results untill you've been lifting for 2 months or so. you will know when you are looking bigger cus family/friends/girlfriend whatever will start saying things to you about how your body is looking different and such.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126084 - 09/27/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

thanks man for all the helpful advice

Is there a certain amount of time you like to spend in the gym? or do you just do your stuff?

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126085 - 09/27/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

oh yea and one more thing picklez, you talk about protien bars but if you are trying to save cash invest in a nice shaker cup (you can buy at GNC) and a big ass container of whey protien powder. just add protien and water, shake and your set. much cheaper than bars.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126086 - 09/27/08 06:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You must have missed the small section about paying with my meal money at school. (college sun dollars)

OfflineVoodoo
Empty
Male User Gallery

#126087 - 09/27/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
thanks man for all the helpful advice

Is there a certain amount of time you like to spend in the gym? or do you just do your stuff?

its usually an hour to two hours at the gym. usually my weight lifting routine lasts a half hour to an hour and then i always to stationary bike hard for 30 minutes. I can usually do 2 different exercises,3 sets or 6-8 reps on all my body parts (example: bench press & pushups for chest, lat pull downs and upright row machine for back ect) in an hour. when doing my super 6 power lifting barbell routine it takes a half an hour and for circuit training it usually takes 20-30 minutes. i like to take short breaks, like about a minute breaks between sets (except for circuit training which is no breaks), so that i go through my workout quickly and my heart rate stays higher. than if i were to take long drawn out breaks which i feel are unnecessary.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #126088 - 09/27/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

FYI for anyone who may be interested I will be doing a month by month log of my body weight change w/pictures

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale