Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline2ndarycolorkid

Loc: PNW
contraceptives and weed
    #123868 - 09/18/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, I have a question concerning cannabis and its effect on a female prescribed with birth control. By contraceptive i mean the regular one pill a day type.

does anyone know whether its safe or not to smoke marijauna while taking birth control?

In the safety precautions it warns women who smoke, but they mean tobacco. I was wondering if there was a difference?

--------------------
be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. once you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. -lao tzu

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: contraceptives and weed [Re: 2ndarycolorkid]
    #123869 - 09/18/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i knew girls on the pill who got laid a lot and their eggo never became prego...

then again that might be just luck...

--------------------

OfflineLordOfChaos
AKA KADA
Male

Re: contraceptives and weed [Re: Tripp420]
    #123872 - 09/18/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

And the answer is…no, it doesn’t seem that smoking pot while on oral contraceptives (or the patch or the ring) has the same negative effects to your health as smoking cigarettes. The factors that cause these risks are the additives and stimulants found in cigarettes including nicotine, tar, and tobacco. While some additives are found in marijuana it does not invariably contain the same contaminants. It is important to note, though, that since pot is not a regulated substance no consistent standard can be found and there has been less research into this field than into the field of cigarette smoking. One last thing to remember: the effectiveness of the pill or any other hormonal contraceptive against pregnancy is not reduced through the use of either cigarettes or marijuana.

http://www.barnard.columbia.edu/wwoman/qanda/gynhealth/pot.html

--------------------
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

OfflineLordOfChaos
AKA KADA
Male

Re: contraceptives and weed [Re: LordOfChaos]
    #123873 - 09/18/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Here are some good reasons why she should smoke pot!

Hi Dr Kate. I have used marijuana cigarettes for my premenstrual rages and grumpiness for the last 15 years. Works like a charm. My family is glad. What else would you like to know?

A husband writes:

My wife has used marijuana to control nausea and lessen cramps. It seems to work very well, even in low doses.

A Canadian lady writes:

About your medical marijuana and menstrual discomforts, etc. I have used it for many years for pre-menstrual cramps and bitchyness� PMS! It helps me to mellow out and also to tolerate the intense lower pains that I get once a month for about 3 days.

From a man in the US:

My live-in girlfriend suffered from severe cramps and depression for 2 to 3 days a month during her period. She did not smoke pot until I suggested it might help out with this, since watching her suffer was agonizing for me too.

The results were even better than expected, and she continues to smoke pot for this condition. She did do some rare occasional recreational smoking, but every cycle the pot would make her life considerably easier.

She has since moved to a state where anti-pot laws are severe, so she often does without for this reason.

And finally, from a teenager:

Dear Dr Kate, I have been smoking up since I was 14. Now I'm 17. My mom found out and so I had to stop, but when it's that time of the month, I sneak over to my friend's house if she has some, because it really helps the cramps and headache.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1376.html

--------------------
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you

Offline2ndarycolorkid

Loc: PNW
Re: contraceptives and weed [Re: LordOfChaos]
    #124207 - 09/20/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

sounds good, thanks!

--------------------
be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. once you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. -lao tzu

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom