Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTyrannical Rex
Activist

Loc: NE Midwest
Old School Names
    #121629 - 09/13/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there,I was just wondering if anyone has heard of these names and if they are available to get from a seed bank.Thanks!:grin:

Blue Hawaiian(bright blue weed saw it once in the 70's)
African Black
Puna Buds (Hawaiian)
Acapulco Gold
Panama Red
Columbian Redbud
Columbian Gold

--------------------
Hello there people.I am just here to find some good information on the wonderful ways to grow/harvest/cure/cook cannabis.I am in the shroomery under the same name.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Old School Names [Re: Tyrannical Rex]
    #121817 - 09/14/08 12:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

From THseeds
Puna Budder™  .     
. Looking for something exotic? Superior Hawaiian genetics dominate this plant's appearance, smell, and taste. Stable Afghan lines smooth out the flowering times to a respectable 55-60 days, making this an ideal all-around plant.   
  Type : Indica / Sativa
Height : 120-150 cm
Yield : 300-350 p.s.m.
Flowering Time : 55 - 60 days

Couldn't find African Black so I got something just as exotic for ya
From Afropip seeds
Tribal Vision

Tribal Vision is a multihybrid based on the extremely psychoactive Malberry line. Sweetened with the candied Sweet Tooth 3, Grapefruit line & combined with a Congo Nepalese. An Exotic Blend of Swirling Highs. A Fast flowering Beauty with Delicious fruity sweet smooth Malberry Congolese taste. Buds can exhibit lovely mauve hues. Finishes within 75 days of 12/12 indoors. Outdoors in N' Hemisphere it finishes around the end of October. Fast & easy to grow with very good mold resistance 10 seeds

Couldn't find Acapulco Gold but found this

From Sensi Seeds
Sensi Mexican sativa

The Mexican Sativa® is a hybrid containing a Mexican Oahakan, a Pakistani hashplant and Durban®. A great mix of international flavors from the fusion cuisine of The Cannabis Castle.

Finishing: September - October.

Height: 200-300 cm.

Yield: up to 250 gr.

The others are mainly used by seeds banks as breeding stock. The Columbian's the Panama Red would be a nightmare to grow if you don't live on the equator

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Old School Names [Re: Magash]
    #121877 - 09/14/08 05:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

World of Seeds has a strain they refer to as Colombian Gold.... I've seen Wallyduck having a Panama Red x C'99 that I would imagine would be very interesting. For the most part though, I think all of those old strains were kind of lost once indoor gardening took off and the indicas took over. Damn shame!

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Old School Names [Re: Sirius]
    #122415 - 09/15/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You know something funny. I use to love all the strains that went around when I was in school. Real Thai, Afghani, Skunk #1, Columbian, Jamaican, and so on. Well I managed to get a hold of some of the old school genetics. Grew them out and fully nailed it. The stuff had all small and the look I remembered.
Now comes the problem. When I smoked the stuff it just seemed so plain. After smoking all this GDP, Purple Kush, Sour Diesel, Grape Ape and so on. The old school strains seem just that, Old School

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #122505 - 09/15/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You always hear all the older hippies on places like ICMag talking about how the strains today never have that four to six-hour, psychedelic high, like you took mushrooms, great pure sativa pot that doesn't have a ceiling.... Did you ever have anything like that? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Old School Names [Re: Sirius]
    #122531 - 09/15/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

He he....I've heard that many times about strains now and then. The funny thing is in 20 years we are gonna be going "Remember that granddaddy stuff. That was the shit.) The only thing our kids are gonna be smoking some nuclear stuff and laugh at us like we do the old hippie smokers.

There is a whole lot of breeding being done with way more knowledge about the plant. Way better methods of growing the plant. Yadda yadda yadda it isn't like they have been doing all this work to make the plant less potent. The smoke nowadays blows doors on the old school stuff.

The last thing strains like Skunk #1, Afghani, Big Bud, Northern lights, and AK are all killer old strains. When strains really as killer as everybody says they don't go anywhere they stay around. People say shit like "I remember this or that" and don't even really know what strain they smoked.

--------------------

OfflineZifnab69
 User Gallery
    #122574 - 09/15/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i had papaya bud once, it was amazing. Still have yet to see it again. im still looking though;)

--------------------

Twiztid is the shit and I'm Down With The Clown

Offlinepsychonaut18
Sunshine State Stankkk
Male
Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: Old School Names [Re: Zifnab69]
    #122586 - 09/15/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

highgrade-seeds has excellent throwback strains, all crossed but for good reason..Its more of a novelty thing, I stick to their monster strains, yields are absolutely insane and a smoke you wont find in any dispensery. I only give my friends about half of what my girls are doin in the garden. I cant even tell you how many people white out smoking my buds, some amsterdam shit if you do minimal nurturing. Just give em what they need dont go crazy..and rock a 1k watt hort...you will not be disappointed..

Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold..all crossed with the banks own white widow which is the best widow I've grown...the retro seeds were stored from the 70's so they had to be crossed to keep the breeding. PM me if you need specifics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies