Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Do you think this could be turned into a decent grow box?
    #105545 - 08/07/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I was looking through the Grow Log forums to get some ideas and I came across >this< thread. I liked the small grow cabinet and decided to look for something similar.

I was at Target the other day and found this:

The cabinet is a little more than two feet tall, a foot wide, and a foot deep. It is also a good deal at $29.99.

I would install a CFL into the top of the cabinet and a computer fan into the back to pull air out and through a carbon filter or charcoal. I also would add some sort of locking mechanism to the door. I would just be growing a single plant at a time and try to keep it small. Just enough for personal use.

What do you think? :bongload:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think this could be turned into a decent grow box? [Re: CaptTrip]
    #105568 - 08/07/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm wondering if the box may be too short. Looking through seed banks and seeing how tall some of the plants grow, I don't think two feet will be tall enough.  :confused:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #105569 - 08/07/08 02:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CaptTrip said:
I would just be growing a single plant at a time and try to keep it small. Just enough for personal use.

What do you think? :bongload:

I think growing a single plant at a time isn't going to be "just enough" for personal usage, especially considering it would have to last you months before you had another single plant harvested. :wink:

Two feet certainly isn't very tall, especially considering pot size. It could certainly be done though, search Google for "marijuana micro grow", or browse around ICMag's Micro Grow forum to start learning more about what you'll need to know for growing in small places.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #105573 - 08/07/08 02:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CaptTrip said:
I'm wondering if the box may be too short. Looking through seed banks and seeing how tall some of the plants grow, I don't think two feet will be tall enough.  :confused:

Well, the height they refer to is how tall the plants will naturally grow, whereas, if you are growing in restricted space like that, then you'd be employing different training techniques to bring the plant to fill out the space you have and not grow too tall. Another thing to consider is how long they will remain in the vegetative state. Plants typically stretch two to three times the size they were when they were put under 12/12 lighting to induce flowering, so if you don't allow the plant to stay in vegetative state for too long, you'll have a smaller height (for example, just growing 12/12 from seed).

--------------------

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think this could be turned into a decent grow box? [Re: Sirius]
    #105585 - 08/07/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Quote:

CaptTrip said:

Well, the height they refer to is how tall the plants will naturally grow, whereas, if you are growing in restricted space like that, then you'd be employing different training techniques to bring the plant to fill out the space you have and not grow too tall. Another thing to consider is how long they will remain in the vegetative state. Plants typically stretch two to three times the size they were when they were put under 12/12 lighting to induce flowering, so if you don't allow the plant to stay in vegetative state for too long, you'll have a smaller height (for example, just growing 12/12 from seed).

I don't really understand that. If a plant were growing naturally in the wild, it would be growing on a 12/12 (give or take depending where it is located) light cycle, and that is just considering light. It may not be getting the same nutrients or watering that someone growing and nurturing it would give it.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #105753 - 08/07/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The only plants that are more or less growing on a light cycle very close to 12/12 constantly are pure sativa, equatorial land-races, near the Equator, of course, and these plants naturally have very long flowering times as a result (sometimes it can be very hard to get them to finish, in fact). Otherwise, there is always going to be more than twelve hours of light through the spring and summer, and the plant won't begin flowering until the days become shorter.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck