Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCataldo
Stranger
Need some advice for a growbox! (and current grow)
    #488151 - 10/15/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm very new at growing and have some little plants popping up!

I have it under a daylight light bulb (flouresent) for 18-24 hours a day. It's been 24 days since they sprouted out of the ground. They are about 4-5 inches tall. I've been giving it a nice mist with a spray bottle every 3-5 hours. I've been giving them nutrients too!! (6% Nitrogen and others) PICTURES BELOW!! Please give me any advice or criticism.

My question is..
What light bulb can I use? (Without sucking cash out of my pocket for electricity)
Where could I get a reflective material to line my grow box? (I was told not to use foil because of "Hot spots"?)
Should I get a small rotating fan?
Should I get a humidifier?
Good dimensions for a 2-3 plant grow box?
I have 120$ at the moment.

Also, Does anyone have any seeds I could buy or trade for? :pm: me!

GREAT THANKS GUYS!!
-Cataldo

Edited by Cataldo (10/15/10 06:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Need some advice for a growbox! (and current grow) [Re: Cataldo]
    #488162 - 10/15/10 09:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What light bulb can I use? (Without sucking cash out of my pocket for electricity)
Where could I get a reflective material to line my grow box? (I was told not to use foil because of "Hot spots"?)
Should I get a small rotating fan?
Should I get a humidifier?
Good dimensions for a 2-3 plant grow box?
I have 120$ at the moment.

you can order a small grow lamp if you want...you see how your plants are kind of tall/lanky its probably from the light. home depot sell HPS lamps for outdoor security lights that I have grown cannabis with in a GHETTO GROW BOX. They are not hard to wire juts be sure to post a picture on here and I can tell you exactly how to wire it no problems.

you need a fan it helps move the co2 from around the leaves and replaces it with good juice...and it will also cause the plants to flutter in the wind and that helps strengthen your stems

you do not need a humidifier a cup of water in your grow area will be fine. obviously the larger the grow area the bigger the bucket/cup of water

24 inches wide X 24 inches deep X 36 inches high is what I have used on my current box and I'll be running a 150 watt HPS in it...well building it for someone else and it will hold 4 nice sized plants when all said and done

anyway, they look healthy other than that.

as far as the light goes go get yourself either what I said above for 35 dollars and have a nice HPS lamp with a couple of CFL's or you can go all CFL's but it makes me sick to see people grow with CFL's its such a waste especially when HID lighting has become so cheap

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals