Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunreliable_reality
Stranger
Help with current grow. Need advice urgently.
    #758132 - 11/20/14 12:10 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys. Started 6 Northern Lights in DWC. Feminized seed, so all girls. 5 were placed outside as I only have room to flower one plant at a time.

Decided to grow the other 5 outside. It's currently going into summer here. However, for some reason, the five plants decided to flower. My question is, can or should I cut the flowers and simply allow them to return to vegetative growth or leave the flowers as they are and proceed as normal?

Half the plants outside are in Coco. The other half in soil. Never used coco before so I'm experimenting. Nutrients being used is 2 part Dutch Passion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help with current grow. Need advice urgently. [Re: unreliable_reality]
    #758422 - 11/22/14 09:45 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Let em go

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help with current grow. Need advice urgently. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #759480 - 11/27/14 02:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Never mess with a flowering plant! Flowering plants have momentum that you don't want to disrupt.  Don't transplant or top/train at least a week before you start the flower cycle either. The only thing I do to my plants in flower is trim the lower weaker branches.

If you want those plants back once they're done you need to leave a little bit of bud/leaf on them and throw them under 18 hours of light a day to re-veg them. You could do it at any time to reveg it but you probably want to see the bud off it first to see if its worth keeping.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help with current grow. Need advice urgently. [Re: phychotron]
    #761523 - 12/13/14 08:38 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You can take clones 2 weeks into flowering in an indica dom or hybrid. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks in a sativa.

The reason you can't take clones late in flower is there's a lack of auxins in the plant tissues so the cuttings won't root. The difference in time in flowering you can take the clones is mostly dependent on how quickly the plant shifts to flowering which usually directly correlates to flowering time. YMMV.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help with current grow. Need advice urgently. [Re: captain.koons]
    #763106 - 12/24/14 11:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I've personally taken cutting from plants well into flower.  It is possible, just not the best way to go about.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Help with current grow. Need advice urgently. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #764226 - 01/03/15 03:42 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

How many hours of light did they start flowering in? including low light. I'm wondering if maybe you got auto flowering strains and werent supposed to

I think he was just saying that the plants had enough bud to cut and smoke and not that he wanted to take cuttings. not sure. For some reason my cuttings taken in early flowering have rooted better than stuff that never went into flowering. They go a little crazy with nodes though and seem to branch out everywhere possible, which may not be too bad a thing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds