Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Hydroponic Systems
    #4822 - 04/21/08 10:15 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I'm a total newb to marijuana cultivation and for this first grow I really want to keep things simple.

As for as grow setups go on the internet, this seems to be the best one I've run across.

Yay or nay?

EZ FLOW ULTRA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRelapse

Re: Hydroponic Systems [Re: appleorange]
    #4838 - 04/21/08 10:35 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

I haven't grown before either, but the reading I've done, I'm pretty sure you can make something much cheaper yourself instead of ordering a 'kit' so to speak. I'm going to wait around until more people post their grows and try to learn from some of them.

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

#4840 - 04/21/08 10:35 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

its ok but its only for one plant.
look up ebb and flow tables.

Offlineganjahero
Ganja Hero
Male

Loc: Here and There
Re: Hydroponic Systems [Re: erb]
    #4940 - 04/21/08 11:53 AM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Dont pay that much for something like that. Make your own, its really simple.

--------------------
"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years.
And I still think of it as a basic staple in life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits -
and millions of Americans agree with me." - HST

InvisibleAuroraBorealis

Re: Hydroponic Systems *DELETED* [Re: ganjahero]
    #5179 - 04/21/08 01:59 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by AuroraBorealis

Reason for deletion: Deleting all of this users posts.

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

Re: Hydroponic Systems [Re: AuroraBorealis]
    #5291 - 04/21/08 02:46 PM (16 years, 9 days ago)

Offlineroyer9864

Re: Hydroponic Systems (moved) [Re: appleorange]
    #8168 - 04/22/08 07:33 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
better forum

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Hydroponic Systems (moved) [Re: royer9864]
    #8209 - 04/22/08 08:30 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

i agree. more teks on basic set ups (a soil set up, DWC, ebb and flow, aero, etc etc) should all be posted step by step. that would be so awesome

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleCaptainKirk
Sailing the Seas of Cheese

#8392 - 04/22/08 11:57 AM (16 years, 8 days ago)

since your new to all this ..i would probably just go soil..but if you have to go hydro then i would go with a bubble bucket type system...

very easy to make your self...basically its a bucket with a airstone in it ,powered by a fish pump....theres a hole in said bucjket lid..which is where you put the plant in ..the sell containers for the plants at hydro stores or you could just make your own..

i will start getting some teks up for you guys... i have a friend that swears by water garden units..which are cheap and easy to set up as well

Offlineroyer9864

#8405 - 04/22/08 12:05 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

also don't forget that hydro is not as easy as you would seem there is testers for Ph,ppm,tds and you are going to have to buy nutrients, you will need to keep the temp/Ph at a certain range and it can get pretty hard at first.

i might take kirk's advise and just go soil for now but if you do go hydro please read for hours and hours before you jump in head first.

also growing in soil for your first grow will give you skills you will need for the future and will help you when you do decide to grow hydro.

good luck

OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
    #9277 - 04/22/08 08:15 PM (16 years, 8 days ago)

As far as hydroponic goes this is the best way I have ever seen to grow hydroponically. Its pretty easy and fool proof too. This is considered 'Deep Water Culture' hydroponics.

Basically it is this system-------->

Its a system where you keep your buckets level with your reseviour and gravity feeds. You put an air stone in your reseviour so the roots get air. All the buckets are connected via 3/4" tubing.

You can make it out of 5 gallon buckets and these nets which increases your size up to 5 gallons for more root space which equals more nutrient uptake, Make sure your buckets are light proof so no algae grows in there.

nets:

You fill them with hydroton (clay balls) and plant your starts in there. Make sure to wash your hydroton off first its got some clay dust on it. You veg for a week or two and they will double in size during flowering.

You have an air pump and timer that makes it drip in a halo around the plant base every 30 minutes for 2 minutes.

I've seen these buckets at a medical users garden rock out like no other. Like getting 5lbs from low producing indicas under 3600 watts with buckets in 4 rows of 5.

Basically as long as you keep your pH at 6 (get a digital pH meter on eBay for 25 bucks or so) and you keep your PPM (parts per million) below 1200 until the end of flowering then you can go up to 1400 or so you will be fine. Get a ppm meter they are 130 bucks or so but are golden. The nutrients you use give of electoconductivity from the salts and is how you tell the concentration using the ppm reader. Too high means too many nutes.

As far as which nutrient to go with General Hydroponics is pretty good and fairly stable. It has alot of nutrient salt build up though, but still really good stuff. I shy away from hydro organics until they are able to stabalize the pH. If you want a step up from GH they have their Flora Nova series where you don't have to mix anything and its higher quality nutrient. It runs about 70 bucks for veg and 70 for flowering.

Hope that helps.

OfflineEDROSE
β Lib
 User Gallery
Loc: Somewhere in in my mind
Re: Hydroponic Systems [Re: Evan]
    #15709 - 04/30/08 01:58 PM (16 years, 6 hours ago)

--------------------

Offlinedude7932288
THC-Daddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: IN the crystals!
Re: Hydroponic Systems [Re: EDROSE]
    #110695 - 08/17/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

easy investment of 149.99 plus tax at bed bath and beyond
Aerogarden

here's the progress on my plant
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/108869/an/0/page/0

--------------------
My First Grow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder