Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

rotating the buckets
    #97639 - 07/30/08 11:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So I have one plant that I didn't think was going to make the cut this year, but I have nurse her back to great health. She was really spindly, and stretched from lack of light, but I staked her up, and put her outside in a flower pot. Then I transferred her to a larger pot allowing the roots to stretch, now yesterday I went to an even larger pot like about 5 gallons, but more round than tall. I mixed up some coir, moisture control, worm castings, and processed cow manure and then potted her, what I have been doing with this girl to ensure good growth is I have been rotating the buckets every night after the sun goes down so that if the side that had the sun set has the sun rise the next morning.
Now I'm not sure if this is a tek that anybody else has used, or uses, what ever, but I'll tell you guys what, I noticed a week or two ago, that this plant is really taking well to her special treatment.
The branches have gained inches during the daytime sun. In a week she has over doubled in size.
I use only organic fertilizers like bat guano, and fish emulsion mixed with molasses in water. I don't ever feed, I'm a firm believer in under feeding if anything.

I'm impressed.

Has anybody had an experience like this from rotating to follow the sun from night to day?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: rotating the buckets [Re: fantasy2reality]
    #97967 - 07/30/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i'm not too sure if that would really make too much of a difference.  the sunset side should receive just as much light as the sunrise side would, just at a different time of the day.  i believe it should all average out across the daytime hours.

i think you just have a really, really happy plant, and that you're doing everything right.  it's amazing how fast they can grow when they get in the groove.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

Re: rotating the buckets [Re: Yrat]
    #98222 - 07/30/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was something that was just happening because for this rotations, or like you mention, just a happy plant.

I'm happy if she's happy!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds