Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Smoking bud efficiently...Whats your method?...
    #90944 - 07/23/08 12:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I always knew using a lighter to burn your bud wasn't the most efficient method. But i got looking at some numbers and was surprised...

The temperature of the flame from a bic lighter can get as hot as 1900°F. While the boiling point of THC is only 392°F. When you drop that flame onto the bowl i can't imagine how much THC gets destroyed instantly.

This is why i need to get a  :volcano2:  ....

Until then, this is how i burn my bud. I almost always pack single hits in a bong, and try to keep the flame from actually touching the bud, i will sorta lower and raise the lighter away from the bowl a few times as i am hitting it, then roast it and snap it through right before i clear the hit....When packing single hits there is no bud or smoke lost between hits like there would be when a full bowl cherries up. I get much higher and my bud last me much longer when i do single hits instead of bowls.

I will power-hit (that's what we call it) with my girlfriend, i don't necessarily get twice as high but it definitely makes a difference, there is a perk about having a g/f and smoking :smirk:....Tomorrow I'm going to try taking a Solar Hit, using a magnifying glass. Should work much better than a Bic...

I can't stand it when people will pack a bowl, and use a ligher every hit, roasting it like they are smoking salvia or something :nonono:. Get it cherry and leave it, it is already burning people....

So what's your method of smoking bud efficiently?......

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Smoking bud efficiently...Whats your method?... [Re: openmind]
    #90945 - 07/23/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleRoxum
Fulltime Doubter

#90946 - 07/23/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I do the wavy thing like you and once the bowl has a cherry, I leave it alone.  No sense lighting something that's already lit.

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #90948 - 07/23/08 12:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Some simple guidelines:

1.) Use a pipe.  MAPS studies indicate that bongs waste your weed, though they may deliver more THC per hit.

2.) Never load more than you can smoke in a single breath.

3.) Before lighting the bowl, pass the lighter over it a few times while inhaling slowly, keeping the flame just close enough to melt trichomes and begin to toast the bud a light tan color.

4.) Eventually the bud gets dry enough that it just cherries.  As Roxum said, leave it alone.  "No sense lighting something that's already lit."

5.) Inhale some air on top of the hit to get it deeper.  The smoke in your upper throat isn't going to get you anywhere near as high as the stuff deep in your lungs.

If you've folowed these simple rules, you're now as high as possible!

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds