Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWayne_Brady
Stranger

Please Help!!! * 1
    #860928 - 09/25/23 12:08 AM (6 months, 29 days ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

A single clone I purchased from a seed bank in Chicago, IL

2. How old are your plants?
Approx 2 months :shrug:

3. How tall are your plants?
Approx 12 inches

4. What size containers are they planted in?
2 gal

5.What is your soil mix?
Straight coir

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
When the substrate is just moist, I'll water lightly again. With tap water that I've added Shultz Tomato Food to.

7. What is the pH of your water?
5.5-6 (pic attached)

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Shultz Tomato Food 17-18-28

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Viparspectra 600 watt led

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
2 ft

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
Currently 6²

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space??
Room temperature (72⁰)

14. What is the pH of the soil?
5.5-6

15. What is the pH of your run off?
Will have to check next time there is some

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No insect activity.

I have to say she is resilient and after what she's lived through I'm hoping I can enjoy some buds from her.... So when I brought the plant home I transplanted it immediately into potting soil and a one gallon planter and watered it with no nutrients whatsoever in the water because it had been premixed potting soil. Well I noticed after only a day that the leaves were starting to turn yellow and brown and curl up so I raised the lights even more. Well the yellowing continued so I removed her from the lighting all together and I've just been letting her get some light from the window I also switched her out from one gallon planter to a 2 gallon planter with just straight coir so I can control any and all nutrients and she looked like she bounced back and then I started observing the same problems again with the yellowing of the leaves and so I've been afraid to have her underneath the lights at all and afraid to even water really
because I don't know what's going on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWayne_Brady
Stranger

Re: Please Help!!! [Re: Wayne_Brady]
    #860933 - 09/25/23 04:37 PM (6 months, 29 days ago)

If anyone could please give me sone insight into what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated. She is not looking good but still alive.

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Please Help!!! [Re: Wayne_Brady]
    #860934 - 09/25/23 08:10 PM (6 months, 28 days ago)

Are you familiar with how to grow in coco?  Water to 10% runoff, feed at 1.6 EC or less, feed every watering, pH 5.8-6.2. Your plant looks like it might have nute burn, which could either be caused by the tomato food, the soil, or the combination of both.  They also might have some overwatering issues.

Figuring out watering might be a little tricky, since soil and coco have different requirements.  I'd say treat it like it's in coco, flush at maybe 0.8 EC until the runoff EC falls to a more acceptable level, then you can feed at 1.3-1.6 EC.  Fertigate whenever the medium mostly drys out, at least until the roots are developed.  Then you can water/feed once a day or more.  This brings me to another coco tip; keep the pot size small.  I have plants that were over 6 feet tall in a 1 gallon pot of coco, as long as you can feed often enough smaller pots are preferred.

You'll want a cheap EC meter and a nicer pH pen.  Apera makes a good pH pen.

Good luck with your plant!

OfflineKid Charlemagne
New but not new

Loc: Wa PNW
Re: Please Help!!! [Re: yoosername]
    #860965 - 10/02/23 01:26 PM (6 months, 22 days ago)

:whathesaid:

Offlinex7x_x7x
cultivando en la miseria
 User Gallery

Re: Please Help!!! [Re: Kid Charlemagne]
    #861067 - 10/18/23 10:08 PM (6 months, 5 days ago)

add tons of white LED lights.

**turn on your fan**

looks overwatered.

no chemical fertilizers.
add earthworm humus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder