Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelouisbell
Stranger

White Powdery Mildew - Dealt With
    #858104 - 08/16/22 09:15 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Hey all.

So at the start of my grow I was handed some clones that had WPM.

Not wanting them to go to waste, I stupidly overinvested my time with them until the day I switched the light cycle. My airflow, milk and h2o2 applications kept all signs of WPM at bay.

Week 4 decided to rear it's ugly head, and I spent 10 days at the very beginning of the cycle change spraying the tent, plants and roots with heavy applications of systemic fungicidal sulfur. I managed to get the sulfur off the plants in a few days and now I'm back to aggressive feedings.

Am I pissing in the wind? Or have I scraped a salvageable grow by the skin of my teeth?

I'm particularly interested in those who've managed to completely annihilate WPM at some point or another. I'm worried it may return

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYeatster
Stranger

Re: White Powdery Mildew - Dealt With [Re: louisbell]
    #858349 - 08/19/22 06:40 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

louisbell said:
Hey all.

So at the start of my grow I was handed some clones that had WPM.

Not wanting them to go to waste, I stupidly overinvested my time with them until the day I switched the light cycle. My airflow, milk and h2o2 applications kept all signs of WPM at bay.

Week 4 decided to rear it's ugly head, and I spent 10 days at the very beginning of the cycle change spraying the tent, plants and roots with heavy applications of systemic fungicidal sulfur. I managed to get the sulfur off the plants in a few days and now I'm back to aggressive feedings.

Am I pissing in the wind? Or have I scraped a salvageable grow by the skin of my teeth?

I'm particularly interested in those who've managed to completely annihilate WPM at some point or another. I'm worried it may return

I'm not one to usually recommend this but scrap it all, clean your space and start over. I've dealt with PM and I've spent countless hrs and $ trying to pull the grow through. At the end, I had bud I wouldn't give away for smoking. Even if you're the type that would, ime the terps were stripped, completely flat on the nose.
On the plus side, it was fine for making feco so I was still able to use it. But yeah, PM sucks the big one.

Good luck!

Offlinelucidllama
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: White Powdery Mildew - Dealt With [Re: louisbell]
    #859720 - 12/16/22 03:49 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I fought it valiently outside with pruning and the milk treatment, hydrogen peroxide, and sesame oil/dishsoap/baking powder/water mixture.  All seemed to work but only with constant monitoring and application. 

I took clones from them early when there was no WPM and put them in a tent.  Since the infection went systemic, I had no end of grief.
I had a few instances in the tent and used the same but also got some Grow Doctor, which was a waste of money given the other methods.  The problem with the fight is that the spores will be in the fan blades, the ducting, and so many places that you will encounter it again and may even need to scrap your whole indoor setup because it's impossible to eradicate.

Good luck with healhty growth.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract