Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineothyem
Male
powdery mildew.
    #707162 - 01/13/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So a few of my plants in veg have some slight powdery mildew going on. Flowering room is uneffected at this point.  I cleaned the effected plants off with h202 and scrubbed all my rooms down top to bottom and Added more fans.

I'm going to the grow shop tomorrow, wondering if I should get greencure, serenade or both? Anyone have experience with either?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: othyem]
    #707172 - 01/14/14 12:06 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Usually PM is a ventilation problem, especially at night when the humidity spikes. Make sure to keep the fan exhausting the room they are in on at all times. Also stale air can cause problems and those extra fans should help. Make sure to get the lower areas too. Dense indicas tend to have the problem a bit more often when the leaves overlap a lot and air cannot access very far into the canopy. I don't grow dense plants very often for that reason.

There are a lot of sprays that will treat PM but you need to eliminate the need for that in the long run with proper air movement and ventilation. Never heard of those two products, but its usually best to get something that is a concentrate and mix it up yourself, otherwise you spend way too much money.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineothyem
Male
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: phychotron]
    #707173 - 01/14/14 12:13 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ventilation probably is the case. I've recently had a bout with mites in my veg tent so I put up a couple no pest strips so I've been kicking my vent fans off during lights out.

Serenade is bacillus I think and green cure is just pottasium bicarbonate.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #707175 - 01/14/14 12:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Get those mites taken care of ASAP. I have a battle with thrips for awhile till I found a product with Spinosad and it kicked their ass hard.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineothyem
Male
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: phychotron]
    #707178 - 01/14/14 12:51 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

They are all dead now I caught it early thankfully. I had thrips last year that got really out of hand. No pest strips did nothing to them, I killed them all with 2 sprays of spinosad. Spinosad devistates those bastards.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #707189 - 01/14/14 05:59 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Powdery mildew is the bane of indoor gardening, imo.  Getch you some "Silica Blast" or "Armor Si".  Recently discovered that silicits are a good preventive measure, as well as a secondary treatment against powdery mildew.  Silicates are only a preventative measure and secondary treatment though.  Having a properly sized and constucted air movement system installed and dialed in is the primary preventative of powdery mildew in the garden.  I also remeber somebody on here suggesting buying and using a "sulfur burner" to eliminate powdery mildew from the gardening area.  Never heard of a sulpher burner before.  It's worth looking into though.

Edited by hamloaf (01/14/14 07:25 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: hamloaf]
    #707192 - 01/14/14 06:51 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry ro jack this thread but does neem oil have any affect on powdery mildew?

Some people claim it can prevent it but I just don't see that happening.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #707228 - 01/14/14 11:11 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I've used neem based products for PM that work

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #707244 - 01/14/14 01:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Sorry ro jack this thread but does neem oil have any affect on powdery mildew?

Some people claim it can prevent it but I just don't see that happening.

The sprays can "help" slow it down, but that's about it. I'm sure there's a more scientific way to explain it, but when pm gets on your plant it clings on and digs into the plant tissue. Once this happens pm is within the plant and will re appear no matter what you spray your plant with.

if cutting down your garden is out of the question the only other step to take is a sulfur burner. Once the burned sulfur coats your plant the pm will have a real hard time spreading.

SO to the OP. skip the green cure and pick up a concentrate bottle of serenade, a sulfur burner and some sulfur. Mix up about 20 gallons of some serenade concentrate and spray your rooms from top to bottom...wipe down ALL of your equipment.

Then rig up your sulfur burner and burn sulfur (when your lights are off) in each room. If you have a dehuey make sure it's running while you're burning so that it can take in the sulfur and kill the pm spores that are within the machine and on the filters. Or you'll just blow out more spores once you turn it on again.

Good luck man

:getstoned:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineothyem
Male
Re: powdery mildew. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #707721 - 01/16/14 03:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I just trashed all the infected plants in veg. The only strain that was effected was the void. I wasn't a fan of it anyway. Hopefully that and a good scrub down takes care of it. I'd hate to have to trash all the genetics I have in there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract