Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelouisbell
Stranger

3 Kilos Of Buds for edibles
    #856592 - 05/10/22 07:06 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

So I'm not normally the biggest fan of edibles, but something unique happened.

For one, I recently started making my own dab, and the result is that I've lost my taste for hash, to the point I actually used half of my 10 gram hash run for a tincture.

Secondly, I was given about 3 kilos on the dot of hermie buds, trim and even whole plant (some of the material was good enough for making dab), as well as a lot of buds that didn't taste or look good, and weren't dried or stored ideally.

Nonetheless this has been a treasure trove for edibles. I made a few using wax to have "measured doses" going with 70% thc and 10% potential loss/unabsorbed, to give me an idea of what 50mg does. I also bought some 20mg gummies from a "speakeasy" style coffeeshop/hashbar that's popular in order to have that as another benchmark.

I've used a third of the material making oils, coconut oil(solid at room), butter and tincture, and my favorite method that's shown the most promise seems to be mixing my decarbed bud at a 2.5 to 1 ratio with coconut oil and water, simmering and straining then separating layers.

Other methods seem more wasteful.

What does the community think my best way to get the most potent result is with the rest? Cooking oil infusions seem too weak at the max ratio of 1:1, and some is lost with each infusion, so I'm thinking that wastes a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelouisbell
Stranger

Re: 3 Kilos Of Buds for edibles [Re: louisbell]
    #856593 - 05/10/22 07:16 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

To add some value, here's been my coconut oil success recipe:

Take a large pot, at least 6 L.

Add 2 L of boiling water and turn on a high medium heat.

Add up to 5 cups of decarbed weed (preheat oven to 220F, or 110c, put your weed in for 40 mins, cool for 30 - source is leafly) and 2 cups of coconut oil that's solid at room temperature. Keep your ratio at 2.5x bud to oil, going with volume of "powdered" decarbed cannabis.

Once the oil is liquid, and the water starts to bubble, stir thoroughly for 2.5 to 6 hours. The more time you spend watching and stirring, the more heat you can use and the less time is needed. If the mixture is bubbling you need to either be stirring, or lowering and raising the heat accordingly. Your water should be as close to boiling as possible without boiling.

Evaporate about 70% of your water, add more along the way if needed but ideally end up with 30% of the water you started with.

Use first a colander to strain your material. Put it back in the pot and add 200mls of boiling water, mix thoroughly and strain a second time. Continue straining your liquid through the finest materials you can (coffee filter, t-shirt, cheesecloth) and then let the emulsion separate and cool. It's best to decant into a tall container. Once it's cooled down, put it in the fridge.

Once it's hard, cut out your canna-coco-oil layer and throw away the water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds