Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: Up my ass
Training
    #855855 - 03/11/22 05:05 PM (2 years, 18 days ago)

What's an easy effective way for a noob to train a single plant for maximum colas?  Everything I've read has been all over and people say do things that others say no to.  Just one plant for now a femmized seed diy grow tent. I've read through forms and posts and I have pages of disagreing so any current noob ways  would be helpful. Thanks

--------------------
" he who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man" Samuel Johnson

"There he goes one of gods own prototypes never meant for mass production.  To weird to live to rare to die" Hunter S Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Training [Re: wild_aussie] * 1
    #855860 - 03/12/22 06:40 AM (2 years, 18 days ago)

I find trellising to be pretty easy.  Use the first layer of trellis to spread out the branches, then flip to flower.  The plant should stretch up into the 2nd and 3rd trellis layers, where you can tuck pinch and weave to keep the canopy even.

Generally the more techniques you have at your disposal the better.  Topping and super cropping can be useful, but so can low stress training techniques.

Soft tie wire can be useful in training, some people use it to hook large nuts on their plants as weights, or just to keep the branches in place.

There are many ways to skin a cat, it just takes a little experimentation to find what works best for you in your setup.

Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing

Re: Training [Re: yoosername]
    #855898 - 03/18/22 10:42 PM (2 years, 11 days ago)

I haven't heard of 2nd and third trellis.  Is this like using scrog or is it at least the same principle as a scrog just not adjustable?

--------------------
" he who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man" Samuel Johnson

"There he goes one of gods own prototypes never meant for mass production.  To weird to live to rare to die" Hunter S Thompson

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Training [Re: wild_aussie]
    #855902 - 03/19/22 08:32 AM (2 years, 11 days ago)

Sorry, I meant scrogging.  Trellis net is what I use for scrogs.  I like the cheap plastic kind. I start with the first net early on to help train the plants outward and stay low in veg.  Once I am satisfied with the canopy I flip to flower, and install one or two additional scrog nets for the plants to stretch up into during the first 3 weeks of flower.

I'm currently running an animal cookies cross that stretched about 1 foot a week during the first 3 weeks of 12/12.  Some cultivars such as GMO will stretch for closer to 4 weeks, hence the need for an additional layer of scrog net.

Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing

Re: Training [Re: yoosername]
    #855906 - 03/19/22 11:00 PM (2 years, 10 days ago)

Ok thanks that makes more sense than having just one adjustable one.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies