Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: MDC [Re: kreg]
    #850864 - 10/12/21 03:37 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Aww ik sorry man, my fiance is the same as you just has broken sleep all the time :/ have you ever tried physically wearing yourself out in a day? If you do enough strenuous activities you will force your body to shut down.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #850866 - 10/12/21 03:44 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah more exercise would probably help. I had been drinking kinda hard few days ago+ tons of coffee, ill be alright
Id rather be restless than stuck oversleeping

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#850867 - 10/12/21 04:14 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I'm trying to make it a habit to at least do some push-ups or hit my bag or something since im getting up this early -.-

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН
    #850878 - 10/12/21 05:26 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I sleep 8-14 hours a day, night. Im always tired. I quite often sleep for 3-4 days in a row. Only getting up to shit and piss. My body doesnt respond well to being horizontal for that long. My hips end up keeping me awake they get so sore i have to constantly toss and turn. I just lay there fatigued as fuck.
Sleeping my misery away.

Im much better when i only get seven hours. I used to do 28 days on 7 off, 12 hour shifts, nightshift. It wrecked me big time. I think i aged 10 years over a six month period. Worst time of my life. Now i only work for myself or people i like and its always voluntary, no money. Helping people is very rewarding in itself.

Deep sleep is what you want. Im a light sleeper. My ears dont turn off enough or something. I was told i have super-human hearing by an audiologist once. Maybe she said above average and im just miss remembering.

Sleep is very important though kids.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Invisiblewontootreefor
*1234go

Re: MDC [Re: SameThing]
    #850879 - 10/12/21 07:02 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I need some wisdom...

I got an offer to be flown out to oregon to do some trimming for a relative. He mentioned staying there for like a month, but I can't imagine that'd be necessary...he doesn't have that many plants.

Roughly, how long would it take to do a big hefty plant?

Or, about how many hours per pound?

It'd be dry by the time I got up there...no wet trimming.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: MDC [Re: wontootreefor]
    #850880 - 10/12/21 08:37 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wontootreefor said:
I need some wisdom...

I got an offer to be flown out to oregon to do some trimming for a relative. He mentioned staying there for like a month, but I can't imagine that'd be necessary...he doesn't have that many plants.

I've never done dry trimming, only wet.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm probably biased toward the more time-consuming end, but I could usually do 1/4 to 1/2 lb (once cured) in 4 hours or so, with breaks for my back to rest and the periodically clean the trimming equipment.

I'm sure someone with larger or more consistently run gardens could provide a more accurate estimate. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblewontootreefor
*1234go

Re: MDC [Re: Data]
    #850881 - 10/12/21 08:54 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I don't even know what condition the stuff will be in.

They're cutting plants down now, and I'd be flying out there in December...so I assume they'd be dried, and cured by then...but I don't know enough about that process to know for sure.

I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist too.

4 hrs for about 1/2 lb, though huh? Damn...that's a lot more time consuming than I'd expected.
I've never done this before, so it'd probably take me even longer until I got the hang of it.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: MDC [Re: wontootreefor] * 1
    #850882 - 10/12/21 09:36 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Yea if its multiple lbs to trim, you'll probably get much faster than I am pretty quickly.

There are a lot of instructional videos on hand trimming, but you'll probably get a crash course once you get there.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblewontootreefor
*1234go

Re: MDC [Re: Data]
    #850883 - 10/12/21 10:50 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the input, man...'ppreciate it.

Offlinekreg

#850884 - 10/12/21 01:21 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

IME trimming just an LB with another person can take a few hours / better half of a day
Month sounds fair, maybe, maybe theres other labor around it to keep the lights on? a month of trimming is a lot
buy me a plane ticket and ill come help lol

bout to ride the white computer stallion into a hole
:wrecked:  :methbaggie:  :jointsmile:

i wonder what dj screw was like hanging out with

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#850885 - 10/12/21 03:46 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wontootreefor said:
I need some wisdom...

I've done both but I only do wet in recent years. I did it dry once in high school. It sucks cos a lot of the fan leaves will get stuck to the bud making it extremely difficult and time consuming to do a proper trim :shrug:

Edit: also, nose hair scissors is legit the best scissors for fine trimming in my opinion.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (10/12/21 03:48 PM)

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН
    #850889 - 10/12/21 04:23 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I found this short write up informative.
Harvest-Trim-Cure-101.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: MDC [Re: Connectedcosmos]
    #850893 - 10/12/21 09:50 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Connectedcosmos said:
Yeah energy drinks are super bad for you  :flyby:

I started drinking one every day, and I swear there were a handful of times that I thought I was on the verge of a heart attack. I was getting cold and clammy too. And just overall feeling really, really weird. I was getting scared like I was either was going to have a heart attack or a panic attack.

After several of these incidents, I quit cold turkey. Haven't had any of those incidents since.

--------------------

Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: Niffla]
    #850918 - 10/13/21 11:33 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

some energy drinks are super healthy every once and a while if your caffeine tolerance is high and you already had been eating good for a while, probably not good for most of us degens ahaha.

Are any of you interested in internet livestreams? I've been trying to build a list of good sites in my bookmarks, still sort of falling short.
Talking about like live nature cams, public city cams, stuff like that not individual person focused stuff just good cyber windows to the world afar..
Got the good ones from youtube (the bears), vimeo's platform is good if you can properly navigate away from the sales stuff, then opentopia com is cool

Invisiblewontootreefor
*1234go

#850919 - 10/13/21 12:19 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I've done both but I only do wet in recent years. I did it dry once in high school. It sucks cos a lot of the fan leaves will get stuck to the bud making it extremely difficult and time consuming to do a proper trim :shrug:

Edit: also, nose hair scissors is legit the best scissors for fine trimming in my opinion.

Thanks for the tips. I can definitely see how dry trimming would be more tedious...

I plan on getting several different types of scissors to experiment with if I do end up going through with this...

By "nose hair scissors" you just mean those little ones that are curved at the tip, right?

Offlinekreg

#850920 - 10/13/21 12:25 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

>different types of scissors
nahh nah not necessary, and I'm sure your guy knows this
so "Fiskars" or whatever the ripoffs are often even better, they're just needle tip trimmers most growers own one or two
and then something like pliers or regular sharp scissors for the woody "branch" parts
I'm willing to bet 50c in BTC that he's already chopped the biggest parts so you don't need a hacksaw or anything
Have fun!! I'm super jealous!
Hey wear gloves!!! Maybe maybe get a small thing of isopropyl and a box of disposable gloves. The iso is good for wiping off your trimgers and then its good for your fingers and you can save that rabbit turd ball of stuff and smoke it if you don't get too many beard hairs in it like i always do aahahaaha
im fuckin jealous man.

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: MDC [Re: kreg] * 1
    #850921 - 10/13/21 02:26 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

:megacrankey:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#850922 - 10/13/21 03:26 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wontootreefor said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

Thanks for the tips. I can definitely see how dry trimming would be more tedious...

I plan on getting several different types of scissors to experiment with if I do end up going through with this...

By "nose hair scissors" you just mean those little ones that are curved at the tip, right?

:yes:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlinekreg

#850923 - 10/13/21 03:39 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

these

Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: kreg]
    #850924 - 10/13/21 03:47 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

why the fuck are more people posting about pot inside of the mushroom forum pot subforum than on the entire pot forum made by the mushroom forum people i dont get it :crankey:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies