Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineferrum
Stranger

Cannabis sativa question
    #838096 - 06/06/19 08:16 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I'm growing some hemp and it has some yellowing fan leaves towards the bottom of the stalks . I'm a decent gardener but new to cannabis . It's just become legal recently in my state to grow hemp so I thought I'd give it a go .

Everything is going well with it but in the last two weeks I've seen more yellow leaves amount in the bottom branches , nothing alarming as growth is still fine .

Humidity varies , they are out doors , rain and watering normal , full sun for about 6 hrs then some part sum shade .

Commercial organic potting soil in decent sized pots .

I'm thinking that it's normal since meristem growth is strong and the remaining leaves are a good color of green . Any thoughts as to if there could be something else going on with the plants ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineferrum
Stranger

Re: Cannabis sativa question [Re: ferrum]
    #838097 - 06/06/19 08:22 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I forgot to also put they are a little close together with a lot of branched ends touching others so maybe this is a factor though I cannot understand why it would be

Offlineferrum
Stranger

#838098 - 06/06/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe heat stress as it's been high , or soil ph maybe ?

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #838099 - 06/06/19 10:05 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Some yellowing is to be expected, but if it's progressing, my guess would be that the roots are running out of room and the soil can't keep up.  It's best to mix your own soil if you can.

For now I would top-dress each pot with kelp meal and neem or alfalfa meal.

Out of curiosity, what kind of hemp are you growing?

Offlineferrum
Stranger

Re: Cannabis sativa question [Re: yoosername]
    #838114 - 06/07/19 09:33 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks a few of them are in real small gallon and two gallon pots and they show the most yellowing so it's probably that .

I appreciate the kelp advice and other advice

Right now I have cheer wine which is about 11 to 18 percent cbd and obviously below regulation thc at .3 percent . I have some fedora hemp which is fibre , and some random Chinese sativa hemp .

I'm trying to germinate some polish ruderalis hemp without success as the seeds are past ....i wasn't happy about that and let's see what else .......there's some more general hemp sativa types I got from Colorado source that I trust and I'm ordering a red Bordeaux I'm going to do next with a high cbd and I'd like to find some Otto 2 as well but am having trouble there

OfflineJohn5150
Stranger
    #838119 - 06/09/19 10:24 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

What's up fellow stoners this is my first year growing and I'm not just terminating and going in the ground...I have both indoor and outdoor grows and inn trying some medium scaled growing strategies like nugbucketing and growing indoor mini plants in containers barely larger than solo cups also window seal I figure I'll find out which works best for me that way...my indoor minis I started indoor on 12 and 12 from seed ... I only have two plant lights from wal mart and one miya led full spectrum 50 watt(13 actual watts ) and no cash to improve lighting ...any advice ?

Offlineferrum
Stranger

Re: Cannabis sativa question [Re: John5150]
    #838155 - 06/16/19 07:52 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

So actually what I just noticed was on the yellowing leaves the larger fan leaves there are spots first then it leads to full yellow leaves and on the underside of the leaves are small insects that when looked at closely look reddish or brown like small tiny mites

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies