Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Grow Light Question
    #834491 - 11/02/18 12:06 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

So I just purchased a 100w LED grow light used specifically for growing vegetables, flowers, and herbs.
The description said that it is sufficient for both vegetative and flowering stages of plants.
The bulb fits into an ordinary E27 socket.
I will be buying an upright light fixture for this light as well.
My question is, will this be able to properly grow one marijuana plant to maturity?
From my research, a one hundred watt full-spectrum LED light such as this one would be sufficient to grow at least one plant fully from seedling to maturity, whether it be tomatoes or weed herb.
If more people have knowledge about this I would really appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Grow Light Question [Re: cannabispatient]
    #834493 - 11/02/18 01:30 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The devil is in the details.  Can you provide a link, or the brand name?  Many LEDs on the market are advertised as "100w" when in reality they only pull around 20w. 

A good way to tell is by the price.  Expect to pay $1-2 per true watt of LED.  A good 100w light will run you at least $100.  Here's an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-CLU48-1212-Spectrum-Hydroponics-CITILED/dp/B07D2FCDV2/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1541185161&sr=8-18&keywords=led+grow+100w

If it is a true 100 watts and the diodes are name brand, it should be enough to grow a small plant to maturity with a decent yield.  However, if it is really just an overhyped 20w, it will barely be enough to grow anything.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Grow Light Question [Re: yoosername]
    #834495 - 11/02/18 03:55 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hi and thanks for all of your help.
I can't find it on Amazon right now (I just looked), but I can tell you that I paid $23 for it.
From the description, the makers claim that it is in fact a 100w LED grow light which screws into a standard E27 fixture.
Which reminds me, can I use an E26 fixture instead of an E27?
I read that the voltage is different for E26 and E27, and that the former is used in the United States, whereas E27's are used in Europe.
I read that E27 bulbs like the one I purchased can in fact be screwed into E26 fixtures, so maybe I should buy that light fixture instead of E27 which might be incompatible or nonfunctional here in the U.S.?
So you are saying that a $23 100w LED grow light will not be sufficient to grow one weed herb plant to maturity?
This is disappointing, as my light will be arriving tomorrow and the clones I am buying will be here in a few days.
Sigh.
Well thanks for the heads up and maybe I should buy another light in the meantime.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#834505 - 11/03/18 06:43 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

US and Canada use 120 volts E26 in EU its 220 volts for a E27 do not mix them.

BTW the 100 watt rating is BULLSHIT.

Quote:

Why Choose CF GROW?
CF Grow has Research Team, engineers have more than 10 years experience in led grow light field.
The Leader of LED Grow Lights field. Developed UFO, R&B, R,O&B, Full Spectrum, CXB2530,
CXB3070, CXB3590, Ultra-Thin Black-Sun etc. series grow lights.
And our team is developing more High-end new led grow lights. We hope offer you better and better products and best service.

Specifics:
1.Model No.: CF-UT01
2.Power: 100W(wall draw power 50~55watts),
2.Case color: Black
3.Wavelength: 380~780 full Spectrum
4.Waterproof: Yes, IP67
5.Input Voltage: 120Vac(optional) 6.Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
7.COB Led Brand: Bridgelux
8.Flux Lm: 5000lm
9.Lifetime: 50000hrs
10.N.W: 0.6kg

Package List:
1 x New COB LED Grow light
1 x Steal Hanger Rope
1 x Waterproof Power Cable
1 x User Manual

If you do not want to get ripped off don't even consider LED lights.

BTW want a good laugh the makers of these lights won't sell them in Canada because cannabis is legal and they can get sued for lying.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Grow Light Question [Re: Rider420]
    #834674 - 11/10/18 10:20 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I thought that LED lights had evolved and made much progress in the last 20 or so years, and that they could be used to grow really fine quality weed.
What am I missing here?
I have my 100w LED grow light and my standing light fixture now, plus my flower pot and potting soil, so all I need is to purchase my clone which I will be getting next week.
This brings me to another question, can I plant two 8 inch clones in one 5 gallon pot?
I wanted to grow both plants in one flower pot.
Thanks for the help.

--------------------

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#834675 - 11/10/18 10:59 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

LED lights can work as good as HID lights if they are the same wattage and produce light in the right spectrum. HID lights are cheaper to buy and use 400 watt unit is $159 vs 400 watt LED light costing 799.99. LED lights like HID dim with age, with HID lights you only need to buy a new bulb $20 to $40 every two years with LED you have to replace the whole unit.

https://www.growlights.ca/growlights/grow-light-kits/400-watt-kits/400-watt-dimmable-wing-reflector-kit.html ; $159.99

https://www.growlights.ca/led-grow-lights/fusion-pro/fusion-pro-x800-led-system.html ; $799.99 Note while they call it a 800 watt system it actually only draws 400 watts. Some people believe that LED lights produce more usable light then HID but in real world tests they are only equal a HID light.

Yes you can put two plants in one pot however they will be smaller then if you gave them both their own pots.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Grow Light Question [Re: Rider420]
    #834719 - 11/14/18 04:33 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

If your going led don't go cheap, cheap leds suck. I run cree, citizen, luminous cobs and hlg 288v2 quantum boards. They all grow good, well I just got the quantum boards last week so time will tell. I don't have have any experience with the screw in leds that you linked. I do use 9w screw in bulbs with the globes removed in my veg cabinet with good results.

Luminous cxm22 cobs

Good leds can be had for a decent price definitely more than a hid system. If your good a diy you can build a good light for $1 a watt. Good places to look
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/
http://cobkits.com/

A good place for diy and reviews on current led tech
http://ledgardener.com/
The strip builds on led gardener are a cheap and a good option for budget minded folks.

Grown under 4 Cree cxb 3590, 2 luminous cxm22 chips at 280 watts.

Edited by funky (11/14/18 08:37 AM)

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Grow Light Question [Re: funky]
    #834760 - 11/17/18 03:13 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hi and thanks for your help.

I received my clones four days ago and have put them under a 100 watt LED bulb for 12 hours a day.

The reason that I am only giving them 12 hours of light daily is because I would like for them to begin flowering immediately, they are nice sized clones and flowering should take about 10 weeks, which is what I was told.

Also, I was told that they will triple in size during the flowering process, and I did not want to grow really large plants.

You don't think that my 100 watt LED bulb is sufficient to grow one or two clones to maturity?

I'm only looking to get about a half ounce dried flower from each plant.

Thanks again.

--------------------

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#834761 - 11/17/18 05:56 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

It will grow fine just don't expect a huge yield.  Yield has more to do with skill than lighting. What strain are you working with?

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #834762 - 11/17/18 07:16 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hi and thanks again for your response.

I am growing two clones of the strain known as "cannaloupe haze."

It is a 95% sativa strain.

I do not know anything else about this strain, such as its parents or lineage.

Have you heard of cannaloupe haze?

Oh and can I put two clones in one large pot and grow them both to maturity, or just one plant per pot?

Thanks again.

--------------------

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#834763 - 11/17/18 11:21 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard of it but never grew it tho. I prefer something that flowers in 8 weeks or so. I would stick with 1 plant per pot so one doesn't out compete the other for root space.
Canopy management is going to be important with only one light. Topping and training will help even out your canopy.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #834796 - 11/18/18 06:48 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks.

I've decided to just keep one plant under the light, since I only have one light.

This raises the question of what I should do with the other plant.

I would give it to someone if they could take care of it, but I don't know of anyone at the moment who would take in a clone and grow it.

--------------------

Offlineparadoxfound
Stranger
    #834800 - 11/19/18 09:03 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
Hi and thanks for your help.

I received my clones four days ago and have put them under a 100 watt LED bulb for 12 hours a day.

The reason that I am only giving them 12 hours of light daily is because I would like for them to begin flowering immediately, they are nice sized clones and flowering should take about 10 weeks, which is what I was told.

Also, I was told that they will triple in size during the flowering process, and I did not want to grow really large plants.

You don't think that my 100 watt LED bulb is sufficient to grow one or two clones to maturity?

I'm only looking to get about a half ounce dried flower from each plant.

Thanks again.

This is a terrible idea. The clones may not even have rooted yet, they need to establish themselves in their new envvironment.

As for the light, it also may not be sufficient. Your plant will be spindly with airy buds most likely.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Grow Light Question [Re: paradoxfound]
    #834822 - 11/20/18 01:33 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I don't really care if you think it is a terrible idea.

The clones have in fact rooted and the people who sold them to me told me that I can begin flowering them immediately if I want to.

They said that the clones will triple in size during the flowering stage so when fully mature the plants will be around two feet tall and several inches wide.

As I stated earlier, I do not want large plants.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

--------------------

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#834836 - 11/21/18 05:20 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The bigger the root ball the bigger the yield. The plant can't produce more that the roots can support. I use 2 gal pots and I get 3 zips per plant on average.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies