Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Diamonds?
    #834027 - 08/22/18 07:19 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

So, I have been a medical cannabis patient for over two years now.
A new dispensary just opened up in my town recently.
Apparently they sell a wide variety of different strains of both flowers and extracts.
When I called this morning they said that they sell a type of extract known simply as "diamonds."
When I asked them what it was, they said that it was basically pure THC crystals.
They sell it for $70 a gram.
I was wondering something.
Does anyone know what this is, has anyone heard of this or used it before, and if so, how is it?
Also, could I vaporize this type of extract from my awesome glass oil burner pipe?
It is basically an essential oil vaporizer pipe, AKA meth pipe.
And, is this extract worth purchasing, at $70 a gram?
I could quite easily go broke very quickly buying this stuff.
Also, the shatter is much cheaper, and isn't it almost equally as pure and potent as this "diamonds" stuff?
Thanks for all of your help.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemangledwit
Wizard
Male

Re: Diamonds? [Re: cannabispatient]
    #834029 - 08/23/18 10:13 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know too much about thc crystals but I have heard of people doing them as dabs. I think the popular way of consuming it is dipping a joint in it so it sticks to it. Never had it before but I imagine since it's pure it'd get you pretty well baked :jah:

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Diamonds? [Re: mangledwit]
    #834030 - 08/23/18 11:57 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Diamonds is just shatter and is way overpriced what you got was just a sales job. FYI there are no crystals in THC its a round blob.

Shatter or dabs rigs can cost a lot but all you really need is a nectar collector.

Here is a cheap example.

https://www.maryjaneshq.com/collections/rigs/products/mary-janes-dry-nectar-collector

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Diamonds? [Re: Rider420]
    #834033 - 08/23/18 05:02 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Diamonds is just shatter and is way overpriced what you got was just a sales job. FYI there are no crystals in THC its a round blob.

Shatter or dabs rigs can cost a lot but all you really need is a nectar collector.

Here is a cheap example.

https://www.maryjaneshq.com/collections/rigs/products/mary-janes-dry-nectar-collector

Hi and thanks for your reply, but I don't recall mentioning that I ever bought this stuff.
I didn't.
I simply called them and asked them what diamonds was and how much it cost.
They told me that it was about 98% THC, which is certainly more potent than shatter is.
The shatter that I usually get it around 85% THC.
But really, that is definitely strong enough for me.
Also I had a question if you don't mind.
I have such an amazing glass oil burner pipe, aka meth pipe, and was wondering if I could vape shatter through this, so that I don't need a nectar collector or rig or any of that stuff.
Thanks.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#834034 - 08/23/18 05:33 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

My bad Diamonds is just the name of a strain. What they are talking about is a  distillate.

https://potguide.com/pot-guide-marijuana-news/article/cannabis-distillate-everything-you-need-to-know/

Quote:

Heat vaporizes THC and CBD, bringing the vapor into a cooling system for consolidation and eventual collection into beakers. This process is repeated over and over again to create pure cannabinoids without chlorophyll, plant matter or residual solvents.

When Dabing you need to heat the pipe with a torch for more then a minute i suspect your meth pipe will get to hot to hold before it has enough heat for a normal sized dab.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Diamonds? [Re: Rider420]
    #834124 - 09/12/18 02:29 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Actually he's referring to THCa crystalline extract. It's the uncarboxylated form of THC that has been highly refined (with the proper lab setup, THCa is much easier to isolate above 95%). Because of increased intermolecular bond stength, it can actually form a crystalline solid (rather than a glassy pseudosolid for THC) at room temperature. This allows for easier handling and a novel appearance (a container of actual crystals) rather than a blob or sticky sheet of shatter.

Keep in mind that because the chemical structure is different, that the molecular  mass is also different, and thus affect dosing. THCa can be vaped, mixed with regular bud, or eaten.

Here's another thread on THCa crystalline.
https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/824098

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #834429 - 10/28/18 01:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
Hi,

So, I have been a medical cannabis patient for over two years now.
A new dispensary just opened up in my town recently.
Apparently they sell a wide variety of different strains of both flowers and extracts.
When I called this morning they said that they sell a type of extract known simply as "diamonds."
When I asked them what it was, they said that it was basically pure THC crystals.
They sell it for $70 a gram.
I was wondering something.
Does anyone know what this is, has anyone heard of this or used it before, and if so, how is it?
Also, could I vaporize this type of extract from my awesome glass oil burner pipe?
It is basically an essential oil vaporizer pipe, AKA meth pipe.
And, is this extract worth purchasing, at $70 a gram?
I could quite easily go broke very quickly buying this stuff.
Also, the shatter is much cheaper, and isn't it almost equally as pure and potent as this "diamonds" stuff?
Thanks for all of your help.

I know this is an old thread, but there's just too much bad information here for me to not post anything.  :lol:

Diamonds (as its referred to in dispensaries in CO and CA) refers to a method of BHO production that causes a separation of THC (the diamonds mentioned in the post above, basically) and terpenes.  The starting material is blasted in a closed loop system at cold temperatures and then collected and put in mason jars.  Then they put those jars in a vacuum chamber under low temps for a long duration.  This causes the separation, slowly.  The result is a yellow to clear crystal and a viscous terpene soup.  The best examples of this are from the Diamond baron on Instagram.  It's expensive, but it's also some of the best, most pure form of hash you will ever come across.  It's generally a top shelf product, but not always.  You can make it with all sorts of grades of starting material.  The diamonds are often sold in grams.  When you open up the jar you'd see a large chunk or three and some soupy juice.  id recommend breaking up the diamond and mixing with the sauce.  Diamonds in the sauce.  This is NOT distillate by the way. 

I also wouldn't recommend any sort of meth pipe equivalent to vape this with.  If you are spending $70-80+ for this stuff (Btw where i live some places are charging $140 a gram plus a 25% tax - $175 out the door for a gram of hash!) you should really be using a device that really allows you to get the maximum you can out of the product you've spent your hard earned dollars on.  This stuff is about the experience of the full bouquet of aromas and terpenes the plant has to offer.  I'd suggest a quartz banger with an enail or a quartz insert.  Good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineChiefm4sterdiezl
Stranger

Re: Diamonds? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #834945 - 11/28/18 03:04 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I've been playing around with diamond mining using the ed Rosenthal tek I'm wondering if any users have any detailed information on variations in crystal formation based on stains. I really wish I kept more detailed notes over the years.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder