Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
Help! Green Crack Auto issues
    #828761 - 09/27/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Beginner grower here. This is only my second time growing and I'm having issues with my Green Crack plant. It is growing along side my LSD-25 auto plant which is beautiful and has no issues. It has had crispy ends on the leaves since around 2 weeks old, and a lot of the leaves have yellow spots with curled up, rippled, or twisted ends. This plant seems to have stalled out too, hasn't really grow in over a week. I will include some pictures. Thanks for the help.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed. Green Crack Auto

2. How old are your plants? 33 days

3. How tall are your plants? A little over 2ft

4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gallon

5.What is your soil mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? I give it a gallon of water about every 2 days (but lately it's been using less water) with well water.

7. What is the pH of your water? Straight out of the faucet it is about 7.8

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") I'm using a single 400W air cooled hood. I was using a MH bulb up until yesterday I switched it to a HPS bulb since my other plant (LSD 25) started to flower.

11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 6"

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4ft x 3.5ft

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? The humidity fluctuates between 47-50%. Temperature fluctuates between 78-84F

14. What is the pH of the soil? Unknown

15. What is the pH of your run off? When I watered yesterday it was 6.2, but up until that point it has been 6.3

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Other than the occasional bug that slips by, no not really. There are definitely no infestations of any sort that I've noticed.

Edited by unclecreepy (09/27/17 06:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: unclecreepy] * 1
    #828763 - 09/28/17 01:02 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Nute burn may be some issue with with ph aswell. maybe littlw over watering aswell..

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: Theman] * 1
    #828764 - 09/28/17 03:33 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not familiar with fox farm but I've heard it's pretty hot stuff. Looks like a lock up, I would stop adding any nutrients in their water and flush them with a gallon or two of straight water. What is the ppm of your tap water if it's real hard it could cause it. Do you have any enzymes?  Cause you will need to add them back after the flush.

Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: funky]
    #828765 - 09/28/17 06:17 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Nute burn may be some issue with with ph aswell. maybe littlw over watering aswell..

I really don't think I was over watering. The soil would get very dry before I watered and I wasn't getting much run off either. I believe I do have a nute issue though, that's what I've been leaning towards atleast.

Quote:

funky said:
I'm not familiar with fox farm but I've heard it's pretty hot stuff. Looks like a lock up, I would stop adding any nutrients in their water and flush them with a gallon or two of straight water. What is the ppm of your tap water if it's real hard it could cause it. Do you have any enzymes?  Cause you will need to add them back after the flush.

I do not know the ppm of my water, but that is something I have thought about testing since having this issue. I'm gonna stop at the hydro store today and see if they have anything to test it with. I also forgot to add that these issues started happening before I even started using fertilizer. Seems to me that it may have gotten worse since I started fertilizing. Hard to say though. One thing that has me confused is my other plant is using the same soil, nutes, and water, but it does not have any of these issues. Different strain but still weird it's doing great while the other isn't?

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: unclecreepy] * 1
    #828766 - 09/28/17 07:16 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Anytime you water you should shoot for 25% run off. The roots don't only absorb water but they also produce wastes that need to be rinsed away and without extra run off the waste will just accumulate in the soil and cause lock out and burn then lower yeild. Different strains handle the same environment differently, maybe the one burnt didn't get enough run off its hard to tell over the Internet sometimes.
Good luck

Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
    #828767 - 09/28/17 11:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Ok that makes sense, I never really thought about that to be honest. I'll try to do a flush tomorrow and see what happens. Is it ok for me to flush with my water or should I use something else? And should I adjust the ph or just use it the way it is? Thanks a lot for the help.

Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: unclecreepy]
    #828768 - 09/28/17 06:48 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I got myself a meter and tested the PPM of the water here. The meter is showing 290 PPM. Is that ok to use or should I be using RO water?

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
    #828769 - 09/28/17 10:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

That's high for your tap water.  You want to be in the 125 - 150ppm range.  You can do this by diluting your tap water with RO water and keep some of the expense down.  RO can be too far the other way and have little to no buffering ability by itself.

You need to bring the pH of the tap water down while you are at it.  Diluting with the  RO can accomplish some of this while also requiring less pH adjustment on your part as opposed to adjusting pure tap water in your case.  6.2 is not a bad target for flushing purposes in either soil or hydroponic grows.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Help! Green Crack Auto issues [Re: KenInVic]
    #828770 - 09/29/17 04:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Since the other plant is doing ok You could use your water but you need to increase the run off to around 40%. And look into soil enzymes they help the plant absorb nutrients from the soil. Also plants from the same batch of seed can have very different nutrient requirements that's why I like photo strains I can keep the ones that like my environment instead of changing my environment for the plant.good luck

Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
    #828771 - 09/29/17 11:12 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Well last night I decided to flush the soil. I calibrated my ph meter just to be sure everything is accurate. The water was 7.6 and the run off was 6.3. I flushed it with 2 gallons of water so I hope that is good enough. This morning it looked way better and actually started to bud so I think that's what it needed. It was getting all droopy and weak looking, but now the leaves have opened up and are pointing upwards. I think I'll flush the other plant too since this one responded well. I'm thinking about mixing my tap water with RO water to see if they like that too. Thanks again for helping me out

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#828779 - 09/29/17 03:09 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It's good to hear she responded well, if you have anymore problems post up.

Offlineunclecreepy
Stranger
    #828795 - 09/30/17 11:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think I know another thing I might have been doing wrong. I wasn't draining the run off and it was just sitting in the bottom on the pan. I always noticed after an hour it would be gone so I think the plant was drinking the waste. I feel kind of stupid thinking about it now, but I know not to make that mistake again.

I flushed the other plant last night and it's looking even better now. My light is up as far as it goes and the plant is almost touching it (over 4 ft tall). I guess that's a good problem to have lol although I might have to pull the top down with string or something really soon.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#828796 - 09/30/17 03:02 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:spinleaf: :fbsnugs:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates