Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: phychotron]
    #825824 - 05/07/17 09:51 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.blackdogled.com/faq-about-leds

More reading

Also not sure what ur quoting was all about?? Srsly?? Lol  whites are more expensive then red or blues? Main reason is there is no white led only with a coatinf which would make them more expensive. Or multi led in 1 which of course is harder to manufacter and why they are more.. just logically but can look at price lists aswell..

Edited by Theman (05/07/17 10:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: Theman]
    #825825 - 05/07/17 11:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Please don't just post a link to marketing material and expect me to understand what your trying to point out. The material is basic and not very informative. Quote something specific if your going to post a link. I'm glad your reading though, that's good.  I'm confident that you'll eventually get to something a bit more scientific in the future.

I'm done arguing with you.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #825826 - 05/08/17 01:16 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The new addition is 125watts of side lighting, for a total of 250w of LED total. I contemplated not putting the creebay back in when I adjusted the top lighting but left it for this first run.

She aint pretty but she's got some plants that I just transplanted just for her. She's got 5 in there right now, I'll probably start a grow log in the next few days if I can get around to it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #825829 - 05/09/17 11:55 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Damn dude thats wild!

Im surprize u dont need that much LEDs. Interesting :strokebeard:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825831 - 05/09/17 10:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well explains how white led work and why umderstanding how led work and manufsctured its inherantly worse to have white. Its science!! And previous explaims why intruduction of green at best doesnt do much and at worse slows growth. Anyway ignore science as usual :wink:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825832 - 05/10/17 12:20 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Damn dude thats wild!

Im surprize u dont need that much LEDs. Interesting :strokebeard:

Ya I realize that this thing is bright as heck and when i realized its running 250 watts I got a little concerned. I have dimmable drivers on the top led but went cheap on the non-dimmable drivers this time. The cheap dimmable drivers are kinda junky and then you need a dimmer too. I didn't even hook it up to the top light because it didn't seem worth it. The switches will have to be my solution.

I transplanted some small plants and started the flower cycle. Keep an eye out for the grow log in the future. I'm trying to find a spare smart phone to do a time lapse.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825868 - 05/12/17 11:49 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Time lapse would be cool. Hell ya.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #825975 - 05/20/17 01:48 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Haven't found the time to start that grow log, maybe I'll just keep it updated here as this flower cycle progress. I'm going to be gone for the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower so I can't start a proper grow log anyway.

some spot bleaching where the diodes make contact.  These were from about a week ago.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825976 - 05/20/17 02:10 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

There was a day where they became noticeably bushier. I threw a few into flower right after I transplanted so I think maybe its when the root zone picked up.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#825993 - 05/21/17 07:38 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Really growing now!

Im surprized the LEDs burn the leaves like that...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825997 - 05/22/17 02:14 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

They aren't hot to the touch, but if you left your hand there all day you'd have some damage.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #826172 - 05/31/17 10:46 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Some updated photos

So far so good. Some singed hairs after that last heat wave but they're starting to grow back.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #826335 - 06/11/17 10:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#826352 - 06/11/17 10:48 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, dense! I like it# LED cube FTW.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #826532 - 06/18/17 11:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Last photo for awhile, gonna have someone else tend to it for a while. I'll try and get some photos when they're done in three weeks, if they're still alive when I get back.

Getting pretty dense on that front plant. It was in the best condition going in and it shows. The pineapple express is some of the dankest looking nuggets I've seen. If I wasn't in a hurry to leave I'd get some nice macro shots. They don't show their beauty with this tablet.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#826538 - 06/19/17 11:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Nice totems as bodhi would put it whole branch looks like will fill out..

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: Theman] * 1
    #827117 - 07/07/17 02:13 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Got an update after being away for over 2 weeks. I had my mom maintain them while I was gone.

They thing has potential but I can tell they buds are not as full as I had hoped. More light needed, but the cheap diodes are so inefficient that I don't know if its worth it to upgrade. I'll get some better photos when I actually harvest. Not sure when but sometime soon.  Also the plants were not in prime condition when going into flower and the one's that were healthier are showing it.

--------------------

Edited by phychotron (07/07/17 02:14 PM)

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#827126 - 07/07/17 03:50 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Looking pretty good man. They look better than my try with the 3 watt diodes, you should check out cob leds (cree,citizen,vero,luminus) . Cree are over priced for there output I have 4 cree cxb3590 72v top bin chips and I'm not impressed.
:gethigh:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day Build: LED grow cube [Re: funky]
    #827127 - 07/07/17 04:10 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I'm interested in cobs for a larger setup, but with something that has height restrictions the lower watt diodes are more compatible.

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#827159 - 07/08/17 08:07 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Great notes/points both you guys. I know height is a concern but I'd just run the bigger diodes a lil farther away. I think these 3watters are awesome for side/under canopy light/ bars which is why I've been intrigued on this thread so much..
Funky: how do you feel your cob setup does for lower/beyond canopy growth? Do you lollipop? I think the application of bars similar to psychotrons,in a fashion, such as the grow cube, have already began to be marketed and are pretty cool. Canvassing the plant with light from multiple angles seems great to me and only really possible with the advent of LED units. The sun moves and hits all parts of the plant thru out the day. Our spectrum is bettered with the cobs(a step closer to sun) and I think we'd do well to try to function like the sun also, or atleast provide coverage (modularly/ maybe moving) akin to the sun as it moves hits all regions of plant tissue..

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck