Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelost89
Thinker

Small Plant, Flowering.
    #824571 - 03/10/17 02:39 PM (7 years, 19 days ago)

I've had a plant growing since early February, it was in a small plastic pot and I've since transplanted it 2 times to bigger pots. I've read posts and watched videos and figured I've made the mistake of causing it to root bound and flower early..

looking at my plant in the present day it's got lovely flowers going on with lots of white hairs and is continuing to grow. should I just let it continue growing as is or was it going to be a low yield due to the pots I used prior to today?

any input is great from the experience of the group,I'd like to see where I made the mistake while growing.

she's outdoors mostly, alot of rain has come lately and a few fan leaves have started to get spotted with yellow and brown.

Edited by lost89 (03/10/17 02:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTetracan420
Baby Bloomer

Re: Small Plant, Flowering. [Re: lost89]
    #824574 - 03/10/17 04:31 PM (7 years, 19 days ago)

First off welcome to growery.  Ok so getting to the point of things, MJ buds depending on the light cycles so for indoor is 18 light and 6 dark hours for veg. When you want to force into bud you switch the hours to 12 light and 12 dark hours. I'm from Canada so the outdoor time to plant would be June and wouldn't be ready for harvest until October. You are saying you had this since February, what part of the world are you from and how many hours of light do you get in a day?
  For the rootbound is no biggie if you catch it quickly, while transplanting take a knife and make slits all the way down like brushing tangled hair, I've had to do this before. Anyways I really don't see rootbound being your problem. I suspect it may be the wrong time of season for your outdoor grow.

Offlinelost89
Thinker

Re: Small Plant, Flowering. [Re: Tetracan420]
    #824610 - 03/11/17 11:25 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

thanks for the welcome.

I've only ever had it growing outside, I noticed it has a long stem and figured it was from growing outside. I'm way down south in Texas. and I'd say the hours I've had the plant out its on a cycle 10-11 hours light, 12-13 hours in the dark.

well I took it and washed the root ball and let the roots stretch out and left some of the ball and just replanted it.

seeing as how it is growing white hairs should I just continue to let it grow and cut as the hairs darken? small yield or not,I started from a seed with just regular soil .

--------------------
just on this journey through life, learning what i can with what i ask, and who can answer. forever on the path to gain knowledge. speak away.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824611 - 03/11/17 11:35 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

That plant is budding for sure ! All you can do is let it grow out and finish or revegg it and make it get bigger then flower it out again.

But reveggin will take a long time . I let it grow outtill harvest have your self a nice joint!:bigjoint:

Offlinelost89
Thinker

Re: Small Plant, Flowering. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #824613 - 03/11/17 11:43 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

yeah ill let it finish and see if it revegs.

haha a joint or a bowl is good enough for me. as long as she gives me a good flight!

--------------------
just on this journey through life, learning what i can with what i ask, and who can answer. forever on the path to gain knowledge. speak away.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824617 - 03/11/17 02:21 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

It wont reveg unless you give it more than 12 -14 hours of light

InvisibleTetracan420
Baby Bloomer

#824618 - 03/11/17 02:26 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Let it flower out. You won't get a big yield but that bud looks like it's got lots of growing left I'm curious to see how big it gets. Let me know when it's done please. I'm going to bet cropped and dried 2.5-3.5 grams

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #824626 - 03/11/17 08:12 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

The only problem I see with leaving it outdoors is that the day length will continue to get longer until the summer solstice, and won't be 12/12 again until the fall. The plant will probably re-veg on its own. This means you won't get much bud anytime soon.

However, if you've got the space, the plant will get huge this growing season, and if done right you could get a heavy harvest in the fall. :bigweed:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinelost89
Thinker

#824640 - 03/12/17 12:13 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

will do. I'll be uploading pics over the next few weeks to show progress.

do u think I should clip the fan leaves or leave it as it is?

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #824643 - 03/12/17 03:28 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Leave her as she is, that little gal needs all the leaves she can get :cool::thumbup:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Small Plant, Flowering. [Re: Data]
    #824644 - 03/12/17 04:00 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Leaves are what produce the energy from light. You need those fan leaves.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinelost89
Thinker

Re: Small Plant, Flowering. [Re: phychotron]
    #824988 - 03/23/17 07:39 AM (7 years, 7 days ago)

*Update*

the plant is still growing, still making buds and getting new hairs, but the top of the plant is starting to change from white to dark brown/red hair.

when I do decide to harvest the little joint or 2 I've made what's the best way to clip it from the plant? seeing as how the buds started forming from the middle.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds