Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Purchasing vs cultivating
    #821521 - 11/27/16 02:04 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Hi,

As a medical marijuana patient I am faced with a serious issue concerning this medicine. Should I be growing/cultivating herb myself, or should I remain dependent on a caregiver to provide me with cannabis? While I understand that it is extremely convenient, simple and hassle-free to purchase quality medicine from a registered caregiver, it can also become quite expensive as the weeks go by. And yet, to invest lots of time, effort, energy, and money into cultivation doesn't seem very sensible. I wish I knew what to do. Even if I was to grow 2 or 3 plants for personal use, the start up cost would be a lot, and I would have to wait several months to harvest a small crop of herbs.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: cannabispatient]
    #821523 - 11/27/16 03:08 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Medical Cannabis & Activism.

Reason:
You'll get more replies here.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: Stoneth]
    #821527 - 11/27/16 03:21 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Its not that expensive. You can pick up a 600w or 400w mh/hps light for under 300. Soil can be cheap as well. You can buy premixed stuff or make your own. Hydroponics is always an option too. If you use a greenhiuse. You can cut your electricity usage in half (light and sunlight). You can also make seeds (feminzed or regular). Or keep a mother and just take clones from her. Nutes can be cheap as well.

:2cents:

Invisibledrawde
Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: cannabispatient]
    #821528 - 11/27/16 03:43 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Most people here will tell you to start cultivating.

There's no way to tell you what is right for you, only you can answer that for yourself.
However there are some things to consider that can possibly help steer you the right direction.

1)Is the condition which you are treating with cannabis temporary or permanent?
    --> If it is permanent, and you are working with limited funds, you will likely want to undergo the learning curve and investment
        for cultivation as it will surely pay off in the long run.
2) Can you handle the initial startup cost?
    --> If yes you may want to start cultivating 
3) Are you capable of learning a new skill, committing the time to it, taking any failures in stride and learning from them?
    --> If yes, you may want to start cultivating
4) Do you have an adequate space in which to begin cultivating?
    --> A small apartment closet likely won't yield you with enough medicine
5) Is your space secure?
    --> Will you be able to keep your grow private? Will odors disturb neighbors? Will the people you live with be a problem?
6) Are you legally permitted to cultivate for yourself?
    --> Most likely you are if you have medical licensing, however you need to be aware of all of the regulations you are working within

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineBullshark Genetix
Stranger
Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: drawde]
    #821562 - 11/30/16 12:37 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

If you live in an area where you can, do it yourself! Indoors or outdoors, its much more interesting to learn a new hobby and emotionally rewarding to take care of yourself. It will most likely be one of the happier times of your day :smile:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: Bullshark Genetix]
    #821677 - 12/05/16 01:09 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Just remember u don't need all fancy shit. Expensive nutes or additives. Alot can be replicated cheaply if u want. Or 4 parts snake oil to 1 part water and half a part active ingredients.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Purchasing vs cultivating (moved) [Re: Theman]
    #821678 - 12/05/16 01:16 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

But yes can be a decent amount of effort if u don't have time or ability. And if never have grown before def will be trial and error and perhaps even loose some harvest. Most people enjoy it and can find what plants work best for them. But may take a bit to get the same quality. :smile:

And should be around 100 bucks of power per half lb. If not less :wink: at least here.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom