Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
To flush or not to flush (hydro nutes question)
    #819731 - 09/30/16 07:40 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

So when I first started growing I had a long conversation with an employee at a hydro shop about hydroponics, the guy seemed really knowledgeable and I took all of his advice except he told me I didn't need to flush with nutrient-less water when i'm using CNS-17 Ripe. He said it makes it sweet, but I've never  heard of anyone not flushing so the last few harvests I did a flush at the end of the three weeks of CNS-17 Ripe and while the bud was potent it didn't taste as good as something you get from the dispensary.

I use psychotrons curing tek and I follow it completely except I have trouble keeping the humidity up for the last few days of the first week of hang drying. But then it goes in the bags and the edges become spongy again rather than crispy

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: To flush or not to flush (hydro nutes question) [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #819733 - 09/30/16 09:48 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, I'd flush with clearex for three days then water for at leasst three days or til harvest. 
A lot of people believe flushing to be a myth or waste of rime and money.  I'm not one of them.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: To flush or not to flush (hydro nutes question) [Re: Stoneth]
    #819798 - 10/01/16 02:31 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

The idea behind flushing is not just to get the soil/medium clean, but to clear the plant of any un-used building materials (nutrients) traveling up the stems. A few days of plain water, in a clean medium will show results (yellowing, spots, deficiencies). Soil needs to be flushed earlier because its harder to flush/clear the medium of any possible residual nutrients.

I've messed the last few harvests up myself not drying properly. Its easy to fuck that process up when your not paying close enough attention to the buds.

When you first dry and the buds are smoking good, the flavor will be nice and rich, then goes away for a few weeks and smokes like shit and harsh, until slowly the flavor comes back over the next two months. Some buds like Bubblegum I've been disappointed with until I opened the jars months later to find some of the dankest bud I've ever seen. The flavor really can change dramatically when cured.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To flush or not to flush (hydro nutes question) [Re: phychotron]
    #819803 - 10/01/16 03:31 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I've been doing 4-5 days of water with a lowered ph and no nutes at the end of harvest, I try to keep the rockwool from collecting too many nutes, but its hard, I filter tap water but its still got a lot of calcium. I think i'm going to stop using the blocks and just use the plugs, right now i'm using acombo of rockwool and hydroton like in the picture below (last harvest).

I've always been afraid to use a humidifier in my closet where I dry because I figured the water would land on the buds and be bad for them, so I just use a bowl of water with a small fan blowing on it starting day three of drying. I do a dry trim to keep the humidity up in the closet.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: To flush or not to flush (hydro nutes question) [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #819962 - 10/06/16 01:44 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty sure clearex is table sugar. And floro clean is just weak vinegar to clear salts..... :smile:

Also flushing is important as there can be some salts. But importantly it lowers sugars (black ash) last time I checked salts are white? So don't get why people say that. Sugar is super harsh and burns black.

Edited by Theman (10/06/16 01:46 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag