Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Hashed]
    #818856 - 09/02/16 12:26 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So another doc bites the dust and frees up space in the tent yay! my tent was way too packed and with the way this main queen is growing 2 of those and the silver haze will fill my tent in full flower if that suspected male is actually a female I may be screwed but that's for later worries I'm about to do the first binding to the main queen and I took a nice clone of her yesterday she is definitely a keeper she's starting to stretch hard now but her nodes are still nice and even so not too worried

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Inocuole]
    #818900 - 09/03/16 12:30 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

which plants exactly in the last flower box pics are the queens? Guessing the two soiless buckefs and the back left lol

Edited by Milktruck (09/03/16 12:46 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #818903 - 09/03/16 01:46 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

now with some room in the tent I put up pics of 2 of the Queens I think are female the suspect male is in a small .5 gal bag pot it only has one stem it's hard to get good pics of that one when I'm taking pics in the dark...

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #818912 - 09/03/16 08:31 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Thise the only 2 queens in the flower box right now? The bigger one looks a lot thinner in the foliage than mine have been. Have been very dense planrs foliage wise for me

And heres a shot of a couple of the better nugs i kept from up top on my outdoor queen. (First pic obviously lol)  A bit earlier and harier than I wanted. Also not the best trim job. But these nugs have been curing for a few days now. Fairly dense. But could have been even better if it went that last week...oh well lol. (The buds arent this light yet. Still darker green. Is just the really orange lighting)

They still smell like a mowed lawn but the stink is coming in slowly.. will probably have it smoked before its fully cured though

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818925 - 09/03/16 03:15 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Nah bud there are 3 same as the start like I said previously there are the 2 in the new pics and a suspected male it has just a single branch an was stuffed next to the haze so it's harder to get pics of that one in the dark... it would be kinda cool if it is a female though anyway the big queen gets trimmed down pretty much every day even if it's only one or two leaves you need the light to penetrate and coax bottom growth for a nice even bouquet at the finish the second one will grow out natural she's getting over transplant shock at the moment

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#818927 - 09/03/16 04:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Exciting news!!! that suspect male just put out preflowers what a butch chick! I guess this is the lanky pheno milk was talking about its pretty cool now the big question whether to transplant to a 3gal pot or not the roots are likely bound and forcing flower so transplant and get a bigger plant or let her flower out early she dosent look like she will branch at all so I'm lookin at a lollipop I kinda want to clone the hell out of her to do a SOG with her later but I dont really have the room to do that right now and I don't know if she will recover from topping any ideas milk?

also new pics up the Queens are all grouped to the left

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (09/03/16 04:33 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#818931 - 09/03/16 09:40 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

wont know if its that specific phenotype til she gets into flower, may just be a similar one. just wait for that burnt rubber smell xD. The lanky queen i cloned from was still willing to top and bush out, she just has high node spacing in veg, but dint actually stretch much in flower and still cola'd up nicely in the end.

imo you have a new pheno i havnt seen yet there, and honestly i would do one of two things:

1: Cull it, because i cant really see a phenotype like that being very yeildy

or

2: Keep it around if you got room, clone her, then flower her just to see what she does, for novelty's sake :lol:

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
    #818980 - 09/04/16 05:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:takingnotes:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Milktruck's Afgani Queen x 400w HID Aeroponic 2016 [Re: anthiawe]
    #818990 - 09/04/16 08:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

lol well I think it would be a great pheno for like sea of green if she would clone out nicely unfortunately these foggers have messed me up again most of my clones just died cause of fogger malfunction again so I'm done using them sadly I only have one Doc Holiday clone that survived I'm gonna switch my veg tent back to dwc and ordering another submersible pump Aeromist will be my main growing way after all these soiless plants are done to do aerofog you need an awesome ultrasonic fogger that is made to be on all the time unfortunately they are exspensive so not really what I'm looking for in a cheap but we'll working rig...

as for that queen #3 (I labeled all the Queens #1 is the main in the rig #2 is the branchy soiless and #3 is the male looking one) I transplanted there to a bigger pot she's starting branch a little but as soon as they are big enough I will. clone from there I want to keep as a single bud site to see how well that works it well I think I could squeeze 2 to 3 clones of a pheno like that to fill in the spots of normal flower operations that's if it finishes like it grows now we will see what happens I'm getting a unique scent off of her a little chem a little skunk but still sweet and fresh is kinda does smell like burnt rubber but pleasant the other Queens aren't smelling too much yet but different then queen #3

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819114 - 09/08/16 08:23 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

ok been a bit busy and it looks like it's only getting worse? better?? meh either way I'll try to update as much as I can...

so all the docs are officially down the silver haze is starting to stack the Queens are all looking great and I added 2 ace high seedlings one in a rig the other in a .5 gal soiless mix I also got a miracle berry plant I'm trying to coax to fruit...
I'm really excited about these Queens at first queen 1 wasn't taking the SCROG very well with the extremely fast growth makes the branches brittle the first tie down snapped of the next day but the minor branches are much easier so it's working out great now queen 3 is still pretty much one main branch with very little minors unfortunately i dont think I'm gonna be able to clone those branches before her buds start stacking I know it's possible to clone after that but it has never turned out well for me unless I put back to flower right after its rooted but that's no good for a mother plant so I'll be kicking myself in the dick if this plant is amazing tonight I'm taking clones from queen 2 she is growing slower but steady also not as much leaf growth as I would expect at this stage I only trimmed once and that was to top and clear undergrowth not sure if that's good or bad yet but we will see...
the new additions I am pretty excited for too these are greenpoints Ace High Lemon G13 x Star Dawg supposed to have a super strong lemon scent and flavor I would love that for my extracts!

I'm thinking I may have to just keep one grow log in have way too many strains at one time and it's gonna get confusing in a minute when I throw these easy Kush autos in to flower it was hard enough with 2 logs so when I get more time I'm gonna re format this grow log to work as my grow log

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819147 - 09/09/16 09:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

All of those queens loom wierd to me lol.

They dont look unhealthy just wierd :lol: must be something about your setup or nutrients. Idk. All of those have really low internodal growth compared to what I usually end up with. If you can manage temps you may want to move your light a little closer.

Althoug I cull seedlings and young pants like crazy when im working with seeds I have a high number of... I keep the perfect or interesting ones usually lol

Ive also never had better than 50/50 m/f rates with these seeds. Props on that lol.

And ive noticed the hard brittle stem thing with these as well. My outdoor broke multiple times in multiple places even while propped up.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819151 - 09/09/16 10:34 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yea they are stretching pretty hard it's because that is as close as my lights can get its still really hot most of the plants ive grown here stretch a bit but nothing like these well and the Dreamin OG stretched like crazy too i never got to see it flower though so I'm interested to see how it goes amazingly I have zero red stem I'm a pretty heavy feeder and they just eat that shit up! I have a feeling I would have got 100% female if I didn't fuck up that one seedling

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819170 - 09/10/16 06:25 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Ok so last night I tried to move the light about 6" closer and the Queens got mad and wilted in the morning so I moved the light back after I drenched the hell out of them by the time I thought of pictures I already soaked them so sorry no pics of it I think they will be fine by the time my lights turn on tonight

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#819317 - 09/14/16 10:11 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Updated pics

I have noticed something kinda weird with queen 1 (in the rig) for some reason she wilts after the lights turn off and perks up when this lights come on she sleeps like mimosoids it's weird I've never seen it happen with herb before I've only noticed it for the last week or so after I dropped my lights but it could have been happening for longer and just didn't notice anyone see this before?

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #819358 - 09/16/16 05:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

here's what they look like side by side

Lights on perky lights off sleep and it's the only one that does it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819392 - 09/18/16 08:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
here's what they look like side by side

Lights on perky lights off sleep and it's the only one that does it

most of my queens have done this, they reach for the stars when the sun is out, and quietly slump over at night to save energy i imagine. ive noticed a few strains do this, but is very common in the queens, id say OVER 50% that i have run do this, and some VERY dramatically, is isnt overwatering, isnt underwatering or any excess stress. i can promise that some of the queens will just do that.

Only weird thing about them ive noticed is how much more sativa they look like they have in them in your setup. in your setup they look like some nice even hybrids, over on my end most have looked a LOT like the pure afghani father, yours look a lot more like the mother (special queen) in the way they are growing and flowering out. Maybe its luck of the draw, idk, but they look healthy to me and the leaf lowering thing at night is perfectly normal.

My current special queen looks damn near IDENTICAL to your queen that droops at night. and it is also doing the leaf droop thing nightly as well, ill get a picture of it shortly.

Edited by Milktruck (09/18/16 08:18 AM)

OfflineBrooke haze
Stranger
Female
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Milktruck]
    #819393 - 09/18/16 08:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:rolleyes: hey guy new grower here well I haven't started growing yet I was wondering if someone could help me I have alooooooot of questions like should I get a grow tent and do I need those expensive fans that go in the grow tent please reply backk

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Brooke haze]
    #819401 - 09/18/16 02:00 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

hey Brooke your gonna want to read through the cultivation forum most of the answers will be there first thing you need to do is decide a few crucial details indoor or outdoor soil or hydro and how many plants for the area and if you have any questions ask them openly with the community they won't give you a hard time if your not a dick so ask if your unsure even if it seems silly anyway welcome and good luck

Milk thanks man I've never seen it in mj plants only mimosoids it's kind small cool as for genetics yea it's gotta just be luck of the draw no worries I fully intend to use all those seeds till I get a good one lol

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#819445 - 09/20/16 06:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

theyre all great that i have flowered, im just very choosy with the cull in veg, ill start probably 4 times as many as i want to end up with, weed out the least impressive, then pull the males at the flip.

Im quite interested in what some of the plants i would have culled end up doing :laugh:

the main queen is looking pretty nice though, and as you know your still a good ways from the buds stacking, and as for flowering time, ive had fatties be done in 7 weeks, and lankies take up to 9 for some, it varies by pheno.

Offlineanthiawe
Stranger
Re: Barons Grow Log of Wonders! (Many different grow styles and strains under a 400w HID) [Re: Milktruck]
    #819573 - 09/24/16 09:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:goodluck:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds