Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrowbear
Stranger
 User Gallery
help with diagnose, black hairs, bottom up traveling
    #819201 - 09/12/16 12:10 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

not an expert, never seen this before, 3rd time with the G13 strain... maybe 3 weeks ago, well into flower. Noticed this in a garden(woodsy, fair amount of sun), not in other 2 (sunny all day pretty much,). Lower branch then branches lost all hairs on flowers, lost smell, are really brown in color (just the buds) all the leaf on the plant is nice and green with some holes in some leaves (which is kinda normal considering where they are). after a week or almost 2 noticed it would affect branch after branch, traveling from soil up plant. First time using a soilless medium. only 2 weeks from finish and topped them. Think they either got the TMV or bugs . I have a 100x magnifier and do not see an infestation but saw some webbing and leaves with holes. the 3 "infected" girls were topped moved further away from the others in that same garden, which do not show this . My other 2 gardens also do not show any of those signs (both in open or mostly open sun)
is this that TMV? my 100x magnifier shows milky and amber and black almost burnt looking trichomes on the non-stinky unfrosted "buds".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrowbear
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: help with diagnose, black hairs, bottom up traveling [Re: Growbear]
    #819202 - 09/12/16 01:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Could moving these, 3rd week of August, have stressed them to the point of going hermie? Or something else causing the stress? I have cut some large flowers that have no smell except hay, no hairs, etc. also some with a  stinky hairy flower at top , next couple all brown and shrivels, then small hairy flowers down stem. Actually after more looking today, I believe all the girls? In that location are now doing it. 3 destroyed and some just show a few signs.  Should I chop? Took more infected branches to save what could be.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819230 - 09/12/16 10:02 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like bud rot to me

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineGrowbear
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: help with diagnose, black hairs, bottom up traveling [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #819239 - 09/13/16 05:39 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Had a similar thought, but bud rot, for me, has always been a greyish, squishy mess. These are brown, bud like, not squishy.  Or is bud rot and mold 2 different animals?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819348 - 09/16/16 11:53 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Different things can present differently

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder