Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
Loc: ON Flag
My first grow! Any tips/information greatly appreciated! PICS Included
    #818356 - 08/20/16 10:54 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Alright I do have a few questions but Im going to start this off with a summarized overview of what I got going on here.

So Im growing in an equal mixture of coco coir/perlite/peat moss(was told by a friend to use this), Im using a 120 x3W Full Spectrum LED, Im also using a 24w 6400k T5 just too boost during veg.

Strains Im growing include a random known as "red legs", 1 sweet tooth, 1 unknown kush, 1 Romulan, and x4 Annihilator Kush for a total of 8 plants. They were received as clones sat under a 8w T5 for 12 days, and have currently been under the above mentioned setup for 8 days.

I am in the process of obtaining a 400w HPS which will hopefully replace the T5 for flower.

I am also planning on following a SCROG grow as well as I possibly can for a first time grow.

Im still in the process of obtaining nutrients but have currently been using Green Earth (cheaper version of advanced nutrients from what Ive been told).

So any information or tips would be GREATLY appreciated but aside from that I do have a few general questions I would love to ask:

1. The medium composition Im using (peat moss/perlite/coco coir) I was told makes my grow equivilent to that of a hydroponic and should therefore follow the PH for a hydro grow etc. so says my friend.. I however am very unsure of this.

2. Is the T5 I am supplementing with doing more harm than good?

3. Has anyone used this soil composition? If so any tips?

4. I assumed the answer to this question is an obvious yes.. but are open paint fumes in the air harmful to nearby plants?

Again any general idea or tips would be greatly appreciated I am now going to round up and take some more pics which I will be posting very shortly. THANK YOU GUYS.. Nice to meet you all and hope to chat soon.

--------------------
Trent Dizzel turn it up a lizzel, he got a room full of fine dime dizzles!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
Re: My first grow! Any tips/information greatly appreciated! PICS Included [Re: TrentSteel420]
    #818357 - 08/20/16 11:09 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first grow! Any tips/information greatly appreciated! PICS Included [Re: TrentSteel420]
    #818360 - 08/20/16 05:27 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1. The medium composition Im using (peat moss/perlite/coco coir) I was told makes my grow equivilent to that of a hydroponic and should therefore follow the PH for a hydro grow etc. so says my friend.. I however am very unsure of this.

Yeah that will be safe.

Quote:

2. Is the T5 I am supplementing with doing more harm than good?

No, the more light you can supply the better. (to a extent but you're not near that)

Quote:

4. I assumed the answer to this question is an obvious yes.. but are open paint fumes in the air harmful to nearby plants?

:facepalm3:Yes

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
Re: My first grow! Any tips/information greatly appreciated! PICS Included [Re: Magash]
    #818417 - 08/22/16 05:55 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Lol Thank you Magash I remember you from nearly 10 years ago! Learning to grow on the shroomery.org... Good to see your still pumpin em out! Keep up the great work! Times have changed and my medicine can be grown legally , thanks for helping making it success from the start but I won't get too cocky yet.

Daamn guess it's been like 12-14 yrs since my shroomery days...

Edited by TrentSteel420 (08/22/16 06:04 AM)

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
    #818453 - 08/23/16 12:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Hey I got one more stupid question don't poke fun please. I used the remaining veg nutes I had today and won't come into cash too purchase more for 7 days my friend has some clone fertilizer.  (5-14-8). Think you can figure where I'm going with this. Thank you folks!

In case that wasn't clear enough is there a ratio of the fert that would be beneficial?

--------------------

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
    #818454 - 08/23/16 12:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

AUGUST 23rd

Any ideas why that little girl is struggling? I'm almost 100% doesnt need to be moved into bigger container it didn't really have many roots when i transplanted it from a Dixie cup 3-5 days ago... It is 1 out of 4 annihiltor kush I have 2 of which are biggest healthiest I have... Thanks for any info you may be able to provide

--------------------

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male
Re: My first grow! Any tips/information greatly appreciated! PICS Included [Re: Magash]
    #818486 - 08/24/16 11:11 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry for sounding like a ranting lunatic but had 1 more question you said more light the better? I have a 8w 3500k T5 I was thinking about adding only because I plan to veg longer n harder for scrog

Thank you a speedy answer would make my day!

Edit: DID I READ MY EMAIL WRONG IS IT NOW LEGAL TO GROW AS LONG AS YOU HAVE MMPR IN CANADA NOW? 5 indoor or 2 outdoor per g/day prescribed

Edited by TrentSteel420 (08/24/16 11:13 AM)

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male

#818647 - 08/28/16 06:12 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So I bought some veg nutrients today "Solo-Tek Grow" going to do one last update hoping for some type of response than I'm giving up... I'll give a straight forward question to make it easier on you folks.
Does Romulan tend to be a very hungry strain as mine appears to be? And if a plant is going to take up more nutrients than another is its soil also going to dry out quicker?

--------------------

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male

#818648 - 08/28/16 06:18 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #818656 - 08/28/16 10:24 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I have learned most people here will only respond if your doing something really bad or headding down a dangerous path well also if they have no experience with what your asking I wasn't gonna post because of the latter but someone needed to chime in besides Mag even though he is crazy knowledgeable and wise it's good to know other peeps are reading...

I don't grow with any part of your set up but for your first grow I suggest simplicity in all things you got a bunch of different strains going at one time which can get hard to keep track of how the strains react at different stages personally I like to grow 1 or 2 strains at a time so I can understand the characteristics of the genetics and do everything I can to help the plant thrive...

maybe your straggler just grows at that rate it's also hard to see issues in plants under leds 

So welcome and good luck!

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #818657 - 08/28/16 10:34 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry I have a massive seed project going and have been gone a few days.

Yeah...Rom can eat the nutrients but it a strain that is definitely worth the extra attention. In fact I'm in the middle of a Romulan x OG kush cross right now.

Quote:

And if a plant is going to take up more nutrients than another is its soil also going to dry out quicker?

No, I would assume once you figured out that the Rom used more nutrients you would feed it more then the other strains. :derfase:

Quote:

Hey I got one more stupid question don't poke fun please. I used the remaining veg nutes I had today and won't come into cash too purchase more for 7 days my friend has some clone fertilizer.  (5-14-8). Think you can figure where I'm going with this. Thank you folks!

In case that wasn't clear enough is there a ratio of the fert that would be beneficial?

Next time you run into this problem let them go without food till you can get the right stuff. You can just end up causing more problems then your solving.

If you have a question and nobody answers send a pm cause when I see led lights I usually tend to just click to the next post cause I hate those damn things.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTrentSteel420
ConsumerTurnin'Producer
Male

#818746 - 08/31/16 06:33 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Nice thanks a lot guys things seem to be going well .. Will be back if I have more questions

Edit: romulan x OG kush although very nice would probably be a little harder to grow for a beginner no? I've heard OG can be real picky and likes its environment proper... Just about to light up some Scott's OG .. Goddamn chemdawg amd kush mmmm

Edited by TrentSteel420 (08/31/16 06:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds