Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
flowering during veg??
    #817162 - 07/21/16 04:28 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I've got a blueberry plant in veg that has two caylxes I noticed lower on the plant that have trichromes as they would in flower almost

Does this mean at some point she went to flower during veg?

I'm vegging on 16/8 cycle

She did get somewhat root bound but not to the point where she showed anymore deficiency than purpling in the stem if that means anything

I do not see any other frosted caylxes anywhere but some do have fat hairs poking out??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: flowering during veg?? [Re: Nevar44]
    #817164 - 07/21/16 05:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #817167 - 07/21/16 06:28 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhhh....your fine. Lots of plant will give a few flowers in veg as long as the whole plant isn't doing it your ok.

Some strains will start to flower in veg if rootbound (Mikado) so be sure to watch for that.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: flowering during veg?? [Re: Magash]
    #817186 - 07/21/16 10:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Cool thanks :smile:

I've never noticed this before it's a first for me

I kinda have a wild hunch that this AgentOrange of mine may have been crossed w the mikado

It's purely a hunch

I just think I mayyybe didn't get the entire truth on the lineage

I can't see someone crossing this AO w a random male basically like I was told lol

I know nothing of the mikado tho for comparison

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (07/21/16 10:42 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #817189 - 07/22/16 12:35 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Mikado (one of my personal favorite strains) is a cross of Blueberry and Sweet Tooth is a strain out of Canada from a seed company called Federation seeds that got shut down about 10 years ago or so. Great strain but a pain in the ass to work with. This is not a strain I'd do any fems with though.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineGanjaganj
Stranger
    #817283 - 07/24/16 01:34 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Your lights shouldn't be off for more then six hours during veg. Eight hours of dark, especially with sativa dominant strains, can start flowering.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: flowering during veg?? [Re: Ganjaganj]
    #817291 - 07/24/16 07:55 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Oh but they should be off more than six hrs cause they r my plants

Plants cannot utilise more than 16 hrs daylight research shows.

Sure outside they get more than 16 hrs light. But not direct light that makes photosynthesis our non stop. In nature there is shade and clouds...

This is an indica dominant strain. I have many diff strains sativa dominant included none have started to flower under 16/8

They say over six hrs or dark can trigger flowering but I actually use 16/8 and haven't seen that happen. I'd say 16/8 is the most efficient veg cycle electric cost and growth rates factored in

However I have so data to back this prob never will

But when I run 18/6 or 24 hrs after about 16 hrs of light they start to droop some of em.. they can't photosynthesis any longer...

Plus npk scientist Harley Smith says in their research which was recent, say plants cannot use more than 16 hrs light indoors. I'm rolling with his input obviously

Input appreciated tho :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (07/24/16 08:03 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #817305 - 07/24/16 01:44 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Oh but they should be off more than six hrs cause they r my plants

Plants cannot utilise more than 16 hrs daylight research shows.

Sure outside they get more than 16 hrs light. But not direct light that makes photosynthesis our non stop. In nature there is shade and clouds...

This is an indica dominant strain. I have many diff strains sativa dominant included none have started to flower under 16/8

They say over six hrs or dark can trigger flowering but I actually use 16/8 and haven't seen that happen. I'd say 16/8 is the most efficient veg cycle electric cost and growth rates factored in

However I have so data to back this prob never will

But when I run 18/6 or 24 hrs after about 16 hrs of light they start to droop some of em.. they can't photosynthesis any longer...

Plus npk scientist Harley Smith says in their research which was recent, say plants cannot use more than 16 hrs light indoors. I'm rolling with his input obviously

Input appreciated tho :smile:

Yes but if their my plants they will get only 6 hrs of light cause I have seen data saying 18 hrs of light can be used buuuuuut this doesn't mean shit in this case cause wether or not the plant is not efficiently using the light for growth it still tells the plant what time of the year it is and when not to flower. Marijuana Grower's Handbook P.127

In most cases your fine with a 16/8 buuuuut I have seen strains that will flower with 8 hrs of dark. Strains that do this crap are usually pain in the ass strains to grow. Mikado, Thai as examples.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#817309 - 07/24/16 03:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha agreed :smile:

I like 16/8 so far, it hasn't caused me any problems yet

Neither would 18/6, the difference between the two is minimal but I guess 18/6 is a safer bet tho

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order