Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #816688 - 07/09/16 02:51 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

the Afghani Queen babies looking fantastic :cool:

9 days old from seed first breaking ground. breaking ground on July 1st will help me keep track of ages a bit better. dont usually write anything down lol, looking at them they could use a little more N2 but ill get on that at first transplant :lol:

feel free to notice the wallpaper behind them :lol:, gonna have my t5 box back up and going with both fixtures soon to get 6 plants going again.

just ordered a few new genetics, maybe ill find something to mix into my F1 idk yet:

another Royal Queen, Special kush #1 x5 seeds, feminized, hopefully will be just as impressive as my other Royal Queen purchases, but is their cheapest strain and only marketed at 16% thc so we'll see

Paradise Seeds Dutch Kush x5 seeds, feminized(Amsterdam Cannabis cup 2016 "Best in class Kush")

And getting a Delicious Seeds "Candy" as a freebie, gonna pop it for the hell of it since i only got one.

2 Paradise Seeds Pakistan Valley Feminized as freebies too

5 more Seedsman Original Afghani regular as freebie as well, the seedbank i use has had them on freebie for like a year or more lol. is where all of my seedsman afghani came from...freebies :lol: The male i used for my F1 was a freebie lol.

They will often send you more freebies than you payed for in packaged seed.

Edited by Milktruck (07/09/16 07:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #816710 - 07/09/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

nice little ones look very happy

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #816720 - 07/10/16 11:59 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
nice little ones look very happy

And now you know what your expecting :awesome:

they grow ridiculously fast. The third baby without any signs of hybrid vigor is still working on his second leaf set, probably gonna gift it to a friend once i get it topped and looking like something significant, is ten days old in this photo like the others:

The two big babies, 10 days from seed, both just got topped at third leaf-set early this morning, already seeing signs of the internodal growth picking up to replace the center stem on the bigger lankier one on the left :laugh:

the one on the left in first pic has some LOOOOOONG leaf stems lol, a lot lkike my lanky phenotype clone, but leaves fingers are noticeably fatter than the lanky's were as a pip squeak

Edited by Milktruck (07/10/16 01:04 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816737 - 07/10/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

gave these afghani queens to my clone mother harboring partner in crime, hes gonna complete their run to try and get a good mother assuming the female pheno or two turns out to be a good keeper.

i will be germinating a couple more afghani queens in tandem with the new genetics i ordered. Will probably be starting a fem Dutch Kush, a fem Special Kush #1, The candy freebie fem (looks awesome on paper), a couple afghani queens(4 regular sexed to 2 female), and the two seedsman afghani (hopefully sexed down to 2 female) we never kept a female mother of any of the seedsman afghani freebies and all of them have been great.

gonna have a nice box of indica dominant goodness to come a month or two after the outdoor comes down.

following run will be all clones of our best mothers and ill be back to pulling my 6 zips a run :cool: hopefully anyway

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816781 - 07/12/16 02:09 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

soooo, i lied, heres some more pics.

Gonna let her go another week or so and then shes going to get the cut just in time to be in jar for my Mother's Birthday :laugh: (July 27th)

a couple of these tops have blown my mind in their size and density for just over 100 watts of CFL...am very pleased for the effort (which was basically none)

i may not hit a full 3 quarters (21 grams) but am expecting more than a half ounce, would be different if she wasn't over vegged early on and root bound through most of flower :/

ill get some trich shots in a bit, about 50% milky trichs, 50% clear, but i DID find 3 or 4 amber mixed in a little deeper into the nugs. Sadly all i have to look at trichs is an led jewler's loupe, but i ordered a USB microscope from eBay a couple days ago, should easilybe here before the cut to get some pre-harvest trich shots :laugh:

should be right on schedule for 100% milky about a week from now, and thats about exactly where i want her, mostly milky, a couple amber here and there :cool:

Edited by Milktruck (07/12/16 03:50 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816797 - 07/12/16 09:25 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I lied again xD

took the smallest top for a week early sample, should have it dry and in jar for a couple days before the rest comes down... the node below the top nug got pulled about a week ago for another sample, this entire branch didnt have enough light anyway, was dwarfed by all the other tops. i just left it really knowing full well it was gonna be an early pulled sample branch.

got impatient, couldnt wait :lol: The bud had an EXCELLENT bud to leaf ratio though.

probably gonna be about a gram dry :lol: hoping it'll fill paper or a couple bowls nicely to toke on while im harvesting the rest next week lol.

this plant is probably gonna get jarred up and gifted to mom on her birthday :heart: timing for it is perfect and it wont be much more than 14-18 grams probably in total including this little nuglet, she never buys high grade weed only regs so she's going to be excited :cool: was just a run for the hell of it anyway while my t5 closet was out of commission which is now over as well, going to be reassembling the whole setup soon.

Edited by Milktruck (07/12/16 11:24 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#816891 - 07/15/16 01:38 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

lied yet again....i cut down about 3/4 of the plant as i am completely dry, trichs sat about 80% ish cloudy with a very rare amber and a few clear here and there, she had less than a week left to where i prefer her though, so probably lost an eighth or so in overall end-yield

And 12 hours or so into drying the wet weight sits at 53.7 grams, was 69.5 when it first came down late last night, gonna be somewhere around a half ounce dry. 12-15 grams ish...still got a full sized branch left on the plant as well. sorry for shitty picture, couldnt get the screen to show up, it doesnt work at all with the backlight off :lol:  its old, still waiting on the nes 2 decimal scale and the USB microscope from ebay....gotta love ordering shit from China....

Smell is WAY different than other soils ive run this clone in, is usueally quite citrusy and sweet this clone, but outta this soil mix is very skunky/earthy/spicey, almost like burnt rubber kinda, just way more pleasant :cool: cant wait to pack a bowl of her and ty her out in the whip :laugh:

My first new genetic seeds came in from a friend out west today, 5 feminized MTG Pineapple Purple Skunk seeds, was sent as a surprise, had NO clue what the strain was until i opened the pack, THANKS MAN! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!

and very excited about this,is the first true purple strain ive had the pleasure of running in YEARS!!!! and is bred from one of my favorite genepools :3

Edited by Milktruck (07/15/16 03:05 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #816898 - 07/15/16 03:19 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Mmmmmm, I love pineapples

Never had that one tho

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Nevar44]
    #816899 - 07/15/16 03:24 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Mmmmmm, I love pineapples

Never had that one tho

:groove:

I love this guy right now

This is my first time getting ahold of Domestic breeder seeds outside of ones i bred myself :3 (not that i consider myself a breeder, far from it, im just a fan of free seeds when i can make them confdently)

i'm giddy like a school-girl

(Disclaimer to MTG: MTG as a company, and NO ONE affiliated with MTG had ANYTHING to do with me receiving seeds bred by them, was entirely a 3rd party deal)

Edited by Milktruck (07/15/16 03:33 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817051 - 07/18/16 06:48 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Outdoor queen is doing fantastic so far.. been a bit since i updated on her, i had to watch her like a hawk for a bit....

about a week ago a very strong storm came through while she was tied down and i was away, it had insanely bad straight line winds, her main stem split right down the middle... and i didnt get to it in time to repair the two sections back together and there were already bugs eating the plant's spongey pith, so reattaching the two hemispheres together was a no go. here how i fixed it (so far anyway)

undid the LST for that branch, used a CLEAN razor blade and removed any and all already dead pith and tissue from the split section, i then covered what tissue was left exposed inside the split with cinnamon (helps non repairable wounds callus over way faster and keeps insects from trying to eat the delicate interior tissues) and let it sit for a couple days with some twisted electrical tape about 6 inches above the wound holding the two branches in a solid position, and a bit of plastic positioned over the wound to keep any possible rain off of it..

the plant is continuing to grow and the split isn't showing any signs of infection or rot, and in about another week ill remove the plastic piece keeping rain off, ass exposes tissue sections inside the split will callus over, then scab up and fuse back together with scar tissue :cool:

The plant is continuing to grow like nothing happened, no signs of stalling whatsoever, the wound isnt severe enough to cause any fluid flow or transpiration issues apparently

Yes i have noticed the couple areas of powdery mildew and also the insect damage, is being combated by Lecithin and Pyrethrum, seems to be working quite well so far, the mildew has dried and is NOT spreading, and have seen no signs of fresh mite damage in days. spreading some diatomaceous earth around the base sometime soon, just got go pick some up somewhere :lol: i DID use a little bit of sulfur as well, but will NOT use any more once it gets farther into flower, sulfur solutions just tend to stop mildew dead in its tracks almost overnight, the smell and taste should absolutely not linger for more than a few days, should be totally gone by harvest, have done this many times before. tends to cause massive problems if used once the buds are stacking though, and your end product will smell and taste absolutely disgusting if used too late.

am also aware the two tall tops on the left are a little too close to each other, sadly is a temporary necessity while repairing the stem split, gonna use a rock to hold the base of the stem solid and re LST that branch a few inches away from that center top as soon as the wound has completely healed :laugh:

And this was the top that went into the dirt when the stalk split during the storm....no worse for wear, still growing strong.

Edited by Milktruck (07/18/16 07:15 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817079 - 07/19/16 01:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Found my phone so i finally uploaded the couple harvest shots i took, thought i took more than two...

oh well, here they are

Isnt to bad of a smoke at all, i kept the bottom nugs and thats all ive smoked, rest got gifted once jarred up to my mom, the top buds were right at 8 grams dry, the small collection of bottom nugs i kept was right around 5 grams dry, but ive smoked about a gram of it so far.

Left this top on the plant though just to see what it will do :lol: will probably be another 4-5 grams if i let it over ripen enough, may be a bit more stoney than i want it but i want that weight, pulling early because your dry.....

sucks :lol: it actually only stalled for about a day then went right back on into fattening and finishing ripening up.

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817125 - 07/20/16 08:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Pulled the last top, trichs said she was right where i wanted her, least ill get try smoke some ripe nugs from this one lol

Expecting it to be a solid eighth

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817163 - 07/21/16 05:20 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

The one Afghani Queen i kept has been abused greatly the last week, had no airflow and temps in the mid 80's to mid 90's....just got the fan hooked mounted back to the wall so im considering it a heat stress/drought stress test :lol:

Some of the older fan leaves were stressed and damaged a bit, but the new growth looks fantastic, hoping she is in fact a she. Just got tansplanted into a larger pot yesterday.

And so far, the Fem Dutch Kush, the Fem Special Kush #1, and both Seedsman Afghani i had in to pop have popped and been planted. The fem cheese candy and the 3 Pineapple Purple skunk still left to pop.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#817206 - 07/22/16 02:01 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Nice nugs, bro. They turned out beautifully.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (07/22/16 02:01 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Sloppy]
    #817235 - 07/23/16 12:53 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

thanks! coulda been a lot nicer though, had i waited till i pulled the last top to pull the entire thing.

oh well, still great smoke :blazed:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817343 - 07/25/16 10:51 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

What's popped so far

Special Kush #1

Cheese Candy

Dutch Kush

Afghani queen baby around 3 weeks old give or take a few days, this was originally the smaller of the 3, ill have to go get pics of the others next time im at a certain friend's place, they are still quite a bit bigger than this one for their age.

This one is still going to be a wild plant to control in such a small setup...this cross makes fucking HUGE plants for the age. Hybrid Vigor ftw. I've even done some defoliating to try and slow it down a bitso my fems could catch up a bit....

Aint gonna happen :lol: as usual this thing is exploding :laugh: (good problem to have)

Definitely looking like yet another variant of my fatass, about 75% or so of the seed turns out VERY similar to this one

Also have a 3x pack of Dr.Krippling's Incredible Bulk (700-1000 grm/meter2)

and another 3x pack of RQS Special Queen #1 (definitely one of the best sub 9 week flowering skunks on the market, imo at least)

Edited by Milktruck (07/25/16 10:56 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817409 - 07/26/16 10:19 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Just for a re-cap

Afghani queen day 9 (the one i kept is the small one from the far left in this pic)

And now the update...

Afghani Queen day 26 :cool: Lst and clones tomorrow, into flower in a few days :laugh:, already know sex, is female, preflowered day before yesterday, just not large enough for pics yet, in due time.

My Hand for perspective, i am 6'3" 235lbs, or just under 2m around 105 kilograms

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817513 - 07/28/16 02:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

All indoor plants are under the t5 at 18/6 now

plant stand lowered, not usually that far from the lights.

Plants from left to right

3 Pineapple Purple skunk regular, 1 day above soil
1 Dutch Kush fem
1 Special Kush #1 fem
1 Cheese Candy fem all 4 days above soil i think
1 Afghani Queen 28 days old, regular, but already shown fem preflowers

Group shot under 1 of 2 t5's, this one is just 156 watts+a couple 23 watt 2100k cfl's

the kushes and the cheese

The Purp Skunks

thinking this will be the first clone of her. Has a couple shoots down low to replace the cutting with two more tops so... is a top coming from the first true leaf node, isnt getting nearly as much light as it should be getting, and she has already grown bigger than i wanted for the age, so im just going to up pot her one more time soon and keep a from seed mother, im REALLY liking the looks of this one :cool: Preflowered female early, and a VERY vigorous grower.

This is how the plant stand (made from an old barber shop hydraulic chair) would normally sit atm

And might as well throw up a pic of the breeder packaging, i see a lot of people on other forums doing that so why not :lol:

The rest of my seedbank genetics should arrive within the week :cool: xant wait to see what kind of plants i end up with, really hoping for a nice, strong, solid, Purp Skunk male :laugh:

Edited by Milktruck (07/29/16 12:34 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#817589 - 07/31/16 02:46 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Did some light defoliating on the clone mother'smain tops, the shoots are about to unfold their own fan leaves so i cleaned her up a bit to let the lower shoots get better light, she is going to be another cone mother after all, not as interested in making budsites as i am in making sure i have as many shoots to take cuttings from as possible when the time comes. this plant is SUPER fast, id like to fill an entire box with her :laugh:

This one has some HUGELY indica dominant traits to her...smell is already ridiculous lol

Dutch Kush - Back left
Special Kush #1 - back right
Cheese Candy - front middle

And Pineapple Purple Skunk....these might just be the SLOWEST plants ive ever popped to date...painfully slow lol, the two kushes and the cheese candy were popped at the same time :lol: i'm thinking they may just not be liking the soil mix as much as my others. they do have a bit more sativa in them then what i usually run.

Edited by Milktruck (07/31/16 03:59 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #817592 - 07/31/16 04:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Those painfully slow seeds look like some I've cracked and had problems with... they take forever to snap outta it if they ever do

Old seeds or improperly stored seeds is best thing I've thought so far

Interested to see how those go

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds