Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShpongulate
Stranger

Post your doodles
    #816472 - 07/05/16 02:44 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

SHOW ME EM!!!!! Good or bad or in between. Here's a few I've done recently:

Someone at worked tagged this one :I

That's all for now. I think my style is pretty distinctly mine (liquid eyeballs everywhere in plant-like situations), but I don't try to keep it conformed to that... I shut my brain off and wake up with something on the page  :cookiemonster:

Watchu guys have to share?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Post your doodles [Re: Shpongulate]
    #816481 - 07/05/16 07:38 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Reminds me of the doodles of a past member here. harri

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineShpongulate
Stranger

Re: Post your doodles [Re: King Koopa]
    #816483 - 07/05/16 08:03 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Yoo I remember harri, he had a cool style with a touch of realism that I was always jealous of. Nice.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#816492 - 07/05/16 11:24 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Lovely style man, it's really abstract and well composed.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Post your doodles [Re: Sham87]
    #816499 - 07/06/16 04:11 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Reminds of inkblots.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Post your doodles [Re: Chakanooga]
    #816534 - 07/06/16 11:04 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

What do you see?

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Post your doodles [Re: Sham87]
    #816537 - 07/07/16 02:57 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a neat style man, I like it :thumbup:

This is all old stuff, I haven't drawn much in the last few years.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineShpongulate
Stranger

Re: Post your doodles [Re: Data]
    #816538 - 07/07/16 06:10 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

That's cool stuff, I REALLY like the textures in your darker looking drawings, reminds me a lot of Stephen Gammell (any inspiration there?) either way you certainly have a talent for rendering things, good to see.

EDIT: Also, do you use an eraser for the light smudges?

Edited by Shpongulate (07/07/16 06:19 AM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#816542 - 07/07/16 06:17 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Agmotes has some deep issues, man.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #816569 - 07/07/16 01:56 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shpongulate said:
That's cool stuff, I REALLY like the textures in your darker looking drawings, reminds me a lot of Stephen Gammell (any inspiration there?) either way you certainly have a talent for rendering things, good to see.

EDIT: Also, do you use an eraser for the light smudges?

Thanks, and yea I remember liking that guys work when I was growing up. I also enjoy zdzisław beksiński's work as long as it doesn't involve distorted female anatomy :shrug:

I really need to work on my surreal backgrounds...I think that's part of what makes beksiński's work so fascinating.

And yes, I did use an eraser in a similar fashion to the frantic charcoal scribbles. I usually end up doing the darker charcoal pieces in a frenzy. I just let my eyes go slightly out of focus and and pay more attention to the overall feel of it rather than the details. :shrug:

I need to start messing with color more...I haven't done much with that other than a few things in highschool.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineShpongulate
Stranger

Re: Post your doodles [Re: Data]
    #816571 - 07/07/16 03:33 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Thanks, and yea I remember liking that guys work when I was growing up. I also enjoy zdzisław beksiński's work as long as it doesn't involve distorted female anatomy :shrug:

I really need to work on my surreal backgrounds...I think that's part of what makes beksiński's work so fascinating.

And yes, I did use an eraser in a similar fashion to the frantic charcoal scribbles. I usually end up doing the darker charcoal pieces in a frenzy. I just let my eyes go slightly out of focus and and pay more attention to the overall feel of it rather than the details. :shrug:

I need to start messing with color more...I haven't done much with that other than a few things in highschool.

Oh I love beksinski's work. In hindsight I had a similar feeling when looking at your branches to how I felt looking at his painting of surreal trees. Agree about the female anatomy thing, quite disturbing shit.

Try a painting some time and you'll prolly get good experience with both colour and the creative backgrounds you're looking for. If I could manage it all of my drawings would have backgrounds to go with em but for now they will remain desolate ~_~ I typically draw with the surreal objects in mind only and just expect people to imagine a background (lame).

Here's a few more, stuff from near the end of highschool/beginning of college. After I developed a style (and similarly, I zone out and disconnect and am not aware of what I'm drawing beyond what my previous stroke was) it pretty much stayed looking the same but I have a bit more confidence to draw more complex things.

And by contrast maybe a year earlier than that last drawing my drawings looked like this which is quite uglier I do say. That's my first ever drawing attempting such a style and it didn't really work out. But being able to utilize expressionism, in time, has huge merits such as being able to use anything and draw something unique at any time pretty much.

As far as inspirations for me goes, just shit in my brain LoL, but generally things in my head have an organic look to them, similar to plant biological stuff (above and underwater, mostly underwater stuff).

Also just noticed apparently everything I draw can only look left.

Edited by Shpongulate (07/07/16 03:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder