Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Loc: I can see a lot of trees
Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #815539 - 06/22/16 02:36 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Thank ya kindly!

I am quite pleased with my results when I compare them to my monetary investment in the hobby :wink: which still sits, including electricity, under $120 a YEAR.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #815566 - 06/22/16 07:56 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

that's pretty sweet I'm still in debt to the hobby I paid alot less than I was expecting to I'm just under a grand including electricity and stupid purchases and it's almost harvest time so pretty stoked it will eventually pay for its self I spent a lot more when I started playing with mushies and that paid off handsomely

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #815581 - 06/22/16 10:43 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Well, when I actually add it up without guessing, including electricity its more like $250 a year, but assuming I produce more than an ounce n a half (lolol) in that year ive saved money lol. I smoke less than a gram a day in flower weight so a small t5 setup and an outdoor plant or two is more than enough for me :cool:

Especially considering the quality, my smoke tends to be much nicer then the local stuff available at stupidly high prices around here. People here love to grow tons of plants and crop it early and lightly compress it to make their money. Their primary concern is quantity and not quality. Same with local wax around here, most is made unpurged with shitty gas station lighter butane.

Cant wait for the medical laws to go into effect....

Edited by Milktruck (06/22/16 10:46 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: Milktruck]
    #815587 - 06/23/16 01:00 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

lol nice electricity alone is $600 a year here well if I ran 24hr which I haven't since the first month now I'm just vegging in my little pet project mini veg tent so maybe $400 a year running everything but my lights 24hr

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815588 - 06/23/16 01:27 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

i veg at 18/6, and is only MAX 350 watts (two 156 watt t5 panels and cfl side lighting) and thats if im running a full 6 plants and fill it up.

and i only veg for MAX 3-4 weeks, and make my yeild in plant count over plant size so i can veg a smaller amount of time, i actually get better yeilds this way in faster time, atm i cant use my full setup though, had to use the closet for temporary storage, is just one t5 panel and some cfl's on two plants currently, gonna try and make my yeild back up with my outdoor queen.

so 40/52 weeks a year im running 12/12 only and my yeilds are actually better than when i ran 2-4 large plants or a single DWC plant. :cool: i start plants on a table directly under a 42 watt 6500k cfl since inconsistencies in lighting during veg dont seem to do much harm. works great till they are large enough for me to flower in my setup when im running 6.

Edited by Milktruck (06/23/16 01:30 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815590 - 06/23/16 03:05 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

ahhh I see I have to keep it under 8 plants total due to the laws here... I don't but that's what I'm striving for there are just so many strains i wanna play with lol

I have been vegging under incandescent grow bulbs at the moment and they suck so I'm gonna change the rig to cfls I tried ked before and the stretched all crazy like I made an air light rig with the incandescents but they still run too hother to be in the same space as the plants so I have to use a clear plastic barrier to keep the plants cool as soon as seeds pop they go in to the veg tent and stay till they get a good start

not really in a huge rush more just getting to know what works best for me when I get to a set method that I enjoy I'll worry about tweaking it to produce quality and quantity right now just trying out different things this is my favorite part of my hobbies I already started mixing my own nutes and at least my flowering nutes seems to work great I haven't run out of micro and veg nutes yet so still running gh for those...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815619 - 06/23/16 01:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

You can usually find 42 watt CFLs that put out about 2500 lumenseach, is a 175 watt incandescent equivalent.

I have found that ONE of these can veg a seedling up to 3-4 weeks (depending on how fast it grows) without any stretching.

Obviously if you veg longer than that you may need two per plant

They work great and only cost about $10 each at Walmart.

And if you feel like scaring yourself, go lookup what toxic heavy metals and chemicals are used in GH nutes...

Is full arsenic, lead, nickel,zinc, among other unwanted things..there is huge reason I stick to organics marketed for food production.

Although tbh, my best yeild ever from a single plant came from a DWC plant I was using GH flora series is on,and the bud was dank as fuck xD 4.8 ounces from a single 40" indoor plant under 340 watts of t5 and cfl :0...couldn't get anywhere near that with my current organicsoil mix the quickly...would have to veg for like 2 months

Edited by Milktruck (06/23/16 01:40 PM)

Offlineello619

#815628 - 06/23/16 09:08 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Looks great cant wait to see the final harvest

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: RQS Special Queen #1 x Seedsman Original Afghani #1 Outdoor 2016 [Re: ello619]
    #815635 - 06/23/16 09:30 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Cool yea I just ordered a few different bulbs just waiting on delivery couple cfls a different type of led throw em all at the wall and see what sticks lol I am leaning more to aeroponics so toxins in mineral salts and micro nutes are always gonna be an issue but they are also naturally occurring so I'm confident the plant knows what to do with them I think keeping a clean system will help as well

my buddy is working on an organic super soil that he wants me to try i may give it a go  in the next few months

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815637 - 06/23/16 11:02 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
Cool yea I just ordered a few different bulbs just waiting on delivery couple cfls a different type of led throw em all at the wall and see what sticks lol I am leaning more to aeroponics so toxins in mineral salts and micro nutes are always gonna be an issue but they are also naturally occurring so I'm confident the plant knows what to do with them I think keeping a clean system will help as well

my buddy is working on an organic super soil that he wants me to try i may give it a go  in the next few months

Thats basically what I do, mix an organic, "just add ph neutral water" mix, has multiple sources of composting organic materials and quite he list of beneficial bacteria, mycorhyzal fungi, ectomycorhyzal fungi, and archaea, has bone, blood, and feather meal, sulfate of potash, and composted poultry manure as well as a few different grain flours to feed the fungi. Mixed with coir, fresh compost and perlite (perlite is hugely important, without it I would have constant root rot problems in this mix, oxygen in some amount at least HAS to get to the root zone or slowly anaerobic bacteria will take over and poison your plant with hydrogen sulfid, which is basically farts) Works a charm, and no worries about over nuting, undernuting, or ph issues since the soil ecosystem holds ph stable for you where they deem their host plant prefers it. The actual full list of material for the soil is quite long and I dont remember it all atm. (Isnt as complicated as it seems, is basically assembled from pre made/mixed ingredients that came from home depot xD) my plants basically grow from a natural, fully formed, soil ecosystem.

My yeilds are on average only about 2/3 what they where when I was running chemical fertilizer, but man they just look so much healthier and happier, even the green chlorophyl itself seems to be almost a different shade when done organically. I trust the fungus lol.

and metals are really only an issue if you , mae it one, very few people are sensitive to the metals gh is high in, I still just like to use organics when I can. They often have as much or more but I kinda agree, the plants know what to do

Pic of the Lanky Queen because why not? When your this sexy you deserve some glamour shots :wink:  37 days into 12/12....probably 3-4 weeks left

Actually ditched the t5 yesterday and added some more 42 wTt cfl's to make up for it. The fatass is too uneven a canopy this round, had to make a compromise do to my lack of training her before flower, didnt want to back the lights off the lanky queen anymore than I already had.

Edited by Milktruck (06/24/16 11:34 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815717 - 06/24/16 07:17 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Had some INTENSE storms last night, almost two inches of rain in two hours.

Outdoor queen handled it fine, just a bit droopy from all the excess water, got a good fresh layer of loam deposited from the creek near by though :cool: so next couple weeks of nutes done once i rake a bit of it down into the weeds and shit around her base, they will grow back in and cover it within 48 hours here and all trace of any raking will be gone :lol:

How do you like my camo? She blends in quite nicely

Edited by Milktruck (06/24/16 11:48 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815721 - 06/24/16 07:46 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

lol like where's Waldo

yea I only tried the incandescents cause it was 50 cents a bulb I had to try it but way too hot for the light you get I love the photos under cfl they look worlds better than hps

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815722 - 06/24/16 08:13 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

there is a quarter mile of briars, blackberries, and sticker bushes in all directions around it, and once your more than 20 feet away you cant even see it, like, at all, if you dont want to go through those you have to go through my house out to the back yard and walk 3/4 a mile off property to find it :lol: im gettin a good workout checking in on her, is the edge of a 20x20 foot clearing way off in nowhere lol. Is also black bear territory and i carry a few cans of bear mace with me...you wan this plant?....good luck!!! lololololol, we're classed deciduous rainforest! better bring a machete'!

and a few of my cfls in there are 3500k and one is 6500k, rest are 2700...so its a nice even color for guaging color of foliage and things like that.

a lot of HPS growers will take pics with flash within the first minute or two after lights out. the logic there is almost every single plant outside sees a few hundred lightning strikes at night before harvest and they do fine. could also keep a couple cfls rigged up to flip on for a minute to turn off the HPS to get some proper pics/

On the subject of light leaks and light during dark cycle... I also have never been able to stress a hermie from small and changing light leaks contrary to popular belief....

a long time ago, before all the light pollution you could actually see every single visable from earth star at night from all surfaces on the planet, and the moon in Full was about 25% brighter...and sometimes was behind clouds, sometimes wasnt, would look like it dances around place to place because of this, and some nights its never seen at all...

when someone tells me minor* light leaks and inconsistencies cause hermie i cant help but laugh a little on the inside.:lol: My flower box is just a cupboard i close during night cycle, has a few leaks here and there, but is always at least as dark as a full moon night....this is ALL you need...i have NO problems with hermies. when i do its always been when running fem seed or fighting spider mites :wink: i have even sat in the darkness with the box open and my computer screen pointing the opposite direction of the box, once my eyes adjust im able to clearly watch them as they sleep under the dim background glow of my labtop, i love doing this when im working a third shift schedule because i never get to chill with them during lights on...the difference between day and night is more than dramatic enough that ive never had an issue doing this.

Edited by Milktruck (06/24/16 08:32 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815724 - 06/24/16 08:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I get what your saying and agree for the most part but on the other hand I feel that if a plant was grown in a certain light system and there are massive abrupt changes in lighting it most definitely can effect the plant growth photosensitivity some is different with all kinds of plants so strains and phenotypes could have easily bred these traits in to a plant causing some to be more sensitive to light variation than others a long time ago we were not breeding and manipulating the ecosystem like we are now...

my light leaks issue was referring to troubleshoot my buds not stacking and seeming to grow more vegetation then work on the buds theoretically light inconsistency could cause a plant to stall flower growth and raise vegetation growth in any case I was ruling that out as a cause so it's either nutes or light distribution causing my buds not to stack up most likely nutes though...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815729 - 06/24/16 10:14 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

changes in photoperiod most definitely can cause herms, that most definitely doesnt exist in nature, (although ive never noticed a problem with changing light intensities, on your average partly cloudy day my plant will see that happen for two or three minutes every 20 or so, and the last 36 hours have been largely cloudy. i was mainly saying light leaks and changes in small amounts of light and intensity as long as it never falls TOO low are very very unlikely to cause problems in my experience. a lot of growers stress it like mad and go nuts with light leak prevention and duct tape because they think that is whats causing their herms, not their carelessly produced fem seed.

and id say too much vegetation, slow flowering, dark shiny greens, and those slight hooked leaf tips are more likely too much abundant n2 through flower than light leaks... (i guarantee the half moon to half moon over the full moon cycle which lasts for two weeks is brighter than whatever light leaks your getting if you have tried to keep it dark at all) especially if growing in hydro or soiless mediums, i had to watch nitrogen and PH when doing hydro like a hawk ( a ph swing can even cause uptake of too much n2 in relation to other minerals, in flower very little to none is really required, they can usually manufacture most the n2 they need when in hydro under plenty of light. (in veg, excess n2 is usually a good thing however since you want all that foliage development)

heres something you may have already seen, it's a good ph chart and what nutrients are best uptaken at what ph when in a hydroponic and soiless environment, if you havn't seen it its very useful, i kept it pprinted out and laminated above my closes when i was doing DWC :lol: obviously in flower you want a MUCH higher PK ratio in relation to N, i go from 5-4-6 (i think) in veg to 2-7-4 in flower in my current soil, and it looks like my lanky pheno wouldnt have really needed any nitrogen during flower for the most part. chart there for any soil medium (any medium with a biological root buffer basically) growers that may come across this journal and find it useful as well.

not trying to "school" you or anything, just trying to help with what information i have lol

Edited by Milktruck (06/25/16 12:11 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815752 - 06/25/16 10:06 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Managed to snap a few shots of the lanky Queen with a flash in the few seconds before lights came on this morning...she a true beauty!!!!! Even if she's small and only gonna yeild like 16 grams :3 expecting realistically anywhere between 12-14 grams from a lanky queen this small....

this first pic is literally the SMALLES top nug on the plant, is just up front and easy to get pics of lol. ones behind is are easily twice the size. Shes gonna be a nice, skunky sativa dom day smoke :cool:

Lights came on before i got to fatass, shes frosting up nicely now, but she still has too much foliage to focus in on the buds, sadly probably no good porn of her till final week/harvest xD...expecting probably only 12-14 grams from her thanks to my errors in mixing the nutrients for the soil. roots organics Buddha Bloom to the rescue!!! IF is similar to last clone of her, she is an UBER couchlock :cool: Sadly i should have been able to yeild at least 3 quarters (21) off a fatass clone this size, oh well, we all make mistakes some times lol

you can see a bit of the trichome production in this pic, but she doesnt like to frost over her fan leaves and it always makes it hard to get good bud porn from her, cameras dont like to focus up close with her.

Edited by Milktruck (06/25/16 10:35 AM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815775 - 06/25/16 03:20 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone loves porn!!!

Outdoor queen is growing like a weed, an inch or more a day....pun intended, starting to look a lot like an intermediary pheno between the fatass and lanky, still regretting not taking clones.

For some reason I feel , like shes gonna be some suuuuuuper dank smoke :cool:

And heres my first lighter nug shots that everyone hates doing this long before the final swell...still 3 weeks+ left to go ...not gonna be bad at all for a 13" plant primarily cfl run...i may keep the lanky queen around yet. Just wish she didnt stretch at the flip so much, had to lolipop quite a bit of her.

Still quite sad I fucked up Fatass' nutes...she should be easily twice this fat by now...I know this clone as quite a good yeilder for a 7 week strain :frown:

Edited by Milktruck (06/25/16 10:47 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#815782 - 06/25/16 06:15 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

ain't nothing wrong with mad pics swollen or not lol they look happy nah I don't think yourl trying to school me I'm always receptive to an experienced point of view I like playing Devils advocate it helps me view things in a different light.. pun also intended

I have a feeling my main just wants to grow all funky she looks like she just wants to explode with a bunch of smaller buds instead of condensing in to one nice top cola my nitrogen is onot the really low side already according to the GH chart it's at 5ml to 2.5 gal instead of the 1 gal it's supposed to be I had the same idea so I've been backing off the nitrogen before I flushed she is even showing Nitrogen Deficiency my ph is pretty stable 6.5 to 6.7 I feed once a week and fill the res with water the rest of the week and ph stays pretty much the same...
this just popped in my head but I just realized I do have alot of co2 production going on in my tent I haven't done alot of research on co2 effects but it's the only thing left to trouble shoot unless it really is my lady is being really sassy and just wars to keep growing lol looking at all the bucha and mush cults I mahalo be over doing it...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815786 - 06/25/16 07:07 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldnt go over ph 6.2 in hydo ever for cannabis. Higher starts to lock out micro nutes and ALL manganese and iron...just my two cents there lol, I always raised it from 5.5 to 6 even during flower. if you lockout manganese and iron your phosphorus uptake will drop making your n2 raise in relation to the other essential nutrients for flowering. pay very very close attention to that diagram, itll save you many runs of hair pulling, keep in 5.5 to 6 if possible in hydro or completely inert mediums running chemical nutrients. below 5.5 and youll end up with schorched leaves and heavy metal build ups.

Throwing in 7 more afghani queen beans, first four to pop make the cut, out of those hoping for two new female phenos to mess with, maybe make another mother plant. This plate will be tossed on my cable box in the living room, will keep it at about 85-90 F. Most the beans will usually pop within 36 hours. the ones that dont sadly get the cut, i have WAY too many of these seeds to bother with the slow ones. Years from now i will probably still be poppin some afghani queens for nostalgia, gonna store em in the freezer and pass em down as my "first homemade cross" xD  Maybe ill stabilize it and make it available at some point who knows.

Mixed the same soil as last time making DAMN sure I got the full dose of nutes, and all the garins, minerals, and ash id need and whatnot. Only difference this time is I increased perlite content by 50% so I can get more than two waterings a week in

And I dont think sensimilla plants are EVER happy, the reason theyre so dank is because we grow them under MAJOR Sexual tension, most die virgins xD

And heres a candid upskirt of the same lanky queen clone Im running grown by a friend of mine, is under 3100k t5, GH Flora Nova series in coco/perlite. Is 8 days in flower ahead of mine. He didnt send me a pic of the whole thing, is about twice the size of mine xD vegged for 6 weeksish I think

looks good you say?

well this is the SAME lanky queen clone flowering under purely 6500k t5 two weeks from finishing, same point as my buddies clone cut, and this is why i prefer 6500k t5 to 2700k, shorter fatter hairs, smaller denser buds, same long skinny fan leaves, but still those are more compact as well, even the vein spacing in the leaves is narrower, bud leaveas are a bit shorter and fatter like the hairs, like its trying to shield its calyxes a bit, but for whatever reason, that spectrum of florescent shoots the trichome production THROUGH THE ROOF, which also makes me think they are involved in some sort of defense mechanism, that and the fact when a gnat lands and eats a glandular trich it dies in a few seconds xD, i have a few a week i have to tweezer off a leaf. was also grown in a basement at the time that NEVER got above 75 day time, 68 night time, may be a factor as well

feel free to blow the image up and notice there are many areas where trichs are stacked standing room only :cool:

OVERALL YEILD IN CONCENTRATE PER PRODUCTION DOES NOT CHANGE, OFTEN GOES UP, effectively implying ounce for ounce MUCH higher potency in the ratio of goody amount to basic plant matter

So far this grow I have learned:

1. Use bigger pots in relation to the size of the plant when trying to grow smaller plants...that ratio does NOT scale evenly xD

2. My Fatass needs more food than what I gave it this round lolololololol

Looking at my results with the lanky so far, I think im gonna have it nailed next time. Same mix as lanky, bigger pot, 50% more perlite. not worried about this making it overdose in nutes, the sybiotic ecosystem IF functioning properly should feed the plant exactly what it needs, when it needs it, i think thats the super soil theory anyway. will be doubling pot size to compensate for the extra space taken by inert medium.

Edited by Milktruck (06/25/16 11:38 PM)

InvisibleMilktruck
I am your brain on drugs

#815880 - 06/27/16 07:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

100% popped in 36 hrs :cool: more effortless awesomeness :rockon:

Four fastest planted, will be going under t5 on 18/6 soon as they break ground

Edited by Milktruck (06/27/16 07:50 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order