Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Cheap Lowryder setup? Help! noob!!
    #807938 - 03/14/16 12:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hi there. Just looking for lighting options to grow some short lowryders out of my closet. It'll be an open closet and I'm not worried about smell. Of course I'll use a fan and ventilation is already taken care of

Just need links to a good light under 100 bucks that I can hang from my closet bar and a light timer

I am pretty confused on what to buy

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Cheap Lowryder setup? Help! noob!! [Re: RanOutOfWeed2]
    #808083 - 03/16/16 10:18 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hey im a noob to all this indoor growing too but i just did a few weeks of research into building my grow area i just made my orders based on the odds of having a decent base set up for as cheap as possible without having tried anything yet so my advice is just the best guess i can offer what i have come to understand is that hps and mh are the prefered way to light for noobs only because its a proven method and that the cheaper set ups have a higher chance of atleast working decently unlike cfls and led it is all about the quality of the lights so if you buy cheaper the chances are you will be disappointed also there are many more knock offs sold as legit atleast with a china crap ballast you know what your getting in to that said i havent seen those go for less than $130 shipped i live in HI so shippings a big issue but may not be for you the strength of the lights depend on your area simply search grow lights on amazon or ebay all the cheap ones are pretty much the same crap ballast re marketed
hope that helps

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap Lowryder setup? Help! noob!! [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #808306 - 03/18/16 08:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How are you going to make sure the plants dont get any light on the 12 hour off period?  Any light in the off time is going to stress it out maybe hermie,or keep it from flowering at all. Just wondering because u said your going to keep the door open?

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Re: Cheap Lowryder setup? Help! noob!! [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #808936 - 03/28/16 09:16 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
How are you going to make sure the plants dont get any light on the 12 hour off period?  Any light in the off time is going to stress it out maybe hermie,or keep it from flowering at all. Just wondering because u said your going to keep the door open?

I went ahead and got a grow tent and a mars hydro 300

Should be good :smile:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap Lowryder setup? Help! noob!! [Re: RanOutOfWeed2]
    #809092 - 03/31/16 06:31 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

:jackiechanofapproval: Nice should work great!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck