Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

Help
    #805594 - 02/08/16 11:27 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

wasn't really sure where to post this on this site, but anyways I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make my lungs feel a little bit less like I'm out of breath all the time, I smoke about 2-4 times a day maybe I could drink or eat something to help etc.. thanks for the help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: Help [Re: trippedout1108] * 1
    #805595 - 02/08/16 11:34 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Stop inhaling smoke.
Get a vaporizer.
Exercise.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Help [Re: drawde]
    #805600 - 02/08/16 01:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Stop inhaling smoke.
Get a vaporizer.
Exercise.

Fixed.

Also, that's weird. I smoke pretty much all day every day and my lungs don't feel like that. Maybe look up some breathing exercises or something? You smoke with papers or how you burnin man?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Help [Re: trippedout1108]
    #805603 - 02/08/16 02:08 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I recommend seeing a doctor.
Smoking a couple times a day shouldn't have you feeling "out of breath all the time".

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisibledrawde
Re: Help [Re: Stoneth]
    #805610 - 02/08/16 02:42 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah he should see one regardless but I did have that feeling when I used to smoke flower regularly many moons ago.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
    #805614 - 02/08/16 03:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Stop inhaling smoke.
Get a vaporizer.
Exercise.

This

Quote:

Stoneth said:
I recommend seeing a doctor.
Smoking a couple times a day shouldn't have you feeling "out of breath all the time".

This + edibles

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

Re: Help [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #805641 - 02/08/16 10:15 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I mean it not out of breath like that I just feel like I have to take deeper breaths more often and I usually just use a bowl, how would a vaporizer be better? what exactly is a vaporizer

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
    #805643 - 02/08/16 10:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The real question is :underage:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Help [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #805668 - 02/09/16 01:59 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Im up to 3 bong ripz as long as my dad is asleep.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #805687 - 02/09/16 06:25 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen anecdotal evidence suggesting that THC is a natural expectorant, in that it kicks the cilia that line your lungs into high gear and triggers an increase of thin, clear mucous in the lungs, which helps to remove foreign material such as soot and tar. This is (supposedly) the reason a nice big hit or an especially resinous product will make you feel as though you are going to cough up a lung.

The problem is that smoking flower (especially of shitty quality, which requires more total flower in order to achieve desired effect) is an extremely dirty way to receive THC and related terpenes (all of which may or may not contribute to the overall quality of the desired effect). The amount of nasty crap you inhale may overtake the ability of the lungs to remove said nasty crap...resulting in a net accumulation of shit in your lungs.

On top of this sad reality, burning of flower is an extremely inefficient method of doing things, as the end goal is to vaporize THC and terpenes without reaching combustion/decomposition temperatures, which is extremely hard to do in a bowl/bong/joint. When these high-length hydrocarbons decompose or combust in an oxygen-starved environment (as is the case for the majority of the cooking flower behind the flame front), you get nasty byproducts such as carbon monoxide, soot, various tars, and other nasty things. Some of these byproducts (the soot especially) may be too small for the cilia to effectively remove, thus becoming lodged in the lungs, and slowly leaching various nasty things directly into the lining of the lungs and the bloodstream. More importantly, you just burned up (wasted) a crapload of the available THC in your flower, because you don't science your flower and whatnot. :shrug:

Vaping does what you are trying to do when burning flower, but stops short of the whole nasty burning part. A heat source heats incoming air to just above the vaporizing temperature of THC, and then washes over the flower product, turning the THC and other lower-weight terpenes into a gas, and eventually a fairly pure aerosol mixture, that then rides the air stream into your lungs, free of the nasty combustion by-products associated with traditional smoking methods.

As an alternative, try to reduce the amount of combustible plant material in your flower products. Invest in more potent flower, or concentrate your flower into hash or oil. The more pure the THC, the more it will behave as an ideal bulk liquid, and more effectively utilize the heat from traditional smoking methods towards vaporization, and less towards burning up into cancer smoke.

And finally, consider yourself as a key factor in this equation. What do you do on a normal day, what do you do while you smoke, how many calories do you intake daily, and what kind of calories are they? If you live a crappy lifestyle, eat crappy food, stay sessile for the vast majority of your waking hours, and smoke pretty often...your lung capacity is only going to go in one direction. Since you haven't stated anything regarding your lifestyle, this paragraph is more of a statement to consider, rather than judgement or ridicule.

Hope this helps...in some way or another. :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

Re: Help [Re: Data]
    #805705 - 02/09/16 09:36 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, now that you mention it I do have a pretty shitty diet (mostly junk food) although I do stand and move around for about 8 hours mon-fri the rest of the time I'm usually sitting on my ass relaxing, I'm really interested in a vaporizer now that you mention all of these shitty effects smoking the old fashion way, can anybody suggest a good vaporizer, also are there different types of vaporizers or are they all pretty much for the same thing ?

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

#806419 - 02/21/16 01:18 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

where can I get a good vaporizer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order