Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

First Outdoor Grow
    #804917 - 01/30/16 07:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys, I live in Michigan and am looking to start growing for the first time outdoors this year, I was wondering what kind of nutrience I would need and what kind of soil how big the hole should be etc... any other info would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

Re: First Outdoor Grow [Re: trippedout1108]
    #805560 - 02/07/16 07:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In my opinion I would use 20-20-20 fertalizer and dig a huge hole apprx. 3ft X 4ft  or whatever you can fit. I would make sure you put them (it) in a spot where they are going to get a full days sunlight and when you are starting them try to keep transplanting to a bare minimum the less they go through shock the better plant growth they will have. Also make sure to flush your plants soil out 2 weeks before harvest.
Have a good one !

Oh also for the soil I use triple mix but maybe someone with better experience could suggest something better for both of us

Edited by Greenthumb12 (02/07/16 07:25 PM)

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

Re: First Outdoor Grow [Re: Greenthumb12]
    #805565 - 02/08/16 02:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

how do I flush the soil and what exactly is flushing the soil? and how exactly do I use the nutrients? I'm fairly new at all this and wanna make sure I know as must as possible before I actually start so if you could explain everything with some detail that'd be really appreciated, thanks man :thumbup::tongue2:

OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

#805628 - 02/08/16 07:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah for sure you should keep reading the forum too. There is a lot of useful information in it from a lot of very experienced people. I am more experienced in outdoor than indoor so I will explain as much as I know but keep an open mind to other peoples knowledge on growery.

Planting/Germination: ??
How are you starting your plants? Have you got(getting) clones or are you germinating and starting from seed?

Soil:
For the soil find a triple mix of soil or some kind of soil that is for tomatoes or vegetables. DO NOT USE SOIL FOR BLOOMING FLOWERS OR JUST FLOWERS. Dig a big hole as big as you can and try to get a sativa dominant strain if you can and want to have a big yield from your harvest. If the soil where you are digging is nice and dark or acceptable for plant growth (I usually check for worms in the soil because they clean and tend to be in rich areas for soil) then I would take a big planter or something like that and mix just a couple bags into some of the soil you dug up this way you save some money on soil and personally I like to mix it if the soil seems good for plants. So once you have gotten the soil, you have dug your apprx. 3X4ft hole and mixed your bought soil with the dug soil, Loosly fill the hole with the mixed soil leaving an inch or two of depth in the hole so you can work with the soil when you start to plant. Now you are ready to plant in that spot. If anyone else has some better input for outdoor soil feel free to post it.

Light: Make sure you plant in a spot where they can get the most sunlight in a full day I would go out and try to track and monitor where the sun hits the most during the day.

Fertalizer/Nutrients: when you buy the nutrients at the garden centre they will explain exactly what to do but most Nutrients I use you just mix with water at a certain ratio and only water them once every week or two with that water and clean water the rest of the time I would suggest not using nutrients until the plant has had some been put in its final growing spot. To flush the plants of nutrients you must water your plants more than normal 2 weeks before you plan to harvest and do not use nutrients.

I am not going to explain "topping" or training in this because there is a really good guide to it here on growery that will explain it much better than I will Here is the link to that
https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239247

Let me know if you need more info
Keep Reading. Have a good one

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

#805642 - 02/08/16 10:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I was maybe going to try to get a clone but if I can't do that could I but some seed offline? also the plant will need to be watered 7 days a week correct? and can I start the plant off in one spot and keep it there until harvest?

OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

#805863 - 02/12/16 11:58 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you havent used seed yet I would read some more on germination and propogation because it will take a bit more effort than buying a clone but I would suggest learning anyway, Some trial and error is great for experience so dont feel bad if you fail at first. Its also a lot cheaper to learn from seed than to buy a clone from someone.  Do not water your plant 7 days a week only water it once or twice a week you want the plant to dig its roots deeper to find more water in the ground. But only use the nutrients once every 2 weeks. Do not start the plant in the ground unless it is a clone and it has already had time to build its root system I would suggest starting seeds in styrofoam cups after you germinate and waiting until they develop some strong roots. Keep reading there is a lot to learn.

Offlinetrippedout1108
Stranger

#845365 - 06/07/20 01:56 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I do have another question, what would the latest time be to plant outdoors in Southern Michigan?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies