Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

Loc: over there
small plant troubles
    #805081 - 02/01/16 02:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?  Seed
2. How old are your plants?  About 17 days
3. How tall are your plants?  About 4-5in
4. What size containers are they planted in?  Transplanted 2 days ago from 3in to 3 or 4 gal (not exactly sure)
5. What is your soil mix? Roughly 25% pot soil and 75% compost n manure and vermiculite.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? I use diluted solution of distilled water and gen hydro root starter ratio is 1-.5-1. (I have carnivorous plants which is why I used distilled) (prior to transplant only used pot soil with maybe 5-10% peat mix) I will now begin using tap water. I let soil dry on top 2-3in or so before watering again. i fully soak then let drain when i water (no sitting water and no trays)
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5-7 tested runoff water
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? plant tone by espoma 5-3-3 and worm castings
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 23w fluorescent and two t5 fluorescent all 6400k and one t5 is 24w other is 54w 18/6
11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 3-4in above
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 12x6
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp is 70-75*f  humid is 55-65%
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.5-7
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Fungus gnats (lately ive been drying soil a little extra and use earth tone insecticide (following instructions) going to buy diatomacious earth.
16. How much experience do you have growing? Mari experience ive done 6 different cycles (seed to flower also 2 cycles were clones) I work at a garden center and ive been growing plants for years. I have done my research all based from organic standpoint. Ive read george cervantes front to back multiple times. Also done research elsewhere.

My girls look very healthy otherwise. Tips have been slightly curled about a week now. Only green on leaves and stems are solid and look healthy. Also have a fan blowing on/near plants and lights. I also have other herbs and veggies growing same area and some of those have some yellow spots. I know the gnat larvae are doing little damage but like I said mari looks strong and healthy. After transplant it seems to have gotten slightly better. Only problems I think are the cause would be gnat larvae or heat (which I know can make leaves bulge/curl due to high evap. But I did state temp and such which I honestly dont see as the problem because its only a slight curl at leaf tips.

Any input would suffice! Thanks for taking a look into this issue for me.

--------------------
Success is a state of mind. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: small plant troubles [Re: mushroomyz08]
    #805090 - 02/01/16 06:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Have u raised the light at all yet?

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

Re: small plant troubles [Re: Nevar44]
    #805093 - 02/01/16 06:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Before I transplanted them the light was about an inch above them so since two days ago yes a couple inches higher. I read plants can't exactly get "too much light"(this true?). I dont think it would have to do with heat because I have the fan and bulbs really aren't hot unless your basically touching them.

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#805193 - 02/03/16 07:09 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

TAKE CARE OF THOSE GNATS NOW! Fuck those things! I battled those in my veg tent for months and months in every bag of soil I got.

That plant looks really nice man, I don't see what the problem is. I veg mine for 24/0 so no there is no such thing as too much light, as long as it's not too hot and scorching your plants.

Adjust/test the PH before you water. Or are you already?

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: small plant troubles [Re: Scribbler]
    #805200 - 02/03/16 09:02 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

For nats try this... some flies it works well on. Other flied catch on and Don continually follow their buddies to their soapy death lol. Worth a shot it's cheap.

My friends house was full i mean FULL of lil fruit flies or something from them being so dirty in the kitchen last summer. I told him about this and within a half hour he had hundreds of dead flies so many he needed to replace the bowl w new vinegar and stuff lol.

Yeah I know gross. My place is very clean don't get wrong lol. I had to tell him about this, and was glad to see him apply it and have it work so quickly for them. I use it for my mushroom grows when needed.

My plant was doing just what yours is. And I had my t5s a lil close. My breeder friend pointed that out so I raised em (had a feeling it may have been to low at about 6" above em) haven't seen it since. I also have a neat little thermometer that has a temp probe thing that attaches to the 2"x 1/2"x 3" main temp gauge unit via a three foot long skinny cord and plugs into the main temp sensor unit. So I can place to the probe anywhere and get a temp reading...

Hard to explain here's a pic. See white probe, white cord, and white and blue main temp sensor unit hiding in the back. The cord connects to that

Push the blue button and it reads the probe temp or push it again and it reads the main sensor unit temp. Also has a max temp setting and a below freezing alarm. So u can keep track of the max temp the room has gotten to and and alarm goes off if it's freezing temps lol anyways....

Best of luck I'm sure they will be fine and looking great soon. Not that they don't look great already..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/03/16 09:19 AM)

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#805205 - 02/03/16 09:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Here is about how far I try and keep my T5 from my plants and they always veg into beasts.

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805210 - 02/03/16 10:26 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the response!

So here's my gnat story (long one short):
Every single time I've grown mari ive had gnats. Sometimes worse then others and occasionally not at all at some points. This time I have a carnivorous plant tank near which is the main culprit right now but im going to put many sundews in it. Either way ive looked up and tried basically everything I feel lol. No matter what I still get them. There are still other things I have yet to try. Shit sucks!

Things Ive done:
-dish soap/apple cider vin traps
-sand over top soil
-soil drying
-sticky flytraps
-fans

I trying insecticide right now and want diatomaceous earth to try.

Scribbler
I really wasn't sure about a problem or not because they do look healthy. (Safe side I guess) I didn't test water before I used it. Distilled should be at 7 and I know it turns more acidic when exposed to air but I "assumed" a new jug would be ok? I have not used tap water yet so haven't tested that either.

Nevar44
Where can I get a useful little tool like that? Amazon? What is it called a temp probe? Lol id find this to be very useful! The pic up top showing distance of t5 from plants. What you think?

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #805219 - 02/03/16 10:58 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Its probably your soil. Pasteurize it next time to kill any eggs but keep any beneficial fungi.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: small plant troubles [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #805221 - 02/03/16 11:44 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I got my t5 in a baby little closet so it's getting kind of hot in there so I have to keep them a little higher... just depends on individual circumstances tho. My lil closet is running 81  the way I have it now.

If u watch em close enough the plants will tell u if they like the light higher or lower in ur environment

I also have cheap t5s... I wonder if they give off more heat than a good t5?

Ur lights look good to me its more about temp tho I think. The actual temp right at the top of the plants

I got mine at the local grow shop..

Edited by Nevar44 (02/03/16 11:51 AM)

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805222 - 02/03/16 11:54 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Its probably your soil. Pasteurize it next time to kill any eggs but keep any beneficial fungi.

In the past ive used foxfarm, im currently using from my greenhouse at work. Can I pasteurize using a lime bath if i let the ph drop after? I figured itd benefit also by adding nutes. I use this process for pasteurizing straw for mushrooms.

My t5s should be good. They are made for plants. Sunblaster is the brand.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805223 - 02/03/16 11:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ill have to see if I can find one of those thermometers!:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#805226 - 02/03/16 12:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think they all look pretty good!

For the gnats....did you try regular fly traps or the yellow sticky cards?

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805227 - 02/03/16 01:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

They have a bunch of gnats on them. Should I get the cards? I read they are attracted to yellow?

--------------------

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#805228 - 02/03/16 01:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yes get the cards. I got mine on Amazon.

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805235 - 02/03/16 06:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the input! I will get me some cards.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805245 - 02/03/16 08:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I suggest pasteurizing by keeping the soil at 175° for 2 hours. Check out my mushie growing writeup in my Sig. There's a good pasteurizing tek I there.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805246 - 02/03/16 08:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Add enough water until it is a good moisture content instead of just adding 5 quarts of water.

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#805252 - 02/03/16 09:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
I suggest pasteurizing by keeping the soil at 175° for 2 hours. Check out my mushie growing writeup in my Sig. There's a good pasteurizing tek I there.

I can boil it on the stove. It's just a lot of soil lol. Correct me if im wrong, i start the time when the soil hits 175*f and keep for two hours? I can't remember exactly but isn't baking soil toxic to breath or is it just at a certain temp or something? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Mostly asking out of curiosity if you know.

I read your tek also good write up! I haven't heard of pasteurization being done that way. Ill have to try it and see what I like. Keeping it wrapped in the bucket like that will hold the temp at 170*f for that long?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds